Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Break-Up Sex

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Problem is if you have kids together. You cant just eradicate it all from memory. If you can, best to try and make it friendly. I split with husband last year and trying to keep things friendly ... not that friendly!

lol.

I still get called round to get rid of spiders and take her up to Tescos in Shoreham, or wherever.

But seeing as I'll always be in love with her, and we have the best child in the world, it's no worries.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
You can not rely on someone else to make you happy. The other half can enhance your life but can't be relied on.
It's your responsibility and if the other partner moves on just make sure your life is an attractive place to be. It's not
their fault they can't offer the love you crave. If you are happy, you will attract people, if you are sad, why would someone
want to hook up with you. It ain't easy, that's for sure. Good luck US

I don't just 'get over' any of my girlfriends - I soak it up and realise the experiences good or bad.
Personally, it hurts me to be the one who says 'goodbye', which has usually been the case - though I find women to be generally completely cowardly, unable to actually SAY what they are thinking or confront a man about things EVEN THOUGH they absolutely require it of us men and are scathing if we aren't uttely exemplary.

Getting bitter and twisted is a waste of life and emotions - shake 'em off and get on, but just take in the experience. You can't 'apply' every experience either, everyone is different, just be yourself in every relationship and don't let anyone try changing that.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
lol.

I still get called round to get rid of spiders and take her up to Tescos in Shoreham, or wherever.

But seeing as I'll always be in love with her, and we have the best child in the world, it's no worries.

Lol. I'm alright with spiders! Its just when the car goes wrong! I am planning on going on a basic car course so I don't have to ring him up. Pointless being bitter and twisted about these things. Doesn't help anyone.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't just 'get over' any of my girlfriends - I soak it up and realise the experiences good or bad.
Personally, it hurts me to be the one who says 'goodbye', which has usually been the case - though I find women to be generally completely cowardly, unable to actually SAY what they are thinking or confront a man about things EVEN THOUGH they absolutely require it of us men and are scathing if we aren't uttely exemplary.

Getting bitter and twisted is a waste of life and emotions - shake 'em off and get on, but just take in the experience. You can't 'apply' every experience either, everyone is different, just be yourself in every relationship and don't let anyone try changing that.

Good post mate. I think though it is a fact despite the macho posturing and bullshit men take break up's worse than women. That was not directed at you. Most Women can move on quicker as there is usually a queue waiting to take your place.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Problem is if you have kids together. You cant just eradicate it all from memory. If you can, best to try and make it friendly. I split with husband last year and trying to keep things friendly ... not that friendly!

I kept it as civil as I could while I still had to go to stuff with her for the kids but now thats all over I'll have nothing to with her unless something important comes up. I don't get that still stay in contact thing it just complicates matters.

I've completely moved on - something I didn't think was possible after 21 years but apart from the crap the kids went through it was the best thing that happened to me.

Funnily enough I rang her by accident a few weeks back and had to pretend I though my lad was there and that I needed to tell him something - I'm pretty sure she wants to chat and be "friends" but after the shit she put me and the kids through during the divorce she can get stuffed!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just need to find someone who will accept my flaws and f*** knows there are many and accept me for who I am.

Last edited:

Two years ago when I turned to shit. I even spent £ 120 on f***ing manuals on the internet, how to get your ex back and all that shit ! I also read all the " no contact " shit. I can't get my head around how ignoring someone will help at all. I was a sad case but it's all part of life's experiences I guess. Not done that with the recent split as I have lived and learned. What I do know is that when a Woman says " it's over ", you have got to believe my friends " it's over " as they have checked out of the relationship weeks if not months before they hit you with the bomb " we need to talk " or the classic " it's not you, it's me ".

It's not about ignoring someone to affect their feelings for you - you have sometimes to take care of your own matters and hurts, where they exist.
If you feel raw, just don't return to get sliced. If you think you are affected and cannot any longer be natural and happy around that person, just don't be around them.

If a woman has pissed you off and been unkind, treat them as that deserves and just as you would any friend who badly let you down or betrayed your trust.
You have to show you own yourself or YOU cannot be trusted with ownership of their emotions - that's how it is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's not about ignoring someone to affect their feelings for you - you have sometimes to take care of your own matters and hurts, where they exist.
If you feel raw, just don't return to get sliced. If you think you are affected and cannot any longer be natural and happy around that person, just don't be around them.

If a woman has pissed you off and been unkind, treat them as that deserves and just as you would any friend who badly let you down or betrayed your trust.
You have to show you own yourself or YOU cannot be trusted with ownership of their emotions - that's how it is.

Wise words NMH.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
........... Being a bit of a handsome chap also helps :wink:
Balances out your personality.

Split up with my girlfriend of three and a half years in December just before christmas. At the time i thought my world was over & i was a mess for about a week.
:lolol: 1 week :) You're a lucky boy.

PS Das, I'm only kidding.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shagging some else doesn't come into it really, that's all about the rebound.

I split up my wife 8 years ago, and neither of us has met anyone since.

Still see each other every day as mates, but we treat each other as brother and sister.

The Croydon way?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Split up with my girlfriend of three and a half years in December just before christmas. At the time i thought my world was over & i was a mess for about a week. After a heart to heart with my best mate i felt 100% better and realised she was the epitomy of the rut i was in with my life at the time.
Since we split i've lost about 2 stone in weight, Been promoted at work & have a busier & more active social life than i ever did before.

Bloody hell Tony!! sounds just like me.Split up at end of last year after 3 and a half years.Lost loads of weight looking much better now.Seeing someone once a week for a bit of ......Friendship.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Split up from my first love when I was 18, she broke my heart and I never really forgot her....25 years later, we meet again, and I fall for her again, big-time. How foolish and gullible we men can be ! Because 3 years down the line, she goes and does EXACTLY the same as before, cheats and deceives me.....and the pain is just as real as it was when I was a naive teenager. I know that I'd feel a whole lot different if I met someone new, but the problem is, as a middle-aged fella, where do you go to meet new women ??

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I got divorced after 12 years when I was thirty - I was really upset about it for about it for a few weeks but preoccupied with being plunged into being a single mum and working and having students to make ends meet. Then about three months down the line I turned a corner and decided to get out there and live again. Had the most amazing four years then of being single and doing what I wanted, seeing who I wanted to see, watching what I wanted on the tv!!! Cooking when I felt like it.

Learnt to do loads of DIY stuff in the house, even tiled my own bathroom - if I got stuck I asked my bro but I still did it - so you have to turn all the negatives into positives.

I stayed good friends with my ex and if I need anything I could ask him - and the same goes for him with me.

I suppose we are all different in the way we deal with stuff and there is no right or wrong way to deal with it - you do what is right for you at the time.

As for meeting someone else these things normally happen when your least expecting it - stop actively looking for someone special and enjoy life and get out there - and that is when you normally end up meeting someone, when your least expecting it.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
when i split up with my 1st real love i was devastated, she worked at the BP garage at patcham.
they say time is a great healer...but that was 15 years ago. i still cant drive past that garage without filling up

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Split up from my first love when I was 18, she broke my heart and I never really forgot her....25 years later, we meet again, and I fall for her again, big-time. How foolish and gullible we men can be ! Because 3 years down the line, she goes and does EXACTLY the same as before, cheats and deceives me.....and the pain is just as real as it was when I was a naive teenager. I know that I'd feel a whole lot different if I met someone new, but the problem is, as a middle-aged fella, where do you go to meet new women ??

Exactly. Still I qualify for the Saga holidays in August so there may be some opportunities there.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Shagging some else doesn't come into it really, that's all about the rebound.

I split up my wife 8 years ago, and neither of us has met anyone since.

Still see each other every day as mates, but we treat each other as brother and sister.

If you were from Norwich that would mean so much more………...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here