Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible kick off time change 31/12/11 away to Coventry

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Coventry fans are lobbying the club to change the kick off time to 1pm. They were successful in doing this the last time New Years Eve fell on a Saturday. Thought I would post this as advance notice for those considering buying advance train tickets.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Would work for me, what do you reckon back in Brighton by car for 6-7pm. Roads should be pretty quiet. Don't the trains normally stop early on New Years Eve.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'd love it if it did change too, NYE is double pay for me so if I could get back by six ish I would not lose out.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup I wouldn't mind a 1pm kick off.

Shit idea.

Even more shit is the fact that Derby are playing West Ham at home on that day! Couldn't we have played West Ham and Derby play Coventry? Along with Leicester at home to Portsmouth and Watford at home to Doncaster, the Football League yet again prove that they do indeed live on another planet to ordinary travelling fan.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think it's a crap idea. I don't want to have to get up at 7 or 8am on new years eve when I'm going to be staying up until the same time the following morning. Conversely, with a 3pm KO, it'd still be possible to get back to Brighton for 7.30/8, which is plenty early enough to start celebrating.

Note that there are also people on that forum who hope they'll move to a smaller stadium!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it's a crap idea. I don't want to have to get up at 7 or 8am on new years eve when I'm going to be staying up until the same time the following morning. Conversely, with a 3pm KO, it'd still be possible to get back to Brighton for 7.30/8, which is plenty early enough to start celebrating.
Agreed , its mainly for the benefit of home supporters and a precedent has already been set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here