Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible future scenario...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hypothetical question...

Lets just say the Albion became a decent prem team for years to come. Our fanbase out grows our stadium (30,000) and season ticket waiting lists are 3 years+

Would that then make people from around sussex or our fans from outside the area 'plastics' as they supported the team but couldn’t get to many games because of ticket issues and just watched it on SKY.

Would they be a TRUE Albion fan in your eyes.

I only ask as the term plastics is branded about on here more often than enough, but this must of happenend to Thousands of fans around the country.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Its a very good point. I have followed club since the late seventies and am now 40 years old...Do I consider myself a bigger or better fan than the jcl's?..The honest answer to that is yes I do if im honest. But the club has missed out on a whole generation of fans through no fault of its own. Football these days is big buisness and the coverage it gets on the tv and the papers is massive. In the last twelve months alone though Gus/Bloom/Stadium and not forgetting the team it is now cool to be a Brighton fan...As far as im conserned, long may it continue, more fans= more money, better players and better times. Lets be honest 90% of people who wanted to get a season ticket could have got one, where there is a will there is a way.I have my daughter every other Saturday, but im working ways around it. Even if you cant get to every game, you could have sold your ticket on or lent your card to a friend. So I would suggest that people jumping on the bandwagon are happy to watch the tv and just go to the odd game. Does this make them less of a fan?....Does it really matter would be my answer, to be honest I dont care. Im still pinching myself everytime the train pulls into Falmer.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I would find it strange if we had large amounts of fans with scouse/geordie aka not local accents. Even more mental would be to see Albion step off the plane in Singapore to pandamonium on a pre-season tour!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No they wouldnt be in my eyes. BUT would gladly take their money in order to make us more successful. X

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lets concentrate on establishing ourselves as a Championship team first ay!

Hypothetical question...

i thought that would be enough to stop comments like that, but guess not.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Hypothetical question...

i thought that would be enough to stop comments like that, but guess not.

yes but why bother banging on about what may or may not happen in 2,3,5,10 years time and just enjoy our current situation.

nothing wrong with a bit of ambition, granted - at least wait until we are top at christmas! :D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If they follow us, read about us, watch every game and comment online then why shouldn't they be considered real fans? Especially if the only thing holding them back from a season ticket is a very long queue or finances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here