Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possibility of getting someone in tomorrow?

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
My brother appeared yesterday from Holland where he lives, having only found out then that he could get off work until Saturday - obviously didnt have time to get hold of an away ticket as we didnt know that he would be around on Boxing Day.

Do you sell home tickets on the day? If you do, are your stewards nice enough to let someone transfer from the home ends to the away end? Its not like there wont be some empty seats......

Merry Christmas everyone!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I've not got any experience in this but if you were to get in the home end, avoid H block+ as that's the singing section. We get a couple of stewards that post on here that'll give you a better answer.

Due to the regulations of us playing at Withdean we don't sell tickets on the gate, but it's possible (if unlikely tbh) that you could ring our ticket office tomorrow but you won't be able to get anything in the away end.

Good luck!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can't buy a ticket at the ground on the day.

Order one on-line via our website and collect at the ground and I am sure a steward will let you transfer.

Happy Xmas

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
You can watch the game from outside the ground, and probably get a better view then from the away end.

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
Thanks for the help...incidentally why is it all ticket? Council?

He has suggested he may just come down and sit in a pub, im sure the pub would be happy of his twenty quid even if he cant spend it on the match.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can away fans book on line at Colchester United FC and pick up the ticket at Withdean as per home supporters.
I think the tickets that are unsold by a set date are sent back. Could be easier to get a ticket via the BHAFC website and pick up at the Withdean then transferred into the away section.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for the help...incidentally why is it all ticket? Council?

He has suggested he may just come down and sit in a pub, im sure the pub would be happy of his twenty quid even if he cant spend it on the match.....
No pay on the gate allowed due to restrictions imposed by the city council as the ground is in a residential area. The ticket price for away supporters is less than home fans as it is a restricted view (unless you have perfect eyesight to see the far end goalposts which will be 160 yards away)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's WITHDEAN. No "The" :censored:
I put in "the" to differentiate between the stadium and the locality as someone who is from Essex might knock on Mr Catt's front door asking where his ticket is.:p

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I brought tickets in the home end before and got transfered.Southend springs to mind.I've also sat in the home end at Orient and there stewards were superb and fans.
I also remember leaving my ticket at home and the stewards down at Brighton were nice enough to give me a freebie even know i offered money for it.Not all stewards are tossers.

Last edited:

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
Whatever the obvious problems with the Withdean, the stewards more than make up for it - my brother did manage to get into the ground in the end. Have never known stewards that actually went out of their way to ensure that people had a good time and drew a positive experience from their visit - they would not last long at the Colchester United stewarding academy with their attitude. I hope it doesnt change when you move to Falmer!

I would be very worried if that performance was typical - we were dreadful, as bad as I have seen us this season and although a draw would probably have been a fair result overall, the fact that you didnt steamroller us is a bad sign. Mind you, whatever his faults Lambert has made us a team that can win even when playing badly.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I would be very worried if that performance was typical - we were dreadful, as bad as I have seen us this season and although a draw would probably have been a fair result overall, the fact that you didnt steamroller us is a bad sign. Mind you, whatever his faults Lambert has made us a team that can win even when playing badly.

That puts to bed all this bollocks about us playing well and being unlucky. Always interesting to get a viewpoint from the opposition.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"whispers"

I have seen away fans buying tickets at the booth before the game ( not collecting, buying!)

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
That puts to bed all this bollocks about us playing well and being unlucky. Always interesting to get a viewpoint from the opposition.

You didnt play well. If Adams says that then get rid! As my dad said, it was two very poor teams yesterday....Last season we had Geraint Williams constantly claiming that we had played well after getting beaten by better teams, denial springs to mind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"whispers"

I have seen away fans buying tickets at the booth before the game ( not collecting, buying!)

shoosh ! Thats against the regulations. I wonder if some clubs send the tickets back once the deadline has passed and then get fans wanting tickets which are reserved at the booth where they are paid for ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have never known stewards that actually went out of their way to ensure that people had a good time and drew a positive experience from their visit
Probably needed an easy time nursing their hangovers :laugh: Most stewards are alright apart from the odd few who yearn to wear a swastika armband over their fluorescent jacket. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here