Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from today

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Just back, and thought i'd give you a few positives to counter some of the negative stuff posted here.

1. Ankergren looked solid and commanding at the back. Totally not at fault for the goal, and didn't put a foot wrong throughout.

2. Kishishev - first time i've seen him play, and he looks quality. You can tell he's played at a higher level.

3. Baz - flair. Really good, and skillful.

4. Away support - there seemed to be loads there today. We were allowed to stand all through the game, which was nice.

That's it.

Few negatives too - ref was terrible, although there's no way Mellor should have been sent off. I was right behind the goal, and Mellor pushed el-Abd in the chest, and he went down like a sack of spuds holding his face. He should be embarrased.
Worst one for me was Battipiedi - just doesn't look like a footballer. Was clearly brought on to change things, but just made it worse. Gus should have brought Caskey on instead.

Overall - not too bad - Wednesday are one of the best teams in this division, and we weren't outplayed at all.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Agree about ankergren, kishishev and el-abd. Disagree about Batti, he looked good I thought. J smith also getting better and better. Gave the ball away too much and I think we missed sparrow and greer. Sheff were direct and effective, we were a bit slow out of the blocks defensively.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Jamie Smith did sound like he had a cracking game. I doubted he could play well in the big games, but he sounds like he has proved me wrong. Good on him

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Just back, and thought i'd give you a few positives to counter some of the negative stuff posted here.

1. Ankergren looked solid and commanding at the back. Totally not at fault for the goal, and didn't put a foot wrong throughout.

2. Kishishev - first time i've seen him play, and he looks quality. You can tell he's played at a higher level.

4. Away support - there seemed to be loads there today. We were allowed to stand all through the game, which was nice.

That's it.

Few negatives too - ref was terrible, although there's no way Mellor should have been sent off. I was right behind the goal, and Mellor pushed el-Abd in the chest, and he went down like a sack of spuds holding his face. He should be embarrased.
Worst one for me was Battipiedi - just doesn't look like a footballer. Was clearly brought on to change things, but just made it worse. Gus should have brought Caskey on instead.

Overall - not too bad - Wednesday are one of the best teams in this division, and we weren't outplayed at all.

i thought the same about el abd , but on another day ,another ref would have pulled out the red card

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
soon we'll have brez back in, greer realising he doesn't have to fulfill the stereotype of the angry scot, sparrow and bennett screaming 'em in from midfield and murray and barnes firing on all cylinders. fret not. we are going up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wankergren still made me feel nervous when anything went near the goal but it was an improvement from last week. Dont forget Jamie Smith hit the crossbar in the 2nd half.

Danks

Aug 19, 2010
There one of the Favourites and we were 2 influentiall players down. Were doing O.k but got to beat Wallsall.

Beastie

Aug 23, 2010

That's it.

Hey up...Dirty Northern Inbred here :angel:

I think there's loads of positives to take from this game for you and I agree, you definitely weren't outplayed..

I know when it's our own team as footy fans we get a bit hyper critical, it's the same up here with Wednesday, some folk are never happy but I enjoyed the game and I enjoyed what was, IMHO, a proper football tussle between two pretty evenly matched teams.

I think you were a little more physical than we were and yes I know that may seem strange considering there were two 'red card' incidents. Maybe 'strong' would be a better word than physical.

Where I sit (Front row kop) I get a good view of tackles and a close up view of the play and your defenders were very good when needed. I like to see that TBH, they're what I'd say were League 1 savvy and it's something our own defenders need to learn quickly.

Having said that you broke with pace and purpose and the lad Bennett looked pretty good to me and a few times turned our defence. He was unlucky not to score and a little more composure could easily have done so.

Your support was excellent, I was very impressed. I didn't expect anywhere near that many and it was great to see.

Nice one with the view of Mellor too, though he really should know better. If you put hands on anyone, anywhere, there's a good chance you'll be seeing red and he can consider himself a little fortunate, even though it was only chest and your lad held his face. We've had players sent off for the exact same thing before.

I loved this game if I'm honest, yeah I know that's easy to say as we won but I did anyway. It was everything I expected and for from a game in this division...passion, skill, flair, physical....and I expect Brighton to be right up there at the end...whether we are or not I've no idea, we haven't had a setback yet but I just know there's one waiting for us real soon.

FWIW: Didn't have any problems with your fans on the way down to the ground or on the way back to the car either. Everything was good natured

Good luck for the season and looking forward to coming down to your place.

BTW - Just on the off chance, does Rob Bain use this board ort does anyone know him?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Beastie, that's a good bit of feedback, thanks. It's amazing how many fans from other boards are starting to come on here. :)

The only thing that ruined my day really, apart from the referee, was the bloke who came up to me afterwards and said "yoo focking soovern gay I’m gonna fookin’ smash you fookin’ face in, fookin’ poof". Can't say I've ever had that anywhere else.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Wankergren still made me feel nervous when anything went near the goal but it was an improvement from last week. Dont forget Jamie Smith hit the crossbar in the 2nd half.

Why have a name that insinuates that you are a Brighton fan when you are clearly anything but?

We have a keeper here that really wants to play for us and all you can do is slag him off by making childish changes to his name!!!!!

Beastie

Aug 23, 2010
Beastie, that's a good bit of feedback, thanks. It's amazing how many fans from other boards are starting to come on here. :)

The only thing that ruined my day really, apart from the referee, was the bloke who came up to me afterwards and said "yoo focking soovern gay I’m gonna fookin’ smash you fookin’ face in, fookin’ poof". Can't say I've ever had that anywhere else.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yeah well it makes my blood boil when someone calls us cheatin Northern Inbreds...makes me want to put me hands on a face, any face...it's uncontrollable rage...if ya don't want 'facin' as we call it, just leave us alone in our bitterness

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Beastie good write up.

I went to the game, thought Wednesday were better side first half. 2nd half a lot more even. Wednesday probably had more chances, but Brighton probably had the better ones.

A good advert for football. Both teams were committed and both wanted to play it on the deck. Wednesday will certainly be up there or thereabouts and the fact that we were not outplayed bodes well.

We are perhaps one dimensional i.e no left outlet and certainly powder puff strikeforce.......hopefully that will change before Saturday.

Without those additional players we will be around 7-10th. With them, then play offs is a real possibility. I'm confident that Gus will get in the players he needs once the Prem league log jab is undone.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

1. Ankergren looked a bit better but far from solid and did not seem to communicate well with either centre half. Fingers crossed it gets better the more they play together.

2.Kishishev is a player I like. But he DID give the ball away in dangerous positions on at least three occasions.

3. Really good? Really?

4. 1,000 against the biggest club in the division is hardly anything to shout about. Not as vocal as usual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here