Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poshital

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I go to the hospital today. My second gout-patient visit in some 11 and piece months. The whole thing scares me and wakes the butterflies in my stomach who happily watched TV for recent weeks and don't like being remove from their screened stupor. I strongly doubt i will be inspected greatly, but it should be relieving in at least a hatful of ways.

What should i remember to ask the surgical neurologist i shall briefly exchange a fat handshake with?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Meade's_Ball said:
I go to the hospital today. My second gout-patient visit in some 11 and piece months. The whole thing scares me and wakes the butterflies in my stomach who happily watched TV for recent weeks and don't like being remove from their screened stupor. I strongly doubt i will be inspected greatly, but it should be relieving in at least a hatful of ways.

What should i remember to ask the surgical neurologist i shall briefly exchange a fat handshake with?

His opinion on the Wilkins appointment?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Meade's_Ball said:

Has this post been translated from the Japanese?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Meade's_Ball said:

Is it bad for butterflies to watch too much TV?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Poshital

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Has this post been translated from the Japanese?

:)

I have a different voice every day, unfortunately. I much prefered having one recognisably drab monotone, but now it's more a daily 'evolution' all lacking control and chosen condiment.
I would rather be of Jewpanese origins and watch miserly teen singers dressed in out-of-tune tight undies with a band of middle-aged male hooters squelching sound around her back in support.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Re: Re: Poshital

Meade's_Ball said:

I have a different voice every day, unfortunately. I much prefered having one recognisably drab monotone, but now it's more a daily 'evolution' all lacking control and chosen condiment.
I would rather be of Jewpanese origins and watch miserly teen singers dressed in out-of-tune tight undies with a band of middle-aged male hooters squelching sound around her back in support.

You really do talk some utter shite.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Poshital

Alex Frutos said:
You really do talk some utter shite.

Thank you, doctor.

Well, that was the fastest hospital visit i can remember having. I saw the head head neurologist who kept on an eye on me when mine wobbled closed in the coma. Not met him before. He is obviously a man to deal with damage ad emergencies, so for me to ask questions on my lack on concentration and all too regular exhaustion was most likely a pointlessly minute interrogation. He told me it would be unlikely i have the energy to survive another knock as i've used my reservation already. Fair enough. And that i was lucky not to have a large-enough portion of my brain removed by him and friends. He stood up after a 90 seconds or so, wished me well and never to be seen again and shook my hand as he departed.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poshital

Meade's_Ball said:
Thank you, doctor.

Well, that was the fastest hospital visit i can remember having. I saw the head head neurologist who kept on an eye on me when mine wobbled closed in the coma. Not met him before. He is obviously a man to deal with damage ad emergencies, so for me to ask questions on my lack on concentration and all too regular exhaustion was most likely a pointlessly minute interrogation. He told me it would be unlikely i have the energy to survive another knock as i've used my reservation already. Fair enough. And that i was lucky not to have a large-enough portion of my brain removed by him and friends. He stood up after a 90 seconds or so, wished me well and never to be seen again and shook my hand as he departed.

and then charged the NHS £500 for the pleasure of deciding that you're on the mend :lol:

Do you remember anything about being in a coma? Some people say they do...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poshital

tedebear said:
and then charged the NHS £500 for the pleasure of deciding that you're on the mend :lol:

Do you remember anything about being in a coma? Some people say they do...

I had the feeling he couldn't really remember me, which is fine as everyone is just some digits and an address and a next of kin to these advanced doctors who have to dance so quickly between those all unconscious at death's door.

It's difficult to remember what might have been the coma and what might have been a dream in the first month of being alive afterwards. I remember a dream about doctors telling me to lie without a single noise being spoken for as long as they decided. I was to sit in one room just watching with just the occasional glimmer of next-room light. If i said something, they would chop my legs off. Two hours of this dream went on with me just looking calm and tortured. Then i coughed as there felt like an insect in my throat, nurses with belts and knives came charging and the story ended.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poshital

Meade's_Ball said:
what might have been the coma and what might have been a dream in the first month of being alive afterwards. I remember a dream about doctors telling me to lie without a single noise being spoken for as long as they decided. I was to sit in one room just watching with just the occasional glimmer of next-room light. If i said something, they would chop my legs off. Two hours of this dream went on with me just looking calm and tortured. Then i coughed as there felt like an insect in my throat, nurses with belts and knives came charging and the story ended.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Shit..forgot to post... Just to say MB..It wasn't a dream, I am a trained doctor and it is normal procedure in ITU to threaten to amputate patients legs if they make a noise, put insects in their throats and charge at them Banzai stylee with Knives.

Its called Holistic medicine.

Stay in the pink with ciggies and drink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here