Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

POSH views on Amex

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I agree with their view on the North Stand. I sat in the away end for the Eastbourne Borough game, and thought similar.
It just looks very narrow and small compared to the size of stand

The back wall seems an ideal place for fans to decorate it banners, flags etc. Might liven it up and give it more of a personalised look

I did informally ask a steward about putting banners up there as I was thinking the same thing. First response was "how would you tie them up?". When I suggested tape, the response was "I don't know, but you'd have to make sure you don't block those windows (the windows that as far as I am aware don't have anything behind them) -I would imagine the answer is no".

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I actually do take an interest in what the away fans think. The stadium was so long in the making and the publicity has naturally made people sit up and take note. We ourselves have gone out and said about the away fans beers, the colours in the concourse etc. The criticism of the unfinished look of the north stand, the east stand and the south wall I accept. That is because it is exactly that, unfinished. Having a dig about the stadiums location? Get over it for fucks sake! Away fans have NUMEROUS bars and pubs to pick from in Brighton town centre. They can then get a 5 minute train journey that drops them slap bang outside the stadium! What more do they want? Nobody drives to football games any more anyway...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I actually do take an interest in what the away fans think. The stadium was so long in the making and the publicity has naturally made people sit up and take note. We ourselves have gone out and said about the away fans beers, the colours in the concourse etc. The criticism of the unfinished look of the north stand, the east stand and the south wall I accept. That is because it is exactly that, unfinished. Having a dig about the stadiums location? Get over it for fucks sake! Away fans have NUMEROUS bars and pubs to pick from in Brighton town centre. They can then get a 5 minute train journey that drops them slap bang outside the stadium! What more do they want? Nobody drives to football games any more anyway...

Seems to me like away fans doing absolutely no research at all apart from putting the stadium's address in their sat navs. In addition to those clueless comments, we managed to intercept some Peterborough fans on Saturday who were getting off the bus in Moulsecombe to "look for a pub".

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
. We had a pint at the pub near the train station which was ok but no atmosphere and then proceeded to the train which was about a 15 minute wait on the platform.

I can't believe the club has done nothing to sort out the lack of atmosphere in pubs in Lewes ahead of the match

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seems to me like away fans doing absolutely no research at all apart from putting the stadium's address in their sat navs. In addition to those clueless comments, we managed to intercept some Peterborough fans on Saturday who were getting off the bus in Moulsecombe to "look for a pub".

This

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Them lot are clearly not used to long queues after home games, clearly you wouldn't if you were averaging 7-8k.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I did informally ask a steward about putting banners up there as I was thinking the same thing. First response was "how would you tie them up?". When I suggested tape, the response was "I don't know, but you'd have to make sure you don't block those windows (the windows that as far as I am aware don't have anything behind them) -I would imagine the answer is no".

I have seen the Ultras banner been stuck up with tape before, but that seems to always fall down after 20 minutes.

We hung our banner off the front of the WSU on Saturday with gaffer tape.

Maybe we could ask the club to stick hooks in the wall along the back of the North Stand, as it does seem a shame it's just big grey spaces

Some Burgess Hill and Lewes flags have also been hung up in the South East and West corners infront of the disabled areas. They look good there, but theres loads of room for more

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
The guy who said Stadium:MK is better is clearly an idiot.
How can he say that concrete soulless bowl that is freezing cold & windy 365 days a year is nicer than our stadium?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Maybe we could ask the club to stick hooks in the wall along the back of the North Stand, as it does seem a shame it's just big grey spaces

They are. Anthony from nsk has met with Richard Hebberd to plan getting some proper hooks fitted. Its a real shame that they've spent all that money, time & effort on those glorious banners for them to be dangled off the side where no one can see them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The guy who said Stadium:MK is better is clearly an idiot.
How can he say that concrete soulless bowl that is freezing cold & windy 365 days a year is nicer than our stadium?

It does have mahoosive concourses though.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The negativity over the North Stand is pretty justified as it is a little odd, but like one of the Posh fans said, these quirks make stadiums what they are and give them their unique feel. I'd much rather our stadium than lifeless St. Mary's, Stadium:MK, Madjeski, Keepmoat etc. Did have to laugh at one of the Posh fans who said our fans looked like a load of plastics, despite the huge noise levels. Did he have binoculars and telepathy available to him at the game or something considering how far our supporters are from them?

It seems to me that away fans of teams of lesser standing, i.e. Donny and Posh, criticise the Amex more than the Blackpool and Sunderland fans (who are used to much larger stadia) who mostly had positive things to say about the stadium. Jealousy much?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I find it quite interesting to hear what rival fans think of the Amex but I don't get too wound up with the negative comments. I LOVE our new home and it's only going to get better.

At the same time, Posh should cherrish London Road as one of the few traditional stadiums left.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Peterborough lost, after they had won 7-1 the previous week.

If they had won, they would have been hugely magmanimous, said what a futuristic stadium, fantastic fans, etc, etc, etc.

But they didnt, so everything gets a slagging.

It's 100% sour grapes.

Peterborough is a boring little nothing town stuck up in the fens of east Anglia, and their ground is pretty bloody basic as well.

Ignore this shite and move on...

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Complaining its out of town is, as pointed out by others, is just daft. Where else can you build a building of that size these days?! Get over it.

The pipes etc in the ceiling of the concourses are not covered with awful looking suspended ceilings to give the stadium a working/industrial appearance. Nothing wrong with that. All their nitpicking serves to do is give off an air of jealousy.

The Amex is superb and next to Withdean looks like it came from a different planet, anyone who cant see this is frankly daft in my book.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
They are. Anthony from nsk has met with Richard Hebberd to plan getting some proper hooks fitted. Its a real shame that they've spent all that money, time & effort on those glorious banners for them to be dangled off the side where no one can see them.

I'll have to get in touch with Anthony (he organised the making of our banner too) and maybe Hebbard too, to see if they can do the same at the front of WSU

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Complaining its out of town is, as pointed out by others, is just daft. Where else can you build a building of that size these days?! Get over it.

The pipes etc in the ceiling of the concourses are not covered with awful looking suspended ceilings to give the stadium a working/industrial appearance. Nothing wrong with that. All their nitpicking serves to do is give off an air of jealousy.

The Amex is superb and next to Withdean looks like it came from a different planet, anyone who cant see this is frankly daft in my book.

They neglect to recognise, though why should they, that those gaps and unfinished bits are just that,... look at the north corners,... angled construction to take the rounding off structure when permission is given, the south corners just awaiting steps to be added for seats, the open areas in the South awaiting new executive boxes etc, the open areas above the away concourse will at that point be completed.... until then why bother?

Then there is the East,... its all there for everyone to see, the 2nd tier will be in place sooner rather than later...... sorted.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was with Chris from Standing on the Glebe (posh podcast) and four of his mates. They parked near my house (probably about the closest to the city centre you can get for free parking - save Hanover), as to try to explain to someone not familiar with the area where to park would have been a palaver.

They were all impressed by the stadium, the design, the pies (big plus), the Harvey's (bigger plus still) and the general way in which they feel the average fan is being looked after throughout. They were disappointed not to get into the Club Shop before the game (mahoosive queue). After the game, they were cheesed off enough to queue for the train straight away, but persuaded them to come back for a beer.

They found the view opposite to the North Stand a bit weird too ('unfinished'), but then they went for a beer in the East, and took pictures, they saw the design made a lot more sense.

They feel Posh are missing a trick in not incorporating some of the ideas into their new stands at London Road.
Overall - they really liked it, and result notwithstanding, had a good day out.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The concouse was no where near as big as MK Dons and there was no view of the pitch either

Having re-read it, that's the bit that got me. There are so many reasons why it suggests the person has no idea about football. Firstly, why would you want to/need to be able to see the pitch? If you really wanted to, go take your seat. Secondly, the same person also mentioned wanting a beer. Are they familiar with a very well-known law about drinking in grounds? Thirdly, apart from the ex-non league grounds that don't really have a concourse at all and have food stands in the corners, how many grounds CAN you see the pitch from the concourse at? What a strange complaint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here