Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posh Fans Podcast - featuring our preview of Saturdays game

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Morning All,

Inspired in part by your excellent fans podcast ,we at Posh fans towers started our own this season. This week, alongside a good moan about Johnsons Barry-Fry style tactics @ Brentford last week we look ahead to this Saturdays big game.

The podcast is called Standing On The Glebe, and can be found on itunes, this weeks episode is No.11, or via our website:

Standing On The Glebe - The Unofficial Posh Podcast

All feedback very welcome. All the best for the season.

Cheers

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Morning All,

Inspired in part by your excellent fans podcast ,we at Posh fans towers started our own this season. This week, alongside a good moan about Johnsons Barry-Fry style tactics @ Brentford last week we look ahead to this Saturdays big game.

The podcast is called Standing On The Glebe, and can be found on itunes, this weeks episode is No.11, or via our website:

Standing On The Glebe - The Unofficial Posh Podcast

All feedback very welcome. All the best for the season.

Cheers

I may well have a listen later. Is the Cherry Tree pub still open and away friendly?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I particularly enjoyed the bit where you predict a defeat on Saturday :thumbsup:

0-3 won't happen but I'm hoping we might just nick it 1-2. Weakness at left back duly noted

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Cheers for the feedback - always good to listen to a podcast where a win is predicted for your team! :)

The Cherry Tree is still an excellent pub and away fans only on match days. They also have parking there for £3, which is about the best around and the best for the quickest way back onto the A1.

I imagine the police will try and get anyone that arrives by train to go to the Drapers Arms in the city centre which is a decent sized W'Spoons

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Cheers for the feedback - always good to listen to a podcast where a win is predicted for your team! :)

The Cherry Tree is still an excellent pub and away fans only on match days. They also have parking there for £3, which is about the best around and the best for the quickest way back onto the A1.

I imagine the police will try and get anyone that arrives by train to go to the Drapers Arms in the city centre which is a decent sized W'Spoons

Cheers for that, anywhere will do really, just always been to the Cherry Tree before. All I need now is my match ticket!!!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good podcast. Odd that these guys are so negative when their team are third in the League. I know they're shipping goals but odd that there are no positives.

Hopefully they're in a false position on the back of a hot run from their front men. Time for the goals to dry up completely and the shaky defence to keep shipping.

But back to the discussion yesterday about the January transfer window, these Posh fans think thei rmanager will have "loads of money to spunk on players".

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Good podcast. Odd that these guys are so negative when their team are third in the League. I know they're shipping goals but odd that there are no positives.

Hopefully they're in a false position on the back of a hot run from their front men. Time for the goals to dry up completely and the shaky defence to keep shipping.

But back to the discussion yesterday about the January transfer window, these Posh fans think thei rmanager will have "loads of money to spunk on players".

Brentford away last week was the worst performance I have seen by a PUFC side since last seasons debacle, and I moaned about it a fair bit. Plus Pboro people are naturally negative :laugh:

Our Owner has put the budget for player wages up 25% this season, which he could have done with doing last yr in the Championship! - and moved heaven and earth to get Johnson in. Now that Johnson is moaning about some of the players lacking heart and desire, we are expecting a good few changes in Jan.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think all fans moan about their team standingontheglebe - and the ones that don't moan about the moaners!

Funny for you to be scoring so many but conceding so many too. Obviously we hope that your strikers hot run has dried up but that your defence keep being so generous. Charlton were taken apart a couple of weeks ago.

But I guess the next few weeks will tell us if Peterborough will be a free scoring side who tighten up their defence or if they'll be a leaky side who scored a pot full early in the season.

Problem for Brighton's opposition seems to be that we score from all over the pitch. Attacking backs, attacking wingers, and a decent striker in Murray who is just coming back into form. If your defence isn't on form then you could get some damage. And by the way - marking LuaLua out of the game (which you won't) doesn't reduce the threat. At the moment Brighton look like a right handful (although bound to be a 0-0 draw now I've said all that).

Enjoyed the podcast. Keep it up.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Sounds like they are worried. I guess in their shoes, I would be as well. Ship goals like you wouldn't believe, coming up against the meanest defence in the league. Hope we keep them 6 points away. Anything else is a bonus

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Listened to it this morning. A very nice podcast I thought. I can't help feeling that you have played up your deficiencies to lull us into a false sense of security.

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow let's hope it lives up to the hype.

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Listened to it this morning. A very nice podcast I thought. I can't help feeling that you have played up your deficiencies to lull us into a false sense of security.

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Cheers.

We were truly awful last week.... On our day we can be brilliant and another day we can be awful. Mostly we can do both in the same game though. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here