Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portugal Player Ratings

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I was not able to go to Portugal due to work commitments. Would it be possible for those who went to rate the players? Be great to hear everyones' thoughts on who played well and who looked rusty! I hear Lua Lua shone and Toby looked sharp.

Ta

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Im not going to go through all of them but a few things stood out for me.

Hoskins came on in the 2nd half v PSG and immediately CMS got far more involved, i think that will be a Very good partnership.
Lua Lua and Noone looked very impressive. Not sure of Buckley yet, but once he has settled in a bit more could be good.
Vincelot looked like he could be good competition for Calde, but needs to get used to the idea that his keeper is also a sweeper, hence the O.G.
Bridcutt was immense, by far the best player on the tour for me.
Agdestein and Bergkamp are not quite there yet, although i dont think they are far off.
Tanno has STILL got it.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Im not going to go through all of them but a few things stood out for me.

Hoskins came on in the 2nd half v PSG and immediately CMS got far more involved, i think that will be a Very good partnership.
Lua Lua and Noone looked very impressive. Not sure of Buckley yet, but once he has settled in a bit more could be good.
Vincelot looked like he could be good competition for Calde, but needs to get used to the idea that his keeper is also a sweeper, hence the O.G.
Bridcutt was immense, by far the best player on the tour for me.
Agdestein and Bergkamp are not quite there yet, although i dont think they are far off.
Tanno has STILL got it.

the guy is absolutely immense and destined for great things, in my view. he will boss the Amex next season. superb player

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Glad to hear Hoskins and CMS have been linking up well- a successful partnership between them is so vital for this season

Bridcutt- surely destined to be at a top six club in the next 2 or 3 years? Hopefully us :lolol:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Dunk was awesome in the PDG game

Like lancelot or whatever his name is

Bridcutt different class

Like Hoskins, Buckley not sure yet, looks a bit short of confidence

Greer and Painter looking good

LuaLua so fast and tricky, looks like he will get kicked a lot this year

Should have won all 3 games on chances and possesion

Saw all the players going out in Old Town Alberfera at midnight on Sunday, and all looked so well behaved, we can be proud of them

Think we will be ok this year

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think Hoskins could turn out to be a gem of a signing.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Best players from the two games I saw were Noone, Dunk, Hoskins, LuaLua

My question marks were over Ankergren, Bergkamp, Buckley

Vincelot has one hell of a leap on him, gets up so high for headers.

Sparrow and Dicker looked to have strengthened themselves up too.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good news especially at the end there. Think Sparrow needs to step up this season as has the experience at this level but never settled into a run last year. Could be the attacking midfielder we need if gets it all together.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Good news especially at the end there. Think Sparrow needs to step up this season as has the experience at this level but never settled into a run last year. Could be the attacking midfielder we need if gets it all together.

Absolutely - he struggled with injuries and form last year but when he was good he was genuinely superb, one of the only midfielders in the squad who gets ahead of the ball. The run from deep beyond the strikers is incredibly difficult for defenders to pick up and when timed right can be so deadly with a threaded through ball or early cross. See Swindon Game 1 for that. Think he will play a bigger role this year and suspect we'll go into the season with him & Bridcutt as first choice CM partnership, depending on further signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here