Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth to Brighton

Mar 9, 2012
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone one here currently comes from portsmouth to falmer for games, off to uni there next year and not sure how easy it would be to get there

obviously i would love too but i cant imagine the train being cheap either so any insight would be great

cheers :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Get a Young Persons railcard, that will help you out. Portsmouth-Shoreham is all you will need to buy, as you will have a travel voucher. You should be able to do it, if you time it right, with only 2 changes max.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
I'm at Portsmouth uni this year, but recently got a car so im quite lucky in that respect. Before that i used to get the train, and as [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] says, you're best getting a railcard, knocks a third off the price, which comes to about 15 quid return from Portsmouth direct to Brighton. 3pm games you'll be fine, but you'll struggle with mid-week games getting back, I'd imagine.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
00snook who posts on here comes from Portsmouth for every game on his motorbike... Definitely works for him, though you may not be a biker?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Talking of Portsmouth to Brighton, i got speaking to a bloke at W/Worthing station while waiting for the train to the Amex the other week and he was saying how he has switched from Pompey to the Albion this season.He just enjoys watching a game of football and it appears he has seen the light.I didn't know whether to welcome him aboard the Gus bus or call him a JCL Pompey C**T.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I know the screamer does & he gets the coach. Finds it far easier than the train for night games.
Might be worth dropping him a PM mate :)

Ozzy

Prince Albert
Mar 17, 2008
Hangleton
I go to the uni and get trains from Portsmouth. Weekend games are pretty easy, just under £10 return with a 16-25 railcard from Fratton (where I live) to Falmer. The price might be slightly more from Portsmouth & Southsea or Portsmouth Harbour depending on where you live. My experience of midweek games is that it is near impossible to get back, the last train from Brighton is 22.14 and you have to make two changes.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I'm at Portsmouth uni, I get the Seagulls Travel coach From Havant Station... It works out about £1 per game more expensive than a railcard train journey to Falmer however there is almost no chance of making evening games and getting the last train back into Pompey. also I get home before my friend who uses the train to Southwick, so it is pretty quick

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone one here currently comes from portsmouth to falmer for games, off to uni there next year and not sure how easy it would be to get there

obviously i would love too but i cant imagine the train being cheap either so any insight would be great

cheers :)

Why Pompey Uni, did you fail your exams:D What are you studying Tax evasion by any chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here