Portsmouth sign TEN new players

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19284581

:eek:

• Kieran Djilali - 21-year-old winger, most recently at AFC Wimbledon
• Mustapha Dumbuya - 25-year-old right-back, left Doncaster in summer
• Jon Harley - 32-year-old former Chelsea left-back, left Notts County in summer
• Brian Howard - 29-year-old midfielder most recently at Reading. Will be Pompey captain
• Izale McLeod - 27-year-old striker who left Barnet this summer
• Lee Williamson - 30-year-old midfielder, formerly of Sheffield United
• Simon Eastwood - 23-year-old goalkeeper who played in the Plymouth defeat
• Jack Compton - 23-year-old midfielder who left Falkirk in the summer
• Luke Rodgers - 30-year-old former Lillestrom striker
• L iam Walker - 24-year-old midfielder who played for Spanish side San Roque last season

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Read today that they're also about to sign ex Palace midfielder Tom Soares. His career must have really gone down hill, he was supposed to be very promising and he can't be very old now.

There are some decent players for league 1 in that list considering their predicament.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Brian Howard is a fantastic footballer. Him going there is a massive shame. Also, Portsmouth waiting to play the Plymouth game for sympathy and then bring in a team of players is a pretty poor tactic in my opinion.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I hope they are plagued with injuries due to a terribly kept fratton pitch (can't afford to pay groundskeepers) and they still have to play their youth side while still wasting wages, and get relegated. Repeat x2 and job done.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Err, how are they paying all these people exactly?

monopoly-money-iou.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hope the club survives, we can remember when we were almost out of the league,would not wish that on any club

Loads of clubs almost fall out of the football league. Loads of clubs do fall out of the football league. Some come back stronger, some don't make it back. Remember that we almost fell out of the footbakll league, because we did not run up a debt of over £100m. Falling in to League One should be the least of their worries.

Ignoring the fans, the club (as an entity), do not deserve to be in the football league. Their crass spending has deprived another club the chance to replace them. I hope they do disappear. I reckon the proper fans will have some fun in their newly formed team.

Maybe a landmark bankruptcy will help to bring some sort of reality to the rotten and godforsaken game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here