Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth and Fratton Park

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Christ that was a throw back to the 80s. What a shithole that grou d really is. The club is on a huge downward spiral which can only be halted with a new ground. Desperate facilities.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I'd pick Withdean over Fratton Park anyday! I've lived in portsmouth for about a year now, and was so excited for us to play them but my god... I never want to go back, Portsmouth is a shithole but Fratton park is something else!!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Steve Cotterll has said he doesn't envy Albion and their new stadium. He loves the atmosphere at Fratton Park and Pompeys fans!!!
Suppose he has to keep the fans happy in some way.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Steve Cotterll has said he doesn't envy Albion and their new stadium. He loves the atmosphere at Fratton Park and Pompeys fans!!!
Suppose he has to keep the fans happy in some way.

He will change his mind in the reverse fixture-The Amex is built for Atmosphere.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well I quite like it. Old fashioned grounds still do it for me.

Not sure why they bothered watering the pitch before kick off though ? - I thought that was meant to encourage slick passing, not kicking the opposition up in the air.

D

Deleted member 18477

Portsmouth is a shithole! Fratton park is a proper shithole! (feels so good to be able to say that and back it up with the Amex!) And their fans are absolute pikey scum! There were some right thugs shouting abuse at anyone in shirts after the game. Thought the firms left shirts alone? Pathetic behaviour all round from them. As for their managers post match interview Hahahahaha!!!!!

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Christ that was a throw back to the 80s. What a shithole that grou d really is. The club is on a huge downward spiral which can only be halted with a new ground. Desperate facilities.

First season in a hundred years we've had a better ground than them ( even if a more inaccessible location), I reckon after making them endure Withdean a couple of times a bit of humility could be in order.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Came out the ground and a husband shouts to his wife "Brighton playing f***ing dirty as usual" There 5 yellows to our 3.

D

Deleted member 18477

Came out the ground and a husband shouts to his wife "Brighton playing f***ing dirty as usual" There 5 yellows to our 3.

It's funny isn't it because Brighton are little gayboy poofs one minute and the next we're thugs? Make your mind up Pompey scum!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a bit basic, to say the least.

£30 to sit in that dump was a f***ing liberty (but worth every last penny to see us turn them over). My 6th visit to that hovel, and I've FINALLY seen us win there :clap2:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
First season in a hundred years we've had a better ground than them ( even if a more inaccessible location), I reckon after making them endure Withdean a couple of times a bit of humility could be in order.

Not sure the Goldstone was any worse than Fratton Park. When I went in the 1991-1992 season, the away end was an open terrace, as was the Fratton End as the roof had been demolished and the North Stand had another open terrace in front of a few seats. At least we had a roof over our home end for most of the time we were at the Goldstone.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Got to laugh really. Away end is far from ideal but spare a thought for the home fans whose view is from grass level.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Can't believe how arrogant some of us have become so soon after offering away fans the delights of Gillingham and Withdean - talk about short memories!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

excellent post agree 100%

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You have a point, but I've waited a long time to be able to lord it over Pompey and I intend to enjoy it!

Can't believe how arrogant some of us have become so soon after offering away fans the delights of Gillingham and Withdean - talk about short memories!

BHA-MASCOT-85

Jul 27, 2011
Brighton
Portsmouth Harbour was ok but Fratton what a dump.Fratton Park has always been a dump and their fans were so quiet 2day but not surprised Pompey are shite! That bald idiot at full time just as they missed their penalty offering the Brighton fans out what a prick.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Not sure the Goldstone was any worse than Fratton Park. When I went in the 1991-1992 season, the away end was an open terrace, as was the Fratton End as the roof had been demolished and the North Stand had another open terrace in front of a few seats. At least we had a roof over our home end for most of the time we were at the Goldstone.

I agree there wasn't a lot to choose between them, but for most of it's history Fratton was quite a bit bigger than the Goldstone. And the old Dell was worse than both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here