Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pop videos filmed in Sussex

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Having a chat at work yesterday about the location of the pub in the Paul mcartney video " wonderful Xmas time " no one could agree on exact location , know the pub was called the fountain and somewhere near partridge green is the closest we got can anyone confirm . Was also thinking what other videos have been filmed in Sussex , i remember Terry halls band the colour field filming the song " thinking of you" on Brighton pier , are there any others ? :guitar:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
[yt]3A6bksj5AGI[/yt]

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was in the east stand when slade turned up to film that video great seeing all the scarfs , I remember have a silk one in the 70s with mullerys marvels on it , wrapped around my wrist every game

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Our 2006 World cup song World at your Feet by Embrace was filmed on Madiera Drive and surrounding area

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Having a chat at work yesterday about the location of the pub in the Paul mcartney video " wonderful Xmas time " no one could agree on exact location , know the pub was called the fountain and somewhere near partridge green is the closest we got can anyone confirm . Was also thinking what other videos have been filmed in Sussex , i remember Terry halls band the colour field filming the song " thinking of you" on Brighton pier , are there any others ? :guitar:
I'm sure that was filmed at the Fountain at Ashurst which is just south of Partridge Green. A place I used to frequent a fair bit in the 1980s and was then a proper country pub. Went back there a few years ago and it seemed to have been extended into some sort of 'gastro' pub - not a change for the better IMHO.

On the videos filmed in Sussex theme, didn't Armand van Helden film his video for 'My My My' at Fat Boy Slim's house on Portslade beach?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Does this count?

[yt]x1b_JLSAw1Y[/yt]

:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think there's some ropey old Dollar video filmed in town too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here