Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old palace!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
This was in the Tonbridge courier today, why dont we advertise in this local rag, .....oh! Sorry I forgot we don't need to!.

image.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Promotion Proof - are they having a laugh ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No, we just have the marketing emails, adverts on the videos before and after games, not to mention at half time and dotted all around the concourses and shops. Oh, and all of the mentions within the programs...

Why don't we advertise in the Tonbridge Courier? It's hardly the target audience is it?

Personally I thought our £50 (Family stand) was good but under 10s free is a even better.

But carry on slating a club for trying to drum up some support...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace have been promotion-proof for so long now, I thought it would go without saying.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No, we just have the marketing emails, adverts on the videos before and after games, not to mention at half time and dotted all around the concourses and shops. Oh, and all of the mentions within the programs...

Why don't we advertise in the Tonbridge Courier? It's hardly the target audience is it?

Personally I thought our £50 (Family stand) was good but under 10s free is a even better.

But carry on slating a club for trying to drum up some support...

I have to admit, I agree on this front. There's nothing wrong with advertising season tickets. We get inundated with advertising via various types of media. The only thing I find odd is the whole Tonbridge thing... It'd be like us advertising in Canterbury.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Nothing wrong with advertising in Tonbridge or Kent for that matter. Palace and particularly Charlton pull in a lot of fans from over there (as well as East Sussex). Its about time BHA competed for that market.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As it happens, the Albion have changed the way they use the Argus for advertising match tickets and seen a fantastic improvement in sales directly attributable to this, and we've made wide use of the 'Have you got your XXXXXX ticket yet?' line too.

(Not sure we've advertised for season ticket sales in the same way however.)

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
When I first see the advert I thought, why don't Brighton advertise in this area but the club probably doesn't need to or feel the need to, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Tunbridge wells have a large Brighton fan base already.

It did make me laugh though, because the average palace fan thinks they are a big club.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Yep i saw it in the Sussex edition too sad bastards !!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
When I first see the advert I thought, why don't Brighton advertise in this area but the club probably doesn't need to or feel the need to, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Tunbridge wells have a large Brighton fan base already.

It did make me laugh though, because the average palace fan thinks they are a big club.

In these days of Premier League clubs out to get the biggest fanbase over their rivals (and not worrying which club's fans they poach), it makes sense to keep your own club in people's minds on a regular basis. We're lucky at the moment with the Amex factor still influencing sales-if we have a massive dip in form in the future we may well need to do the same thing. That'll probably shock our fans who think we're a big club too.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Ok if I am honest put it up for all the palace fans lurking on this forum, it's only banter.:hilton:

Jul 20, 2003
If I get 5 under 10s tickets for free can I go for nothing?

Anyway .... if that's what they feel is a good way to take the club forwards good on 'em.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
don't forget Orpington - quite a few of us here.

True, I was surprised to see a few get on the train at Orpington, I thought it was a Millwall strong hold!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I really don't see any issue with Palace or anyone else trying to get people to buy tickets... that's fair enough.

However, it looks like it's been designed by a 12 year old using Word. REALLY POOR EFFORT in this day and age..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nothing wrong with advertising in Tonbridge or Kent for that matter. Palace and particularly Charlton pull in a lot of fans from over there (as well as East Sussex). Its about time BHA competed for that market.

They will be watch this space from the horses mouth. Also we have to expand our fan base.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here