Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Customer Support - Advice

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I have a laptop that I brought from Sony 2 years back. It is now out of warranty. I have lost the serial no off the back of the machine. I have rung Sony Support up to ask them if they can have someone take it away to repair it and I'll pay the costs. However, they are saying as it doesn't have a serial no they won't touch it. They said they would send me a dummy serial no if I sent them my proof of purchase which I have done. However, they claim that the email has not arrived when I have sent it now 18 times. I have sent it to other peoples addresses also so they have proof that I have emailed them. I am sending to the correct email as I got them to send me a test email so I could save their address so I don't get the bullshit that I typed the address in wrong. This has now being going on for 2 weeks and the issue is no closer to being resolved.

What I would like to know is what can I do to complain as I am only dealing with people via the telephone?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Theres nobody to complain to, theres no way out. Sony laptops have the worst customer support in the world.

Worryingly, its not going to stop me buying one off them again. Only people who make decent BeOS compatible lightweight hardware :/

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Fcuk I thought so. I'm getting so frustrated shouting on the phone to an Irish bloke I can't understand. I want to smash the laptop over his fcukin head.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Their tech support is here? When I phoned them I got an asian bloke I couldn't understand, any chance you can get the Irish guy to phone me?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
they want you to send proof of purchase to get the dummy serial number.ask for an address on the phone and post it to that one.

if you are wasting your time on the phone or email you might as well waste it on snail mail.

wise man(not dennis) says if what you are doing isn't working.do something different.
he also says.
any road will get you there.if you dont know where you are going.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
robbied69 said:
I got a direct phone number for 2 Irish blokes who work together. It is 08702402408

hrm, line two on the phone on my desk here goes out from a UK#, I'm tempted, very tempted...

If only to join you in the "laptop smashed over head" party.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does he say anything about capital letters, punctuation and what the 'space bar' at the bottom of your keyboard is for?

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
They do and their response was it takes 24 hours to get through their system. At this point I told them to f*** off and put the phone down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
northstandnorth said:
the great buffoon CAN READ bozza

they wanted proof of purchase before sending out a dummy serial number so it can be collected

he is still at that stage.

:thud:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
northstandnorth said:
the great buffoon accepts bozzas applogy with good grace

I sense an (unrequested) change of username may be about to happen :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Write to Mr Ootigawa directly and complain. That'll soon get it sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here