Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Fans Utd ?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Why are you mentioning do gooders?

Have you read anything about the situation?

Have they asked for any help?

Are they still paying some of their players massive wages?

They have been in Europe, won the FA cup, been to another final - not one peep out of them about how they afforded it - or
where the money has gone?

It's not really like Wrexham or Plymouth is it

So I take it none of the do gooders on here are taking up Pompeys plight and organising a Fans Utd campaign then ?

Were the people who organised the first Fans United do-gooders then? Have the Pompey fans been engaging others in the media and with the football community with their struggle as the Brighton and Plymouth fans did with their respective plights?

Crap attempt at fishing.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Maybe. When they pay their debts, start existing within their means, and when their only signings are freebies or "People's Players" a la Rod Thomas. We had to do it...

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Why are you mentioning do gooders?

Have you read anything about the situation?

Have they asked for any help?

Are they still paying some of their players massive wages?

They have been in Europe, won the FA cup, been to another final - not one peep out of them about how they afforded it - or
where the money has gone?

It's not really like Wrexham or Plymouth is it
All very good points, and for what it's worth I don't really care too much for Portsmouth, but my dig at the "do-gooders" is the fact that we differentiate between Pompey, Plymouth and Wrexham, when ultimately its the fans that suffer if their club goes under.
After all the Pompey fans didn't get themselves into this mess did they ?
The Bottom line is, there needs to be much tighter control over who owns a football club and how much is spent !
I personally don't want to see any club cease to exist, be that Plymouth, Wrexham, Portsmouth or Rangers !
I do f***ing hate Portsmouth though.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Were the people who organised the first Fans United do-gooders then? Have the Pompey fans been engaging others in the media and with the football community with their struggle as the Brighton and Plymouth fans did with their respective plights?

Crap attempt at fishing.
Of course they weren't, but just because they are silent, is it's ok for the rest of football to watch their club die.
And for what it's worth, I wasn't actually fishing and probably could have worded my initial post a bit better, but I am genuinely interested to see how we can help one club but not another, is it because they are our rivals?
Like I said before, ultimately it's the fans that suffer, not the money men at the top.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Doing good is a positive thing, not a negative thing.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Irrespespective of whether they are rivals or not it is difficult to feel sorry for Portsmouth. As has already been said they have won the FA Cup, been in Europe, had several seasons in the Prem and then had the resulting parachute payments. But they have been managed and run appallingly. They have taken 'investment' from various dodgy backers and they have spent huge sums of money on numerous signings, some of whom were very poor value value for money. When they played us in the cup last season I believe they had about four players that each individually earnt more than our whole squad. One of the people responsible for this ongoing shambles is probably going to be England manager come the summer.

Portsmouth won't be allowed to go out of business, the so called 'big' teams are treated differently to the likes of Halifax and Chester who have to start from scratch again in the equivalent to Ryman South or the County League. Leeds should just about be in the Conference North on their way back up the leagues having gone completely out of business and set up as a completely new entity, but they were given special treatment and you can bet Portsmouth will get this as well.

As for the fans? It's a difficult one. They are known for being incredibly passionate and noisy and I guess they have enjoyed the ride. I don't know whether they questioned where the money was coming from or how badly it was being spent. My guess is that they will have to put up with a couple of seasons in League 1 or League 2. Not the end of the world to the real fans and it should weed out the plastics.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't think it's anything to do them being our rivals

To do with their attitude towards money and how the club has continued to take the piss.

From what I've seen they aren't doing too much themselves about it... So why should anyone else

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who's up for 'Go Blue' on Saturday 10th March during the match with Portsmouth at the Amex? Show your support by wearing blue on the day. It's the least we could do.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll wear my Albion scarf. That's got blue in it. It's the most I could do.

Great, so you're in. Anyone else?

Potentially, we could turn the Amex into a sea of blue and white with the Go Blue campaign...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here