Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey away , sit where you like or..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You just know that at five PAST three some **** will turn up staring at his ticket saying thats my seat. Like a complete FUCKTARD. If you want your seat get there early. Usually away games are a free for all, its the UNWRITTEN rule.

Im not saying I agree with it, but that tends to be the norm. Especially when you turn up AFTER kick off you should just go where there is a SPACE.

You just know that at five PAST three some **** will turn up staring at his ticket saying thats my seat. Like a complete FUCKTARD. If you want your seat get there early. Usually away games are a free for all, its the UNWRITTEN rule.

Maybe the so called 'retard' car broke down. Maybe one of his kids needed an unplanned toilet stop. Maybe he didn't expect such a pig headed attitude from a fellow Albion fan who was occupying HIS seat when they arrived at the game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe the so called 'retard' car broke down. Maybe one of his kids needed an unplanned toilet stop. Maybe he didn't expect such a pig headed attitude from a fellow Albion fan who was occupying HIS seat when they arrived at the game.

So when I get there and find my seat occupied what do I do? Find a space and so on and so on. Its NOT difficult.

Turning up at Watford at five past three expecting your seat is the action of a JCL who has never been to a game with a big away following. FACT.

This is football not the f***ing theatre.

So whn I get thre and find my seat occupied what do I do. Find a space and so on and so on. Its NOT difficult.

Turning up at Watford at five past three expecting your seat is the action of a JCL who has never been to a game with a big away following. FACT.

I'm sure the JCL slur isn't aimed at me, but if it was someones 1st away game, you would be doing really well at putting them off coming again, if after a long journey, they find some oath in their seat, saying 'unlucky, it's five past three!'

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If only the club did this. I KNOW there is plenty going on and away tickets are always going to be down the pecking order but I can't believe it would be too hard to organise the batch of away tickets into 3 piles (front, middle, back), and give people the choice when they buy tickets (where possible). Wouldn't solve every issue, but would help lessen the ludicrous situations that pop up EVERY time we have a sold out away game where some families and elderly people are in the back row, and people who want to stand and sing are in row C.

Completely agree mate.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
This is football not the f***ing theatre.[/QUOTE]

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.:D

Completely agree mate.

Agree 100% too. Even just make it front and back, and sell on a first come 1st served basis. If you want back and you're 1st up, you will be right at the back, and so on.

I normally don't miss more than 2 or 3 away games all season, and travel always with a 10 year old and sometimes a 6 year old. The club are usually accommodating when I ask for a seat at the front, but for Pompey, I had to order online as was holiday. I got row J which is OK I guess.

The easiest solution of all is a standing terrace! My kids are always guaranteed a great view as we get there early and take a spot right at the front! When will the powers to be realise that terracing actually works for everyone, even people like me who hate people in my seat or standing in front of me!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So when I get there and find my seat occupied what do I do? Find a space and so on and so on. Its NOT difficult.

This is football not the f***ing theatre.

Spot on. It's Pompey away, it's not the theatre. It is going to be a bit rowdy, it's going to be a bit edgy, heaven forbid some people might be drunk and even swear a bit.

I'm sure the JCL slur isn't aimed at me, but if it was someones 1st away game, you would be doing really well at putting them off coming again, if after a long journey, they find some oath in their seat, saying 'unlucky, it's five past three!'

Well if someone was put off ever going to an away game again because someone was sat in their seat, despite there being an electric atmosphere with 3000 Albion in full voice at a local rivals just down the road then I would say away games are not for them and it's probably best they don't come again anyway.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I could understand them making you sit in your allocated sit if you'd had the option to choose that seat in the first place (as at the Amex). But if you're given a crap seat in the bottom corner through not fault of your own, then why the hell should you sit there? It should be very much first come, first served.

As it happens, our seats tomorrow are towards the back but right in the corner, which will be okish, I think.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Told I couldn't sit in my sit at Walsall as I hadn't been to Southampton away. Very strange.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I could understand them making you sit in your allocated sit if you'd had the option to choose that seat in the first place (as at the Amex). But if you're given a crap seat in the bottom corner through not fault of your own, then why the hell should you sit there? It should be very much first come, first served.

Exactly this.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Its aimed at ANYONE who expects their "seat" to be available from 2.45 onwards. They have obviously never been before.

Oh and its OAF. :thumbsup:

Of course their was much hilarity at Yeovil this season when Mendoza stared at his ticket looking for his spot on the terrace. Tongue in cheek.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
To be honest I don't give a f**k where I sit normally on away games , for example tomorrow if I'm stuck next to someone who wants to sit with their mate then I'll swap seats with their mate.

It's not worth the WHINGING to do anything else really , it's supposed to be an enjoyable day out - let's keep it that way.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I can see both sides of the argument. I for one prefere to make it a free for all. But then you look at Walsall away last year which was a free for all and you end up with fans unable to find a seat. I turned up for said game to discover someone was sat in my seat. Not a problem i thought, i shall go else where. 2.50pm and in stroll 4 meat heads and low and behold im in one of there seats. Naturally i tried to explain my prediciment. However was told in no uncertain terms to get the f*** out of there. This was one row i wasnt going to win so off i went. Managed to locate another seat. Happy days i thought. 3.05pm comes round and so did the exact same scenario. Except this time the game had already kicked off and i couldnt find an un-occupied seat anywhere. Seriously fed up at this point I was left with no choice but to reclaim my seat which was specified on my ticket. I wasnt particuarly happy doing it but was feeling somewhat hacked off at this point.

Just sit in your own seat tommorow. I will have to watch the game on my own as a result but it makes for much less hassle. If you want to take the risk then be prepared for someone to stroll in just before kick off demanding his seat back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here