Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey away , sit where you like or..

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Think the complaint was more about people who insist on sitting in their own seats when there are empty ones elsewhere - particularly those who go towards the back when they want to sit down and watch the game. These arguments could go on forever.

These arguments could go on forever
Feels like it has, im never gonna get that 5 mins back x 2-0 to us tomorrow, Brighton are back

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4299531 said:
I cannot believe there are still people who turn up, kids in tow with their wooly hat on barging past all the drunken shouty oiks standing at the back saying "ooh I must have my block D, aisle 12b row 14 seat 390" :facepalm:

For one I never buy my tickets with my mates so f***ed if I'm gonna sit in my allocated seat on my own down the bottom corner with the Thermos gang.

I really don't care where I sit, but due to other commitments, I cannot get there until not long before the game. I will be turning up 'with my 8 year old kid in tow', and will be extremely pissed off if I have to arse about looking for two empty seats together in a sold out end, because someone has taken my seats.

By all means I'm happy to swap seats, but remember if it's sold out so be prepared to move.

I am in row T, so happy to swap for something near the front so I can enjoy my thermos of bovril.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely the simple answer is that if you were meant to sit wherever you wished the ticket would just say Admit 1 person to a seat in the North Stand or whatever it doesn't it says Block A row N seat 56 so they expect you to sit in that seat. Also if there is problem with the person in that seat the authorities know exactly who is responsible that is not too difficult to understand I wouldn't think.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
If someone is sitting in my seat when I arrive after several hours in the pub I would hope that they have the decency to move when I politely ask them to. If not - stand by! I can't believe people have the "small club mentality" to think that they can sit anywhere they like.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Go wherever, i've got a ticket in row A and plan on standing up all game and making an atmosphere, this wouldn't go done too well if there was an elderly couple or group of young kids sat behind me, so i'll do the honourary thing and move to the back :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The main reason why they want you to sit in the allocated seat at away games is if there is any bother they can trace who bought the ticket. The custom and practice at away games over the last 15 years or so is to sit or stand where you like unless the stewards tell you otherwise. The bobble hats & thermos flask brigade , elderly and infirm along with those with kids in tow always make a beeline for the seats at the front generally. If the club can allocate tickets at the front or back of a stand to personal callers there needs to be an option when booking online to state a preference where you would like to sit at an away game.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If someone is sitting in my seat when I arrive after several hours in the pub I would hope that they have the decency to move when I politely ask them to. If not - stand by! I can't believe people have the "small club mentality" to think that they can sit anywhere they like.

I'll be in any seat after a few hours in pub and wont be budged for anyone, none of our 9 will either

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
I'll be in any seat after a few hours in pub and wont be budged for anyone, none of our 9 will either

I was quite looking forward to my kids first away day tomorrow, but at this rate there will be an all out scrap between Albion fans over where they sit. Just sit in the bloody seat on your ticket then if spaces later, move around. It's a sell out so just get on with it.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham

Then you & your 8 mates should:

a. Have some consideration for other people & in particular the 8 other people your mucking around with your ignorance by pinching their seats.

b. Realise that a sold out (or almost sold out) away end will be chaos if people do that.

We're a championship club now & whereas you & your 8 friends can do that at Cardiff or up north etc when the away end is half empty it will just lead to problems tomorrow.What you going to do if we get to Wembley one day? Wander round the ground choosing a seat you like the look of?

P.S. I don't care if you have 100 friends with you. I don't see why I should pay £30 for my seat & then have to run around trying to find other seats cos someone likes mine better than their own.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I was quite looking forward to my kids first away day tomorrow, but at this rate there will be an all out scrap between Albion fans over where they sit. Just sit in the bloody seat on your ticket then if spaces later, move around. It's a sell out so just get on with it.

if a sell out then will stick to seat

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I really don't care where I sit, but due to other commitments, I cannot get there until not long before the game. I will be turning up 'with my 8 year old kid in tow', and will be extremely pissed off if I have to arse about looking for two empty seats together in a sold out end, because someone has taken my seats.

By all means I'm happy to swap seats, but remember if it's sold out so be prepared to move.

I am in row T, so happy to swap for something near the front so I can enjoy my thermos of bovril.

Were in row B block Q would my 14 yr old daughter get in on your sons ticket if we swapped

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Then you & your 8 mates should:

a. Have some consideration for other people & in particular the 8 other people your mucking around with your ignorance by pinching their seats.

b. Realise that a sold out (or almost sold out) away end will be chaos if people do that.

We're a championship club now & whereas you & your 8 friends can do that at Cardiff or up north etc when the away end is half empty it will just lead to problems tomorrow.What you going to do if we get to Wembley one day? Wander round the ground choosing a seat you like the look of?

P.S. I don't care if you have 100 friends with you. I don't see why I should pay £30 for my seat & then have to run around trying to find other seats cos someone likes mine better than their own.

to be honest we are a decent bunch so wouldnt be any issues , if its sold out like i say i will sit in seat. If there is space then yeah will prob go for a better seat if mine is complete crap ie behind a pillar or at front

I think it will be a be a bit of a free for all as alot of season ticket holders will sit with those that got tickets much later

Last edited:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
to be honest we are a decent bunch so wouldnt be any issues , if its sold out like i say i will sit in seat. If there is space then yeah will prob go for a better seat if mine is complete crap ie behind a pillar or at front

Then you Sir sound like a reasonable bloke who I am pleased is a fellow fan.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Of course their was much hilarity at Yeovil this season when Mendoza stared at his ticket looking for his spot on the terrace. Tongue in cheek.

I thought he was checking that he had bought a ticket to a football match in England and not Ice Station Zebra. Geeze it was cold that night!

Anyway to wade into the seat argument. For big matches i you have to sit on your allocated seat, if its unallocated then just go where you want. If there is someone is in your seat, dont bitch to steward...thats just not cricket!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
I thought he was checking that he had bought a ticket to a football match in England and not Ice Station Zebra. Geeze it was cold that night!

Anyway to wade into the seat argument. For big matches i you have to sit on your allocated seat, if its unallocated then just go where you want. If there is someone is in your seat, dont bitch to steward...thats just not cricket!

Shall we agree then that Pompey is a big match, and we take the seat on the ticket to start with, otherwise the first 30mins will be ruined whilst everyone hunts for a seat.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Shall we agree then that Pompey is a big match, and we take the seat on the ticket to start with, otherwise the first 30mins will be ruined whilst everyone hunts for a seat.

Absolutely yes & if there are empty seats when the match kicks off people should then feel free to move.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
This is my first away game ever, got my ticket and I'm front row which I'm not happy about but will sit there if we are sold out,

I'm going on my tod as a billy no mates so would like to try and sit near some more enthusiastic supporters as I like to stand and sing along which is inappropriate for the front row,

if anyone wants to swap for something further back PM me, I'm going down on the blues away coach from withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here