Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey away , sit where you like or..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can see both sides of the argument. I for one prefere to make it a free for all. But then you look at Walsall away last year which was a free for all and you end up with fans unable to find a seat. I turned up for said game to discover someone was sat in my seat. Not a problem i thought, i shall go else where. 2.50pm and in stroll 4 meat heads and low and behold im in one of there seats. Naturally i tried to explain my prediciment. However was told in no uncertain terms to get the f*** out of there. This was one row i wasnt going to win so off i went. Managed to locate another seat. Happy days i thought. 3.05pm comes round and so did the exact same scenario. Except this time the game had already kicked off and i couldnt find an un-occupied seat anywhere. Seriously fed up at this point I was left with no choice but to reclaim my seat which was specified on my ticket. I wasnt particuarly happy doing it but was feeling somewhat hacked off at this point.

Just sit in your own seat tommorow. I will have to watch the game on my own as a result but it makes for much less hassle. If you want to take the risk then be prepared for someone to stroll in just before kick off demanding his seat back.

Regrettably I reckon the meatheads were JCLs like I say its an UNWRITTEN rule that generally you sit/stand where you like and usually where there is a space because someone else is in yours. If everyone adopted that mentality we really wouldnt have a problem.

If you want your space then get there early to claim it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Regrettably I reckon the meatheads were JCLs like I say its an UNWRITTEN rule that generally you sit/stand where you like and usually where there is a space because someone else is in yours. If everyone adopted that mentality we really wouldnt have a problem.

If you want your space then get there early to claim it.

That's all very well when you are playing Walsall, Hartlepool etc.. This is the Championship and it is against Portsmouth. It is a sell out or near on. Sit in your allocated seat, end of... What if you are with 2 kids and there are no 3 seats all together? I will be there early enough to get my 3 allocated seats, so I am not worried. If you are so het up on getting to the back, try after 3:06pm :thumbsup::smile:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
That's all very well when you are playing Walsall, Hartlepool etc.. This is the Championship and it is against Portsmouth. It is a sell out or near on. Sit in your allocated seat, end of... What if you are with 2 kids and there are no 3 seats all together? I will be there early enough to get my 3 allocated seats, so I am not worried. If you are so het up on getting to the back, try after 3:06pm :thumbsup::smile:

All these arguments and the fact that there will be a lot more big away attendances at bigger grounds this year point to one solution - for the club to instigate a very very simple policy of allowing away fans to choose to be nearer the front or back at games. Even if everyone does "behave" and sit in their allocated seats, it doesn't solve the problem of a family with several children under 10's who have been dished out Row Z tickets.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I agree, I do not understand why it is so difficult for people to respect their fellow fans at a high profile SOLD OUT fixture when seats are at a premium. When it's not sold out and there is plenty of room then fair enough, but when there is no room have a little respect for your fellow fans.

Tomorrow is going to rock because of the nature of the end and the opposition, there need be no worries on the atmosphere front if everyone does their bit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
All these arguments and the fact that there will be a lot more big away attendances at bigger grounds this year point to one solution - for the club to instigate a very very simple policy of allowing away fans to choose to be nearer the front or back at games. Even if everyone does "behave" and sit in their allocated seats, it doesn't solve the problem of a family with several children under 10's who have been dished out Row Z tickets.

They do allow it if you go to the ticket office (subject to the home club). I have a seat at the back for Cardiff... BUT the online ticket system does not allow for this.

Looked like they'd hardly sold any Cardiff tickets by the way.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Tomorrow is going to rock because of the nature of the end and the opposition, there need be no worries on the atmosphere front if everyone does their bit.
But you completely miss the point. Everyone doesn't do there bit. There are, perhaps 5% of people who lead singing and they need to be in the middle at the back, not in the bottom corner of the stand or spread out everywhere.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
They do allow it if you go to the ticket office (subject to the home club). I have a seat at the back for Cardiff... BUT the online ticket system does not allow for this.

Only been to Cardiff once and got my head stamped all over.

Good day apart from that.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Interesting - I have been in the ticket office and asked if we could have near the back and been told, "sorry I have to give you whatever is on top". I even pointed out that there was a booklet next to the one the girl pulled out which had Row S on it (this was in Queen's Road where you can see over the desk), and she said "sorry, I have to use this lot up first". Spose it depends who you get.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting - I have been in the ticket office and asked if we could have near the back and been told, "sorry I have to give you whatever is on top". I even pointed out that there was a booklet next to the one the girl pulled out which had Row S on it (this was in Queen's Road where you can see over the desk), and she said "sorry, I have to use this lot up first". Spose it depends who you get.

No, I think it just depends who we're playing. I know at Swindon they were only allowed to take the tickets from one end of the pile!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But you completely miss the point. Everyone doesn't do there bit. There are, perhaps 5% of people who lead singing and they need to be in the middle at the back, not in the bottom corner of the stand or spread out everywhere.

Are you telling me that only five percent of people going to fratton tomorrow will be interested in singing? Do me a favour.

As I've said before I'm in favour of unallocated seating, and I will happily go somewhere else if my seat is taken. If you need encouragement to sing at Pompey you shouldn't be there in the first place.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Are you telling me that only five percent of people going to fratton tomorrow will be interested in singing? Do me a favour.

As I've said before I'm in favour of unallocated seating, and I will happily go somewhere else if my seat is taken. If you need encouragement to sing at Pompey you shouldn't be there in the first place.

Not sure about that last comment - are you suggesting that (to grab a quick stereotype) elderly gentlemen who might have been watching the Albion quietly for 60 years aren't welcome at away games? Some people don't go to sing, surely that is their choice?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

No, I'm talking about people who lead the singing, hence I said "people who lead singing".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

You get there early to get your seat as you just said...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No, I'm talking about people who lead the singing, hence I said "people who lead singing".

Fair enough, I should have paid more attention. However I really don't think there will be a problem with atmosphere tomorrow, whether we are in our allocated seat or not. It is going to be very loud indeed.

I cannot believe there are still people who turn up, kids in tow with their wooly hat on barging past all the drunken shouty oiks standing at the back saying "ooh I must have my block D, aisle 12b row 14 seat 390" :facepalm:

For one I never buy my tickets with my mates so f***ed if I'm gonna sit in my allocated seat on my own down the bottom corner with the Thermos gang.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick

Well i've been allocated a seat in row CC at Cardiff, which to me appears to be almost at the back. But i like to sit and watch the game, i can still join in with the singing, and jump about a bit at the exciting bits, but not being all that tall, if i get, as i always seem to get some hulk standing in front of me, i miss half the bloody game i've paid to watch. Row H at Pompey, so hopefully not to bad. At Cardiff i'll shall sneak towards the front though and chance my luck.

¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4299531 said:
I cannot believe there are still people who turn up, kids in tow with their wooly hat on barging past all the drunken shouty oiks standing at the back saying "ooh I must have my block D, aisle 12b row 14 seat 390" :facepalm:

For one I never buy my tickets with my mates so f***ed if I'm gonna sit in my allocated seat on my own down the bottom corner with the Thermos gang.

Awful. Just awful. Kids in tow??

If there were no kids going to games, in about 60 years time you would be able to get every BHA fan on a 3 piece suite. Narrow minded, shallow minded and ignorant comments.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Awful. Just awful. Kids in tow??

If there were no kids going to games, in about 60 years time you would be able to get every BHA fan on a 3 piece suite. Narrow minded, shallow minded and ignorant comments.

Think the complaint was more about people who insist on sitting in their own seats when there are empty ones elsewhere - particularly those who go towards the back when they want to sit down and watch the game. These arguments could go on forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here