Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey away , sit where you like or..

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
sit in your designated seats , i imagine it will be sit where you want and have a bit of a move around .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sit in the seat you have been allocated cos its sold out

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
sit in your designated seats , i imagine it will be sit where you want and have a bit of a move around .

stand where you like mate.

if someone asks you to move cos its there seat, then move to the next best place.

you may end up in your allocated seat, or you may end up standing with people who dont mind you being there.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
If only the stewards used their common sense and allowed those who want to stand to go to the back of the stand, thus allowing the fans who want to sit to see the game! Its not rocket science, or is it! Perhaps us fans could sort it amongst ourselves?

D

Deleted member 18477

Sit in your seat! Causes mayhem otherwise as people end up not being able to find seats as everyone's standing which is such a pain in the arse when trying to find a free space.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
well ive got a seat right near the front and i want to stand so i think i may get there a bit early :D

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If only the stewards used their common sense and allowed those who want to stand to go to the back of the stand, thus allowing the fans who want to sit to see the game! Its not rocket science, or is it! Perhaps us fans could sort it amongst ourselves?

If only the club did this. I KNOW there is plenty going on and away tickets are always going to be down the pecking order but I can't believe it would be too hard to organise the batch of away tickets into 3 piles (front, middle, back), and give people the choice when they buy tickets (where possible). Wouldn't solve every issue, but would help lessen the ludicrous situations that pop up EVERY time we have a sold out away game where some families and elderly people are in the back row, and people who want to stand and sing are in row C.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We have this every big away game, and every big away game people have had too many beers and just sit wherever. Going to be a cracking atmosphere.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We have this every big away game, and every big away game people have had too many beers and just sit wherever. Going to be a cracking atmosphere.

Agreed, but I do feel guilty when I've gone to stand near the back and some little old lady comes along and I am in her seat - and let's face it she wouldn't want to sit there anyway. Then you end up with Albion fans who don't understand how it sometimes works going and getting the stewards to move fellow Albion fans and it causes conflict. A teeny bit of organising could surely help alleviate a bit of this.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If there are loads of spare seats eg MK last season, it doesn't really matter.

If, like tomorrow, it is sold out. Take you allocated seat.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Its the football not the f***ing theatre.

Stand you want, if someone is allocated there and wants to sit there, then move on. No drama.

D

Deleted member 18477

Agreed, but I do feel guilty when I've gone to stand near the back and some little old lady comes along and I am in her seat - and let's face it she wouldn't want to sit there anyway. Then you end up with Albion fans who don't understand how it sometimes works going and getting the stewards to move fellow Albion fans and it causes conflict. A teeny bit of organising could surely help alleviate a bit of this.

They've organised it already by giving u a seat number! If you take someone else's you have to be prepared to move. Simple.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I wish I could be there to argue about where I'm supposed to sit/stand :D

I have to work :bla::bla::bla:

I'll be listening in on the radio so make lots of noise for us to hear you :lol:

HAVE A GREAT DAY PEOPLES :albion2::albion2:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Aren't there rules about this?

I used to live with a steward that works across a number of Midlands stadia. She said that if there is less than 15% seats unsold, fans are required to sit in their seats. If there is more that 15% oif the seats unsold, then it is up to the host club.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
They've organised it already by giving u a seat number! If you take someone else's you have to be prepared to move. Simple.

Indeed - clearly you didn't really read that post or my previous one as to what I was alluding to.

Aren't there rules about this?

I used to live with a steward that works across a number of Midlands stadia. She said that if there is less than 15% seats unsold, fans are required to sit in their seats. If there is more that 15% oif the seats unsold, then it is up to the host club.

For some reason I learnt something about this - he is nearly right.

Say the north stand holds 2500 (which is does) we have the option of selling 2500 tickets, all numbered to a particular person. Or we have the option of selling 2125 (15% less) have not even bother to allocate a seat. AFAIK Millwall operate the latter system in some or all of their stands (or at least used to when in league one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here