Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Politics when we play Notts County

Actually there are a few political games now coming up - HTFC and Southampton have been well documented of course. I sincerely doubt those facets will play on the minds of the people with the most influence, the players and management. They will be playing both to win I'd bet, and regardless of 1978 or what one manager said. It might carry over to next season if Southampton were to go up, that's an aside that might come into things, win or lose.

The one politic I'm thinking about particularly now though, is that we could send County down on the last day :cry: as we celebrate winning the championship :clap2:
Will our fans be gentle and considerate, or do the "we'll never play you again, you're gahhn daahhn, you're shit and you know you are" etc. taunting?:wave: :tosser:
Okay, so we might be too busy celebrating :albion1::rave: to deride and humiliate anyone, but for them it'll be a serious affair while we're happy as clams (clams are always smiling). They'll be extremely interested in winning and we might not need the points - except perhaps to make a nice 100+ figure :drool:

How much will we care about their position, from the stands?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No let up from the lads, especially in front of a travelling support of 6,000 - 100 points please.

Apart from that, I don't have any feelings for NC one way or the other really.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
No piss takes boys, and girls please. I was almost embarrassed to be a Brighton fan a few year ago, when we had just been promoted and arrived at Warwick services to find some Bournemouth fans there, whose team had just been relegated. The chanting and general abuse was totally out of order. We are Brighton and better than that!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No different to when we relegated Luton please! Party time

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No piss takes boys, and girls please. I was almost embarrassed to be a Brighton fan a few year ago, when we had just been promoted and arrived at Warwick services to find some Bournemouth fans there, whose team had just been relegated. The chanting and general abuse was totally out of order. We are Brighton and better than that!

This. If we do condemn them to relegation that day, show a bit of class please. We've had a great season and I think we should celebrate rather than another teams demise.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Like we did at Hereford? They are still convinced we were rubbing their noses in when in reality we were just overjoyed at staying up. They still hate us for that.

I can also remember that day at Port Vale where some of our lot were singing "Again, we'll never play you again". Some people just have a need to be ignorant.

I also remember approaching the end of the 2000/01 season, playing at Carlisle, and having to endure some of our thicker fans singing "We'll never play you again".:facepalm:

We also had it at Rochdale a couple of weeks ago.:ohmy:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd've thought that by the time we play County we will have already got the celebration of winning the championship out of our system to a degree that we would be respectful of them and their fans.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I'd've thought that by the time we play County we will have already got the celebration of winning the championship out of our system to a degree that we would be respectful of them and their fans.

Lat game of the season in this league. I hope the celebrations aren't out of out system.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't think that the "We'll never play you again" song is particularly gloating as such. All teams fans sing it, a bit like "thats why your going down". It's just a song, a bit of banter. People who get upset by these things are clearly way too sensitive.

The best atmosphere at Notts will be us having a party to celebrate a championship and them celebrating a last day survival. Everyone goes home happy.

I don't think that the "We'll never play you again" song is particularly gloating as such. All teams fans sing it, a bit like "thats why your going down". It's just a song, a bit of banter. People who get upset by these things are clearly way too sensitive.

The best atmosphere at Notts will be us having a party to celebrate a championship and them celebrating a last day survival. Everyone goes home happy.

That would be best, but I've a feeling it won't be like that.
If we've already got 100 points and they are fighting to stay up I would hope we'd make a decent showing and make them have to outplay us like it's a cup final for them.
None of this "well the result didn't matter anyway" nonsense, I don't think Gus would ever come out with that - which is why he is successful, and with us now.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Can't see Gus demand anything less than very professional performances from the team for all of the remaining fixtures, even if after we become champions and have 100 points. Let's tighten up that defence and finish the season with some class and style, particularly against Huddersfield and Southampton.

No room for complacency - it's important to finish positively so that the momentum carries forward into the build up for the Championship.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We owe to other clubs in the relegation fight to continue trying to win every game, it's just too bad for Notts County that they're our final opposition.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Oh c'mon guys this is football: you've gotta learn to take it. It's not life or death, nobody's going to die: but if your team is going down you know you're going to take some stick. I would love them to stay up and everyone's happy: but the fans of 4 teams on that day will be gutted to see their last league 1 game for a while: and all will be expecting a bit of a hammering from the opposing fans.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Lat game of the season in this league. I hope the celebrations aren't out of out system.

I don't mean completely out of the system, but enough for us to be respectful of their plight, should they go down. If they escape the drop, I imagine full on party time. We're winning the title on Saturday (touch wood), we will have celebrated after beating Walsall, when playing Southampton, Huddersfield, and Colchester. I think that leaves us the restraint to withold celebrations (at least until the county fans have mostly cleared out of the ground).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just like Cox, Whing and Revell had "Brighton reject" chants aimed at them in the away game at Orient, not gloating at County if we send them down is not gonna happen. It's not very classy and it's not what quite a few would want, but that's the way it is :shrug:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Revenge for losing the play-off final to Notts County in 1991 will be sweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here