Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Officers taking their shoes off

dazman

Apr 30, 2009
Sussex Police appear to have issued some sort of internal order reminding officers not to remove their shoes when attending people's houses. It's all about health and safety regs. A few weeks back, two young male officers visited my property carrying out a survey and one of them voluntarily left his shoes at the door and came into the lounge in his socks.

The other had fairly grubby boots on, didn't take them off, trailed flecks of dried mud on the floor - then had the cheek to ask if he could use the toilet and so ended up going upstairs as well!

Would you insist on a copper taking his shoes off before entering your property?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Having lived in Japan a long time now, I surprise myself how much I dislike the wearing of shoes inside. Even when I see it on TV. PLUS in England there's so much carpet about.

2 policemen let themselves into my flat once in Brighton. To be fair the door was open. They'd called round cos of some mentalist I'd lived with. I was sprawled on the sofa after having just finished a spliff, and as the door opened looked up to greet my mate when 2 coppers walked in. Jumped up in a flash, everything was there for all to see, smell still in the air, but good on them, they completely ignored it and just asked me about the flat mate.

I forget if they had their boots on or not.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I insist on anyone to remove their shoes off before entering my place, no one walks on my carpets in shoes, not even me.

There is no way i would allow it.
As a matter of course i always remove my shoes when entering someone else's home.

Last edited:

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
You can wear your shoes in my house, but then I have to many kids to consider carpets :p hard floors of various description all the way through accessorised by the wife with a few rugs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here