Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police in Offington

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone in the Worthing area know why there are so many police in the Offington area? I drove along Offington Avenue earlier and there were cars at the end of each road leading onto Offington Avenue as well as a CCTV van. When I came pas the Littlehampton Road later there were more cars on Poulters Lane and another CCTV van.

As this is one of the nicer areas of town don't usually see such activity there - unlike West Beirut/Durrington.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Durrington must have gone downhill since I lived in Worthing (1979) if you're comparing it with Beirut! Is it worse than East Worthing, taking into account the different sizes?

The original Durrington isn't too bad but the estates of West Durrington can be 'interesting' at times. I was in Tesco during the day a couple of weeks ago and the highlight was watching the fight between a shoplifter who was trying to steal a bottle of booze and the security guard.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went past Offington Lane at mid afternoon and saw a couple of policemen but thought nothing of it.

Durrington isn't that bad (its not Moulsecomb etc). Given a choice I would rather live in Durrington than East Worthing. But thankfully I live in neither!!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I quite used to like a long evening in the Half Brick,but that was a quarter of a century ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I went past Offington Lane at mid afternoon and saw a couple of policemen but thought nothing of it.

Durrington isn't that bad (its not Moulsecomb etc). Given a choice I would rather live in Durrington than East Worthing. But thankfully I live in neither!!!

Stop right there OK, Mrs Hut is from Moulsecomb lost count of the times I have said you can take the girl out of..............

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here