Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poland/Ukraine to host 2012 European Championships

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sweet. As we probably won't be there we can adopt the Poles as our team given the large contingent of their country men over here.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So that's Ukraine where they poison presidential candidates and murder journalists? I wouldn't like to be the person breaking the story that those stadiums are behind schedule, might end up under one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tooting Gull said:
So that's Ukraine where they poison presidential candidates and murder journalists? I wouldn't like to be the person breaking the story that those stadiums are behind schedule, might end up under one.
It's not as though Italy's record on social and political stability is untarnished.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I heard this on the news & thought, what the f***?
I can't see the violence in Poland improving; the Nazi thugs there will be rubbing their hands.
I've been to Ukraine & although the people there are great they need a whole lot of work doing on everything involved with hosting a major tournament.
I expect the EU will have to help fund this for both countries.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Poland is fantastic.*

Weather will be roasting.

Girls are lovely.

Beer is cheap.

*Krakow and Wroclaw are lovely. Katowice and Nova Huta are grim.

Tooting Gull said:

as opposed to italy where they fix matches, buy refs and kill policemen inside grounds:nono:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Nice one, Platini. Not that keen on joint bids, but this will lead to more significant improvements to stadia and infrastructure than by giving Italy its second tournament in 22 years.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yes, they are - Ukraine is f***ing ginormous and does touch Poland

was thinking "I've a few mates in the Ukraine", checked a map, they're like 600 miles from Donetsk and further from all the other stadia. Won't be crashing there, even if we qualify and play in Donetsk...

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I am off to Krakow for a wedding next week...

Will ensure make lots of contacts for tickets..to see Dean Wilkins's England fail to get out of the group stages due a failiure to score goals...though the team will have lots of young players, so the 2016 Euros look good!

Sorry, I've been working all day and I am very tired!

Innuendo

Apr 14, 2007
Les Biehn said:
Sweet. As we probably won't be there we can adopt the Poles as our team given the large contingent of their country men over here.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
In Poland there's a joke that if the current government stays on top for some more time, then Ireland and England will have to hold a referendum asking the people if they want these countries to be incorporated by Poland :lolol:
I can't see the violence in Poland improving; the Nazi thugs there will be rubbing their hands
Hahaha...

Please, if you have never been here, don't judge us because of an article you have written in some newspaper with a reputation as high as "The Sun"...

We have experienced fascism for the longest in WWII and almost everyone is aware what scum are both nazis and commies. I don't think that you care about that, but this country has almost 38,5 mln citizens. Among them maybe 500 support Hitler. There are also a few thousand skinheads and let's say 20 thousands nationalists. We could also find some communists and people of other radical views.

But what does it mean when we are talking about the whole society? Have you ever been here? I'm nearly 19 and have never seen anyone with a swastica (I'm sorry, I did once - it was crossed out) on his clothes, there have never been news about major attacks on foreigners or Jews, there aren't any neo-nazi parties (they're forbidden as well as communistic ones, although sadly there are some idiots - from Narodowe Odrodzenie Polski, Oboz Narodowo-Radykalny, Liga Polskich Rodzin and some other crazy parties) who have very radical views on almost every essential topic...) - but you know better, right from where you're sitting with a cup of tea in one hand and today's "The Sun" in the second :lolol:

And by the way, maybe you will say something about the Pakis murdering English and English murdering Pakis, which happened quite a few times in various areas of England over the last years? About the British National Party open racism?

Or maybe football - are you aware how you Sons of Albion have behaved during some days of last year's World Cup? Take a glance, you'll surely enjoy it, I especially like attacking one Brazilian in a group of 40 or 50 or beating up a Turk and breaking his glasses because of a very nice reason - he was a Turk :lolol: Really, an example of true international friendship and openness. I hope that my compatriots (and me, and me!!!) will be able to learn from you until 2012 - hope you will be my master :)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=26713483704811088&q=hooligans

P.S. And if you are so knowledgeable and familiar with Hitler and Poland ( :) ), then tell me - are you aware that today is the 64th anniversary of Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, yet another WWII drama that took lives of thousands of people? I don't think so - it's better reading "The Sun" than a history book or at least Wikipedia :lolol:

==============

And by the way people - are you aware that Poland has NO stadium that would be comparable to many of the clubs of your Division 3? :lolol: I'm not exaggerating - there are almost no motorways here, no stadiums, not too many airports...

Only Poznan is quite ok:

http://www.lechpoznan.net/rys/galeria/118/DSCF6883.JPG

The stadiums in Gdansk, Wroclaw and Warsaw are currently... non-existent :bowdown: I don't know how they are going to do everything they should - that's going to be a funny 5 years...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here