Pattknull med Haksprut
Stains 3/6
Reading 0/3
West Ham 0/3
Birmingham 1/3
Blackpool 1/6
Boro 1/6

Total 6/27

Given that we still have three matches against our rivals it does not look promising for the play-offs.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
That's what worries me too. Got to start getting wins against the big boys.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Or you couldlook at it and say of those we have played twice we have taken at least a point twice and one victory. If we follow that form we will get 5 points from the 3 games. Looks good.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Or you couldlook at it and say of those we have played twice we have taken at least a point twice and one victory. If we follow that form we will get 5 points from the 3 games. Looks good.

I LIKE the cut of your jib!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep think we are not quite there yet, in being able to seriously compete with the top six but terrific 1st season all the same. I liked our starting line-up v Derby when we attacked them from the off but because of Boro's strength (and other top six sides) we were understandably more defensive, hence only 6/27 points against them +2/3 quality players to the squad in the summer and we should be looking at double the points haul.
With Watford doing well now and Burnley knocking in 5 the other day, all the games will be really tough, so unless everyone has a blinder for the last few games I think a top 8 finish and beating two prem sides in the cups will be very creditable for our 1st season up.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Stains 3/6
Reading 0/3
West Ham 0/3
Birmingham 1/3
Blackpool 1/6
Boro 1/6

Total 6/27

Given that we still have three matches against our rivals it does not look promising for the play-offs.

The ironic thing is, that when we used to "punch above our weight" the top teams were those we used to take points off.

For me, it is the true indicator of why we need another season to consolidate. But, obviously the money would be helpful if we did sneak up.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My head tells me we need another season in the Championship and I would not be too disappointed if we fail to make the play-offs.
Whatever happens,we have exceeded my personal expectations for this season,but there is still a hell of a lot of work to be done and money to be spent if we were to go up and have a cat in hells chance of surviving in the Prem.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Stains 3/6
Reading 0/3
West Ham 0/3
Birmingham 1/3
Blackpool 1/6
Boro 1/6

Total 6/27

Stats are like rules, they are there to be broken. All the top teams (even Reading) will drop points in the run up to the play offs so we just have to take each game as it comes. I'm not too bothered at about what has gone before. We are capable of beating any side.

larus

Code:
17-Aug-11 A Cardiff City        W 3-1
20-Aug-11 H Blackpool           D 2-2
15-Oct-11 H Hull City           D 0-0
24-Oct-11 H West Ham United     L 0-1
29-Oct-11 A Birmingham City     D 0-0
19-Nov-11 A Southampton         L 0-3
10-Dec-11 A Middlesbrough       L 0-1
26-Dec-11 A Reading             L 0-3
02-Jan-12 H Southampton         W 3-0 
22-Feb-12 A Hull City           D 0-0
07-Mar-12 H Cardiff City        D 2-2
17-Mar-12 A Blackpool           L 1-3
31-Mar-12 H Middlesbrough       D 1-1

W 2
D 6
L 4
Total Points 12 From 36

I was just about to post a new thread on this with the above, which is expanded slightly to include some of the other contenders.

Like El Pres, I don't think it's very encouraging for the 2 reasons that we have a few top sides still to play, and also, if we get to the play-offs, we don't seem to have the ability against the better teams.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Code:
17-Aug-11 A Cardiff City        W 3-1
20-Aug-11 H Blackpool           D 2-2
15-Oct-11 H Hull City           D 0-0
24-Oct-11 H West Ham United     L 0-1
29-Oct-11 A Birmingham City     D 0-0
19-Nov-11 A Southampton         L 0-3
10-Dec-11 A Middlesbrough       L 0-1
26-Dec-11 A Reading             L 0-3
02-Jan-12 H Southampton         W 3-0 
22-Feb-12 A Hull City           D 0-0
07-Mar-12 H Cardiff City        D 2-2
17-Mar-12 A Blackpool           L 1-3
31-Mar-12 H Middlesbrough       D 1-1

W 2
D 6
L 4
Total Points 12 From 36

I was just about to post a new thread on this with the above, which is expanded slightly to include some of the other contenders.

Like El Pres, I don't think it's very encouraging for the 2 reasons that we have a few top sides still to play, and also, if we get to the play-offs, we don't seem to have the ability against the better teams.

There are 5 defeats on there so 12 from 39

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But with our remaning fixtures we need to improve in some area - either against top sides or away from home. We need to win more of those fixtures than we have this season to get in the playoffs. I'm more confident of us getting results at home against top sides (and form sides in the case of Watford) then away though. Think we'll beat Birmingham and maybe a draw against Reading.

I still think we'll just miss out though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We've only really been outclassed against Southampton and Reading away, the rest of the games have been quite close.
I make it only seven goals for us from those games which is somewhat concerning.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No need to write cardiff off, they've got an easy run-in. From the top 8, against the top 8

Reading P11, pts 20
Blackpool P14, pts 20
Cardiff P13, pts 19
West Ham P12, pts 18
Southampton P12, pts 17
Middlesbrough P12, pts 13
Birmingham P11, pts 11
Brighton P11, pts 10

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well taking Blackpool out of that lot because it was at the beginning of the season (and they had just been relegated that was a good point), also as Blackpool proved against saints they are a match for anyone at home so losing no disgrace.

Those other results were at a time when the wheels were falling off the Gus bus after Palace at Home and that run of results where we got the odd win (Derby A, Forest H) but we were having the sum total of about two shots a game. One on target. Things are different now.

The recent point against Boro was a good one so Im NOT worried :)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Points at the Amex against top 7 sides:

Southampton 3/3
Blackpool 1/3
Middlesbrough 1/3

Doesn't help confidence about the West Ham game, but doesn't look too bad for the Reading/Birmingham games...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here