Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth FINNISHED ?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I wouldn't say your average Brighton fan is any less laid back than Plymouth's. It concerns me that excuses are being made as to why demos and campaigns are not taking place. If Plymouth want to keep their club then the fans must fight for it. Anything less will mean all will be lost.

We had a campain that motivated everyone from the most dedicated fan to locals with barely a passing interest in football. That and the support of clubs like Plymouth is why we survived.
Time we repaid that favour I think. Come on everyone. Unite!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I get the impression from the Plymouth fans on here, that the hardcore fans are so royally f***ed off by this grotesque dismal saga, that they are actively welcoming the prospect of liquidation and rebirth as a fresh pheonix club, free of the parasites and schemers.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
They need to organise a march through west end of London like we did when we played Fulham all those years ago. However, they need to get fans from all clubs to join them. Media will start to take notice then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Plymouth fans need to start getting nasty. VERY nasty. Storming the Directors box nasty. Breaking crossbars nasty. A pitch invasion during a home game is a MUST.

I just don't think what is happening there is getting anything LIKE enough media attention. People need to be made aware of the facts about Guilfoyle and Ridsdale, and just what they are doing to PAFC right now. They need to be exposed on a national level where they have to answer for themselves in the face of some awkward questions.

You're not going to change anything by grumbling to the local press. This needs urgent, drastic action by the supporters that will draw NATIONAL attention.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Seems the players not playing this weekend as fed up not getting paid, maybe the end if they don't fulfill a fixture and take over looks like going tits up

Unlikely as the receivers have just agreed a deal for selling the club.or so i thought am i wrong?

Last edited:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I notice reading the Plymouth forums that they seem against any form of "illegal" protest. Your club is against the wall here, you have two choices, let it die and start from the beginning again or take what ever action is nessesary to save it. If it means breaking in to the ground, pitch invasions or harrassing the owners then do it. Sure you may get a point deduction if you keep doing it which may lead to you being relegated to the conference but if you dont then you will be playing a lot lower than that next season

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Plymouth fans need to take action now. If we had waited this long we wouldnt be where we are today. I wonder if we would have been anywhere at all.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's pretty impressive that the players have kept going this long without getting paid their wages. Granted, under the way these things work, they are eventualy guaranteed to get all monies owed to them in the end, unlike all other non-football creditors, but they still have mortgages, and must genuinely be starting to struggle in the meantime. Loyalty is all well and good but it must be very hard to justify as a player if you've got a wife at home telling you to do one and find a club that will actually get your money in your account before the family home gets repossessed.

I couldn't see the £90k per week stars at, say, a Premier League club in administration (if only I could think of one...) turning out for ten months without getting paid in full or on time. They'd all be whining and out of that club before you could say "down to the bare bones".

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Not that I suggest any illegal action but I wonder what would happen if the fans gave all the entrance fee to the players union rep and then found an open gate and all entered the ground without paying? That way the players on the pitch get the vocal support of the fans and also they get their wages which if the entrance fee went to the club they probably would not get any of it. Can you see the stewards who are probably not being paid either trying to stop anyone getting in? Especially if they get some of the cash as well

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Bet365, Boylesports, Coral, Paddy Power, Victor Chandler, Stan James and Bwin have all stopped taking any bets at all on the Burton v Plymouth game. Other bookies like William Hill are only taking winner bets (no longer running the 102 other markets they run for every other L2 game). You can still get 4/5 on Burton at a few places. Maybe Risdale should lump on it, give the winnings to a Plymouth Supporters Trust and sod off?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
How many clubs has Ridsdale been involved with that had financial problems? I make it Leeds, Barnsley, Cardiff and Plymouth.

He is the footballing equivalent of typhoid.

He's the 5th horseman of the Apocalypse; War, Famine, Pestilence, Death and Administration.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
125 years down the drain :(. After our 2-1 win over Swindon last year, I went to Yates down the road from the train station to see the England game vs Wales. I ended up talking to two guys from Plymouth and told me about the plight of their club, very sad state of affairs.

Will never forget that "Green Army!" Aviva advert.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Very sad. Plymouth are a similar size club to the Albion with a similar sized catchment population. They have very loyal fans and a big "Green Army" fan base in the south east but I just sense they are completely nonplussed about what's happening to their club and don't really know what to do about it. I suspect that the problem partly lies in the fact that they keep getting false dawns (although how or why anyone would trust Ridsdale is completely beyond me) that they've wanted to believe in and have trusted but suddenly they find themselves in a situation where the club is too far down the line towards disintegration and any action on their part would be too little, too late. In which case liquidation is probably the only realistic option, leaving a new club to re-form. I reckon with their fan base (still getting home gates of 6-8,000) this may be the only realistic way forward but its a pretty depressing scenario for one of the more characterful clubs in the league.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This has made me register after years of lurking. 35 years albion fan, moved to plymouth 7 years ago, my house looks over the ground. Been to a few games and have friends who are life long season ticket holders.
I have signed petitions, visited the recent 'candlelit vigil' and done what I can in a very small way.
I feel so sorry for them, they are a great bunch, and having read the previous threads they all seem to accurately sum up the situation. Unfortunatly the thread about the apathy and resignation to the situation is also true, they/we should have organised a fans day long ago, it may be too late now to make any difference, and Ridsdale seems to have done it again.
As an Albion fan i feel that we should be at the forefront of any action, for obvious reasons, and get as many down here as possible.
There are also many Brighton fans in Plymouth (always seeing car stickers around, 2 in 5 minutes last week) & the west country.If we could get at least 2000 it would, as an Albion fan, be up there as one of my proudest Albion days,and show that we have not forgotten the past, it would be a great day.
The Bristol game is my and many others only local game this season and many will be going, with or without tickets,and I cant wait, but I would happily go to Argyle if the fans day is that saturday and i hope that all the others down here would do the same.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Sounds like things may be coming to a head very soon, but if there is a stay of execution or whatever, is it worth someone organising something for Crawley v Plymouth on Sat Oct 1st? Be it an official Fans United Day - even though they were the Man City of Non-League surely Crawley are aware of where they've come from - or just fans of other clubs joining Plymouth fans in the away end and donating to a fighting fund? Brighton are away that day as are many London clubs including Charlton (our history and BWP hopefully guarantee a good turnout from our lot). The fact it's much less of a mission to get to than Plymouth and would be a new ground for most fans of London clubs surely helps? Would Crawley (not short of cash) be prepared to give away end ticket money to a PAFC Trust - they'll still make on beer and grub sales? Maybe this whole thing's an idiotic idea, in which case sorry, but just a thought. If Plymouth fans are too docile to organise anything big themselves, maybe other fans patronisingly organising stuff for them is the kick up the arse they need? PS No offence intended.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Its odd, you see plenty of fighting spirit in Union Street of a weekend and lots of people being kicked up the arse. When they played Exeter in the paint pot last season it was very nasty, but not when it comes to this. A friend who works at the weekend in my local spar is a passionate Argyle fan, we spend hours discussing Albion/Argyle results on saturday evenings in the shop, but he seems to have totally given up and fully expects a phoenix club run by the supporters to be set up.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Sounds like things may be coming to a head very soon, but if there is a stay of execution or whatever, is it worth someone organising something for Crawley v Plymouth on Sat Oct 1st? Be it an official Fans United Day - even though they were the Man City of Non-League surely Crawley are aware of where they've come from - or just fans of other clubs joining Plymouth fans in the away end and donating to a fighting fund? Brighton are away that day as are many London clubs including Charlton (our history and BWP hopefully guarantee a good turnout from our lot). The fact it's much less of a mission to get to than Plymouth and would be a new ground for most fans of London clubs surely helps? Would Crawley (not short of cash) be prepared to give away end ticket money to a PAFC Trust - they'll still make on beer and grub sales? Maybe this whole thing's an idiotic idea, in which case sorry, but just a thought. If Plymouth fans are too docile to organise anything big themselves, maybe other fans patronisingly organising stuff for them is the kick up the arse they need? PS No offence intended.

Non taken 'Fats'.....no offence intended!.

I've been saying the same for some time. It's getting there though, here's the latest Trust update from this evening............

PASOTI View topic - UPDATE 1/9/11

So, a 'gathering' tomorrow at 11am to see the players off to Burton with support..........or support their decision to strike if Fletch's shop stewarding role does the trick. There's something being primed for 3pm Saturday at Home Park whether the game goes ahead or not in Burton, i'm sure they'll get the tent out for some more vigil action.

All very peaceful though. The earlier contributor who mentioned the word 'pitch' has a knowing nod going his way. It's a long story but I actually found myself in the directors box at the Goldstone at the infamous abandoned York City game, you could feel the kerfuffle underneath you as the tunnel was stormed. It worked a treat, made the main BBC news by tea time. How widespread was the vigil outside Home Park last week, barely touched Sky Sports News............and what was recorded on the BBC website made me sick, the assembled fans actually APPLAUDED Ridsdale when he came down to address them.

He waddles over to thank them because "it's all about the football", he offers them the use of the club facilities (basically he'll be getting back in his brand new X5 and going back to the posh hotel while the unpaid staff have to cater for them, something they'd do willingly anyway whether Ridsdale autorised it or not!)..........and they actually applauded him and tried to shake his hand. Quite unbelievable.

There are two camps you see, militants and appeasers. The appeasers are rushing round like Neville Chamberlain clinging to every 'piece of paper' they can, the militants are advocating guerilla warfare. Janners are stubborn individuals and once in a trench tend to stick to it, but with every slipped deadline, every month that goes by without staff being paid, every home game where the gate reciepts go into just two pockets, appeasers are defecting to militants.

Addicks?, Seagulls?, we'll take whoever wants to assist with open arms a warm pasty and a decent scrumpy (none of that strange fizzy Irish muck). I'd direct assistance in the direction of the Trust, Chris Webb is a busy man right now but he'd be able to delegate a liaison officer (PM via the link above). I'm miles from the heat of the fire which mutates on an hourly basis now it seems.

I've taken in a couple of games at Crawley this season (not a fan just satisfying the football itch), i'd say they wouldn't cope at all well with a mass turnout :wink: :whistle:.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here