Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth FINNISHED ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't sign anyone on loan till next week, must admit 10/11 on Burton is not going to last long in the bookies
That wouldn't come into it, youth team players would be eligible and trialists are free agents so can sign a 7 day contract.

After the window opens could we not send them the likes of Smith, Kasim, Poke JFC to get match time with us paying their wages still which would be better than them playing nothing games.

That wouldn't come into it, youth team players would be eligible and trialists are free agents so can sign a 7 day contract.

After the window opens could we not send them the likes of Smith, Kasim, Poke JFC to get match time with us paying their wages still which would be better than them playing nothing games.

If the players are going on strike it's because things have reached a tipping point - providing 'scab' players is not likely to be looked upon favourably by the players, the PFA nor Plymouth fans.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I would go and support them in a "Fans United" day, for sure

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
they had 2 consortiums interested at 1 point, i seem to remember fans were more interested in the non ridsdale one, but the club pushed the ridsdale 1 through. what happened to the other consortium?

Maybe the perfect challenge for Dick Knight?!

The club didn't push for it, for 'club' see Administrator, for administrator see Brendan Guilfoyle, appointed by?.................Peter Ridsdale.

It's become apparent it was a stitch up from the very beginning.
The last lot who racked up the £17m debts 'invited' Ridsdale to watch a game while he was allegedly "on a walking holiday" (who walks in Devon & Cornwall........in October?).
Ridsdale then sticks around because he's "between clubs" and has "nothing better to do".
He oversee's the January firesale (when you got Nooney) we were told to reduce debts and see off the HMRC winding up order. Cleverly it transpires it also dropped the HMRC debt percentage below 25%, the point at which they could have appointed their own adminsitrator!!.
Ridsdale advises the last regime to seek voluntary administration.
Ridsdale appoints Brendan Guilfoyle.

Now at this stage we were collectively naive and worldly unwise to things, he was pretty much universally lauded as having 'saved us'.

Then the admin process started. The fans preferred choice was James Brent a wealthy west country hotelier with noble intentions. Wasn't promising to splash cash but stabilise while keeping everything together (club & ground) however at the last minute a mystery consortium appeared and were granted prefferred bidder status. It seems they greased a few extra palms to get it...........the palms of the previous regime no less!!.

This consortium has been shady from the off, exposed publicly as having been aware of the identity when they'd denied it Ridsdale and Guilfoyles credibility tailed off overnight. It's based in Gibraltar so is immune to having to disclose it's directors by UK law. It's fronted by Kevin Heaney chairman of Truro City and a loathsome little sh1t but it's widely suspected that it comprises................members of the previous regime!!.

So, in summary, the regime that run up debts of £17 is believed to be the preferred bidders to buy back the club and it's assets at 0.77p in the £ while remaining completely invisible to UK law or the Football league fit and proper person test. They take the only bit they ever wanted, the ground, while Dear old Peter Ridsdale gets the football club, now as tennants, for £1.

Income this season is as follows, the consortium has been paying Guilfoyle exclusivity payments of 300,000 and we've had four home gates (24,000 paying customers) PLUS 2,800 season tickets. For that only TWO people have been paid, no staff, no players, no management just Brendan Guilfoyles fees and Peter Ridsdales 'expenses'..............widely reported to be, get this, £20,000 a month.

So while he's picking up more than the Prime Minister is paid no-one has been paid since before Christmas. Enough was enough months ago IMHO but finally some spine is being shown and strike talk is coming out.

Word is Heaney is pulling the plug on his bid anyway. You'd think that was good news, and really it is but despite a contingency plan being set up by the fans Trust in conjunction with James Brent Guilfoyle has decreed that there "isn't enough time" for another bid to be successful without a huge up front payment with no guarentees of success. Basically he's afforded his 'buddies' all the time in the world and very little exclusivity money but when they drop out (basically they are and have always been skint) he makes punitive charges and an unrealistic timeframe for another bid.

I suspect we'll be liquidated in the next week or so.

We'll be back though, AFC Wimbledon?, pah!. You ain't seen nothing like a Janner scorned.

RESURGAM

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I honestly didn't know things had got this bad. Is it too late to rally round the forums and media and get a fans united day sorted?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
How can the FA allow this to happen and for people like Risdale to be involved in football?

Surely something must be done. Where are the protests? Why haven't the Plymouth fans got on the pitch and made the rest of the league sit up and listen - Build a Bonfire style.

A Fans United day seems like a must and it's the least we as Brighton fans can do to support it.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Jesus Christ, that sounds as mendacious and underhand as our own lot, years ago. Why do football clubs attract such nefarious characters, like flies round... well, you know. X Isle makes it sound like it's too late, but I sincerely hope something can be sorted out which leaves the club in the right hands at the end of the process. Anything we can do at this stage, X Isle?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
The whole thing smacks of the board and maybe Ridsdale getting a sniff that there was serious money to be made should England win the WC bid and a new stadium being built. Once that went tits up then they have just left the club to fold after getting what they can out of it.

I see the supporters trust have an open offer they made to the administrators to buy the club for a quid, shame I cant ever see them going for it though

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
It's bloody scandalous.

Certainly is but I forgot to add that Ridsdale is due in court this month to answer charges of season ticket fraud, basically the misdirection of monies.

And one of the snippets from todays events, Reidy asked Brendan Guilfoyle what had happened to all the season ticket money which was allegedly 'ringfenced for opoerating costs'. Guilfoyle said he "didn't know" and "would have to come back to him", WTF?.

It's all just a case of history repeating.............

But still in all of this Ridsdale is oblivious to any suggestion of wrongdoing, if you fancy a wander through the warped mind of a self important egomaniac check out the following link to a company set up specifically to counter suggestions that Peter Ridsdale was in any way atfoult during his times at Leeds and Cardiff. If it weren't for real you'd think it was some form of David Brent spoof............

What We Do | The Fearless Partnership

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In a MONTH, Mendoza? I think if they all skipped a WEEKs worth of pay, it would more than cover it. Rooney alone would cover the best part of £250,000. ???

There needs to be a save Plymouth movement, football isn't about the crooks like Peter Risdale.

Plymouth are f***ed, yet they are in no way near as much debt as Man Utd

It's weird to think the amount of money needed to bail out PLymouth is about the same as the starting 11 for England against Bulgaria will earn in a month

It's also just about half a Peter Crouch, and that makes even less sense.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Jesus Christ, that sounds as mendacious and underhand as our own lot, years ago. Why do football clubs attract such nefarious characters, like flies round... well, you know. X Isle makes it sound like it's too late, but I sincerely hope something can be sorted out which leaves the club in the right hands at the end of the process. Anything we can do at this stage, X Isle?

The problem has been mobilising militancy down 'home'. It's a good thing most of the time but the traditional westcountry laidback attitude sometimes gets in the way, far too many people have been scared of liquidation so have shuffled to Home Park and paid their season ticket monies in an act of seeminglky blind submission to it all.

Funnily enough Albion came up on a thread earlier about that very problem...........

PASOTI View topic - Press Release / Update 31/8/11

(NB - my references to Brightons image are purely tongue in cheek, I was actually in the east stand 'stampede' myself back in the day and have nothing but respect!).

I would keep an eye on PASOTI Herne Hill, their starting to get shaken from their apathy and like I say. We might be laid back but when we go, we go!.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Certainly is but I forgot to add that Ridsdale is due in court this month to answer charges of season ticket fraud, basically the misdirection of monies.

And one of the snippets from todays events, Reidy asked Brendan Guilfoyle what had happened to all the season ticket money which was allegedly 'ringfenced for opoerating costs'. Guilfoyle said he "didn't know" and "would have to come back to him", WTF?.

It's all just a case of history repeating.............

But still in all of this Ridsdale is oblivious to any suggestion of wrongdoing, if you fancy a wander through the warped mind of a self important egomaniac check out the following link to a company set up specifically to counter suggestions that Peter Ridsdale was in any way atfoult during his times at Leeds and Cardiff. If it weren't for real you'd think it was some form of David Brent spoof............

What We Do | The Fearless Partnership

Guilfoyle and Ridsdale are the only two persons to have been paid ? sounds a bit dodgy to me.
Do you think the media made a typo error when reporting Ridsdale being on a walking holiday in Devon ? more likely to be on a :tosser: holiday.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I would love it if we could organise a few car loads and go and stand outside the ground to get the Plymouth fans motivated to rise up against the corrupt chairman. I'd happily jump in a car and head down and share the fuel costs if anyone else was doing it.

COME ON ALBION. FANS UNITED HAS DONE IT ONCE. IT CAN BE DONE AGAIN!!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I wouldn't say your average Brighton fan is any less laid back than Plymouth's. It concerns me that excuses are being made as to why demos and campaigns are not taking place. If Plymouth want to keep their club then the fans must fight for it. Anything less will mean all will be lost.

We had a campain that motivated everyone from the most dedicated fan to locals with barely a passing interest in football. That and the support of clubs like Plymouth is why we survived.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here