Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth FINNISHED ?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I thought they might be Swedished, or possibly Norwegianed, but I never imagined they could be Finnished.

In all seriousness though, terrible news if it turns out that way.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
very sad, my first away game was plymouth in the cup years ago when we down to 9 men and still managed a draw.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gutted for the fans if they go out of business

With regards to the Burton game, and the senior players going on strike, if I were a gambling man 40/1 for Burton to score 5 or more would be tempting...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sepp Blatter,and the crooks at FIFA are partly culpable. Plymouth pinned much hope for its future on its new stadium and its investment which was part of our failed World cup bid, that bid on merits we, and the people of Plymouth should have won, but for reasons of massive brown envelopes we didn't.

Sidestepping the issue whether we should have one, it was sheer folly to pin all your hopes on the winning of a bid, if that was indeed the case.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I blame those annoying ads with Paul Whitehouse in. "GREEN ARMY!"

It's all gone down the toilet for Plymouth since then.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Value of Plymouth takeover: £6m
Money spent by Premiership clubs in transfer window: £485m

Notwithstanding any mismanagement issues that may be involved, it can't be healthy for the gulf between the divisions to be this huge, financially.

Sepp Blatter,and the crooks at FIFA are partly culpable. Plymouth pinned much hope for its future on its new stadium and its investment which was part of our failed World cup bid, that bid on merits we, and the people of Plymouth should have won, but for reasons of massive brown envelopes we didn't.

Although I agree that Blatter rigged the World Cup bids, do you not think it was foolish in the extreme to invest in the outcome of a vote run by FIFA, who we all know are corrupt and anti England.

Would be extremely upsetting if Argyle do go out of business, especially as one of there fans was instrumental in Fans United.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hope they get sorted, never forget the train home after winning promotion there, we had to win someone had to lose at home & someone had to draw or worse at home & all came in...Bobby Z buying me a drink in the players lounge after I led the gatecrash...Champagne, vodka & red bulls, Shambles its called & was..michel Kuipers former dutch marine song for 30 mins non stop, 200 in one carriage & no regular passenger allowed thru unless they joined in the signing..happy days

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
All credit to Peter Reid throughout this though. As I understand it he has never been paid, and has been paying some bills out of his own pocket.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Needs a Fans Utd, with whip rounds at ALL games leading up to it. Fans can't just let it happen.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Needs Bradley Wright-Phillips to ask brother Shaun to give a couple of million to help out Bradley's former club. It'd be mere loose change for him surely?

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Burton to win by 4 goals or more is 22/1 on Paddypower (115 quid return for a 5 quid bet) seems like a good bet.

Extremely frustrating for Argyle fans though. These are proper die hards fans that really care about their club. You see a lot more Argyle shirts round here than premiership teams and I think that's something to be really proud of as a City. The fact that this takeover has been allowed to go on so long without getting Heaney involved and ditching the "mystery box" investors is a total shambles. Hopefully this will spur them to either hand over the money or admit they were bidding with money they don't have and bow out.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
According to the BBC, senior players are just considering a strike at present, and the club has said they will field a side, even if it is the youth team. Still v sad state of affairs, especially considering how cheaply other clubs plundered them in the fire sale. Dunno what you paid for Noone, but I've heard between £75 and £125k for BWP, which is daylight robbery.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
We should offer to send a couple of our fringe players or dev squad wage contribution free. Would be a nice gesture and they would possibly get gametime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here