Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth FINNISHED ?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I see they signed two players on loan yesterday. Seems odd unless their parent clubs are paying 100% wages.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, it's Devonish.

Wasn't the paperwork for the takeover spposed to be completed yesterday?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
they had 2 consortiums interested at 1 point, i seem to remember fans were more interested in the non ridsdale one, but the club pushed the ridsdale 1 through. what happened to the other consortium?

Maybe the perfect challenge for Dick Knight?!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Very sad indeed and a lesson. Its about time the FA stepped in and put something in place so clubs don't spend more than they earn.
Football finances are out of control and this is what can finally happen. Unless players take a wage cut and their agents this will keep going on and on.

I dread to think how much our wage bill is at the moment and I trust we are not being silly about it.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
they had 2 consortiums interested at 1 point, i seem to remember fans were more interested in the non ridsdale one, but the club pushed the ridsdale 1 through. what happened to the other consortium?

Maybe the perfect challenge for Dick Knight?!

Reporter said their money failed to materialise, not sure what they can do ? You can't expect the players and staff to carry on with no wages

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Reporter said their money failed to materialise, not sure what they can do ? You can't expect the players and staff to carry on with no wages

How many clubs has Ridsdale been involved with that had financial problems? I make it Leeds, Barnsley, Cardiff and Plymouth.

He is the footballing equivalent of typhoid.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sepp Blatter,and the crooks at FIFA are partly culpable. Plymouth pinned much hope for its future on its new stadium and its investment which was part of our failed World cup bid, that bid on merits we, and the people of Plymouth should have won, but for reasons of massive brown envelopes we didn't.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if they go on strike, are their contracts still protected by PFA/FA rules? if they dont get paid for two weeks (iirc) they are free to leave as free agents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here