Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumber

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Any of you lovely men plumbers?

We have a mixer shower thing on the wall in our bathroom and it's playing up - one minute it's freezing cold and the next minute it's scalding hot - it doesn't seem to be able to hold the temperature at all?

We have a pump attached to it which makes it quite powerful and this seems to be working ok.

So, what could be wrong with it? Can you fit a new one if we need one? PM me if your interested in some work - thanks guys

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING

We have a mixer shower thing on the wall in our bathroom and it's playing up - one minute it's freezing cold and the next minute it's scalding hot - it doesn't seem to be able to hold the temperature at all?

We have a pump attached to it which makes it quite powerful and this seems to be working ok.

So, what could be wrong with it? Can you fit a new one if we need one? PM me if your interested in some work - thanks guys

It just needs a new washer in the shower Bud

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I've got a problem with mine too, After about a minute it just switches off.. water is still running fine through the rest of the house just not the shower. We had someone come around but he couldn't find where to turn the water off running into the house...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ok - I'll have a look at this - would there be a washer in the twisty bit you turn to change the temperature?

Get in touch with Uncle Speilburg, after your love in yesterday i'm sure he'd be happy to look at your waterworks:lol:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

If it alternates between freezing cold, turn the temperature setting down to cold for a minute or too, then turn it back to the desired setting.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Do you know the make/model of the shower mixing valve.

It maybe if a thermostatic model that the thermostatic cartdridge within the mixing valve has failed. All shower valves manufactured after around mid 90's should be thermostatic.

Alternatively it could be an inbalance of water pressure.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm not a plumber, but I'd happily have a fiddle with your pipes.

WHAT?

Last edited:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Thanks guys - if nothing else you have given me a giggle this morning!!

I will look into the above and let you know the outcome -

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks guys - if nothing else you have given me a giggle this morning!!

I will look into the above and let you know the outcome -

Said US

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
Being a plumber an all that, it sounds as if you have a blocked filter in the inlet to the hot or cold supply tot he shower. If you turn your water off and take the shower apart you will see a small piece of gauze somewhere on each inlet. These sometimes get blocked slightly causing a pressure imbalance making the shower difficult to adjust the temperature.
Hope this helps

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Being a plumber an all that, it sounds as if you have a blocked filter in the inlet to the hot or cold supply tot he shower. If you turn your water off and take the shower apart you will see a small piece of gauze somewhere on each inlet. These sometimes get blocked slightly causing a pressure imbalance making the shower difficult to adjust the temperature.
Hope this helps

Thanks - I have a guy coming round to have a look tomorrow morning!!! I seem to remember the guy telling me this when he fitted the shower - and my eyes glazing over with boredom - I shoud have listened more closely!!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thanks - I have a guy coming round to have a look tomorrow morning!!! I seem to remember the guy telling me this when he fitted the shower - and my eyes glazing over with boredom - I shoud have listened more closely!!!

His name is not Robin Askwith is it? he has done some plumbing as well as a window cleaner, driving instructor and a spell on a holiday camp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here