Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please no more match date changes

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am planning ahead for the Birmingham match and booking accomodation for the night before as a few of us going to make a night of it. Just hoping it does not fall prey to Sky t.v. and gets moved. Also worried, even more so, about Southampton away as it is a Saturday and obvoiusly an attratctive match for neutrals. Hull fans who have booked trains for 15th October can now not get back to Hull on same day due to time change. Supporting football is expensive enough without having to lose money on transport etc. I know this has been dscussed before but if you had theatre tickets or going to see a concert you would not expect the date/time to change with just a few weeks notice!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am planning ahead for the Birmingham match and booking accomodation for the night before as a few of us going to make a night of it. Just hoping it does not fall prey to Sky t.v. and gets moved. Also worried, even more so, about Southampton away as it is a Saturday and obvoiusly an attratctive match for neutrals. Hull fans who have booked trains for 15th October can now not get back to Hull on same day due to time change. Supporting football is expensive enough without having to lose money on transport etc. I know this has been dscussed before but if you had theatre tickets or going to see a concert you would not expect the date/time to change with just a few weeks notice!

No but such an event could be cancelled with no chance of your non event costs being refunded.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We are in the same boat with Home games, as we live in Wales we always stay in a hotel on the saturday night, but to keep it as cheap as possible I have to take the no refund options as it saves a lot of money, but trying to plan ahead is getting concerning now, and if you leave it to late you dont get the cheaper option on the hotel, but success will always dictate, as does Sky TV.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Don't want to cause any undue concern, but there is a rumour going around about another fixture being changed, with it possibly being moved to a Saturday 3pm. KO :ohmy:

gully07

Sep 26, 2010
hassocks
im hoping the birmingham game doesnt get changed booked to take the kids to cadburys world on the sunday as 2 of the boys have birthdays in the 1st week in november so fingers crossed it stays as it is

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
im hoping the birmingham game doesnt get changed booked to take the kids to cadburys world on the sunday as 2 of the boys have birthdays in the 1st week in november so fingers crossed it stays as it is

And its half term so guess lots of people will be making extra plans.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Didn't Sky used to pick which league games they were televising for up to Christmas at the beginning of the season?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Didn't Sky used to pick which league games they were televising for up to Christmas at the beginning of the season?

The home game against West Ham that was due to be played on Saturday the 22nd Oct was changed earlier this week to the following monday due to Sky wanting to show it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The home game against West Ham that was due to be played on Saturday the 22nd Oct was changed earlier this week to the following monday due to Sky wanting to show it.

I know. My point is that I thought in seasons gone by they decided which games they wanted to televise much earlier.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I know it is a major pissoff for both us and visiting supporters but TB is not going to turn down 100k or whatever sky pay.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't forget the BBC haven't shown us live yet. Watford V Forest was on yesterday.

They are bound to want a HOME game!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I know. My point is that I thought in seasons gone by they decided which games they wanted to televise much earlier.

Oh right, I think they have always picked the games up to xmas as you said, but from my memory they have always played about with fixtures during the season, I may be wrong though, up till this season it has never really affected me, but it does now as i shown earlier in the thread.

It was by pure luck I had not already booked the usual hotel we stay in, i was actually on the page going to book it (the day before the fixture change) and why i did not, I just can't answer (well I can I just could not be bothered to go and get my wallet for my credit card!!) but I am so glad I did'nt, It would have been £50 up the swaneee, rather fortunate I would say :)

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

This was because they needed to wait for the Carling Cup results to see which matches could be rescheduled for the Monday, so only the match v Coventry before round 5 could be a concern, depending on teams in other fixtures.

I wish we'd have an away game on sky, but sadly we've made the AMEX so good for visiting press / TV that it seems they'd rather show us at home !

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Oh right, I think they have always picked the games up to xmas as you said, but from my memory they have always played about with fixtures during the season, I may be wrong though, up till this season it has never really affected me, but it does now as i shown earlier in the thread.

It was by pure luck I had not already booked the usual hotel we stay in, i was actually on the page going to book it (the day before the fixture change) and why i did not, I just can't answer (well I can I just could not be bothered to go and get my wallet for my credit card!!) but I am so glad I did'nt, It would have been £50 up the swaneee, rather fortunate I would say :)

Before this season, games being moved for TV hasn't been much of a problem for us!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
As paymasters TV has long since called the tune. It's still only September, if we continue to do well don't be surprised if more of our fixtures are moved to fit TV schedules. It's annoying ( West Ham move has blown my plans apart) but we'd better get used to it. On the plus side, it's more money for the club and means we're doing well.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As paymasters TV has long since called the tune. It's still only September, if we continue to do well don't be surprised if more of our fixtures are moved to fit TV schedules. It's annoying ( West Ham move has blown my plans apart) but we'd better get used to it. On the plus side, it's more money for the club and means we're doing well.

It might come into play come season ticket renewal time for some people, especially those with young kids.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Before this season, games being moved for TV hasn't been much of a problem for us!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hitony
Oh right, I think they have always picked the games up to xmas as you said, but from my memory they have always played about with fixtures during the season, I may be wrong though, up till this season it has never really affected me, but it does now as i had shown earlier in the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here