Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please Mark McGhee...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
...do the right thing and go.

You have given us some great memories for which we will always be grateful but you are undoing everything you and the players have worked so long and hard to achieve.

We gave you a job when not many other clubs would have touched you.

We cannot afford to sack you so please, please, please walk and give this club a fighting chance of staying up.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh shut up...

Look how far we've come in the last NINE years.

We have no money.

We have no ground.

Players don't want to play for us.

:bla: :bla: f***ing :bla:

:jester:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Trigger said:
Oh shut up...

Look how far we've come in the last NINE years.

We have no money.

We have no ground.

Players don't want to play for us.

:bla: :bla: f***ing :bla:

:jester:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: soken like a true ars:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know Trigger.;)

What I cannot understand is how seemingly intelligent people on here can STILL be happy with McGhee and have the CHEEK to acuse people like us for not being good fans for wanting better.

The SPOONS.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Richie Morris said:
I know Trigger.;)

What I cannot understand is how seemingly intelligent people on here can STILL be happy with McGhee and have the CHEEK to acuse people like us for not being good fans for wanting better.

The SPOONS.

because they think they are superfans :censored: :censored: :censored:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Richie Morris said:
I know Trigger.;)

The SPOONS.

Mind you that rather depends on your definition of intelligence doesn't Ritchie ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
gerbil said:
No they ARE superfans :rolleyes:

Right. I am not a superfan, whatever that means.

However, whilst there is absolutely no mistaking the fact that we were poor in the second half today, I cannot see what good changing the manager will do with a few games left.

What the f*** is anyone else going to do with the players at his disposal. I suppose he should have played Ronaldo and Rooney up front. Oh, hang on, they don't play for us do they.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well if you look at Newcastle, Millwall, Leicester etc it would suggest that changing your manager can shake things up a bit and lead to the team winning a few games.

At least it would give someone a fair crack at sorting out the MESS that is our squad in time for next season and give them the luxury of seeing the players in action before deciding where needs strengthening and who is part of his plans.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I am a superfan but I think McGhee might as well stick around. Mainly because I think we are down anyway and not even Jose Mourinho can save us now.

But even if we do get shot of McGhee and another manager comes in we may have a "honeymoon" period and pull off a miraculous escape we will only be having this same debate next Februrary and wanting the new manager out when we are down the bottom again.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Richie Morris said:
You have given us some great memories for which we will always be grateful, but you are undoing everything you and the players have worked so long and hard to achieve.

It's not often that I agree with you Richie, but I can add nothing to that paragraph. The rest of your post is complete bullshit as usual.

If McGhee were made to go or left voluntarily, his successor should be employed with the understanding that we are not looking for miracles. It is far too late in the season for somebody to come in and to change things around. The only thing that a change of personnel in management might be able to achieve at this late stage is to improve the impact that some players have on the game.

If we are to survive in this league it is down to the players. It is obvious that players brought in by the manager and the chairman do not have the same fighting attitude of their colleagues. We survived last season because of the character and resolve of the players. Some of them are still there battling away, but they are being let down by newcomers.

E

enigma

Good points Thimble. Unfortunately, I think a managerial change would not make much difference. If DK is to sack McGhee, better to do it in the summer when it will be easier to attract a manager and things can be planned properly.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
hans kraay fan club said:
Right. I am not a superfan, whatever that means.

However, whilst there is absolutely no mistaking the fact that we were poor in the second half today, I cannot see what good changing the manager will do with a few games left.

What the f*** is anyone else going to do with the players at his disposal. I suppose he should have played Ronaldo and Rooney up front. Oh, hang on, they don't play for us do they.

Exactly.A few games left.

Magoo should've gone after the Coventry cup game to give someone else a fair crack at keeping us up.

Nearly every club that changes the manager turn out a few good results as soon as the new man comes in because players are playing for their places.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
enigma said:
Good points Thimble. Unfortunately, I think a managerial change would not make much difference. If DK is to sack McGhee, better to do it in the summer when it will be easier to attract a manager and things can be planned properly.

Well, I mentioned the having of a "honeymoon period" as a best case scenario.

But I do disagree with you on the timing of any sacking. As I said McGhee might as well stay on but if he does go then he should be now so that the new man can get a feel for the squad and will go into the summer with an idea of the new players he wants.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

E

enigma

Thimble Keegan said:
As I said McGhee might as well stay on but if he does go then he should be now so that the new man can get a feel for the squad and will go into the summer with an idea of the new players he wants.

I see what you're saying but I think it would be easier to get the best man for the job in the summer. For example, if we tried to recruit a promising manager from the lower divisions, they might not want to leave their own team in a promising situation, whereas in the summer it would be easier to attract.

If the new manager was unemployed, thats different of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem that MM had which has now become apparent is that he was forced to keep on his back room staff who outside of the Youth set up have proved beyond all reasonable doubt that they are not up to the job.

What are the common factors between relegation this season and the previous one.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
The problem that MM had which has now become apparent is that he was forced to keep on his back room staff who outside of the Youth set up have proved beyond all reasonable doubt that they are not up to the job.

What are the common factors between relegation this season and the previous one.

It's mainly the same backroom staff who took us to two championships and a play-off promotion. Must be crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here