Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please let this be true!

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
From BBC website:

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan is lining up Graeme Souness to replace Iain Dowie as manager. (Mirror)

Cue fall outs with players, mass exidous (SP), bust up with Jordan, exit Souness in January with Palace 2 points above relegation zone.

:lolol: :clap2: :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Graeme Souness has been linked with the Crystal Palace job, as Iain Dowie has decided to move into acting, having landed a role on Broadway, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

060516_goma_kl.jpg

Graeme Souness, Selhurst link

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They are welcome to that lunatic

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He'll need a few million to waste!

Happy Days! :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
:lolol:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Not going to happen, Jordan couldn't deal with his ego - smart money on Peter Taylor.

New manager with a decent fighting fund from the sale of AJ to boost squad.

Better than sticking with a lame duck manager that obviously does not get on with the players, ie Mcghoo

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
paulie said:
Not going to happen, Jordan couldn't deal with his ego - smart money on Peter Taylor.

New manager with a decent fighting fund from the sale of AJ to boost squad.

Fantastic! Peter Taylor with money to spend! Ask a Leicester fan if thats a good idea. Junior Lewis and his agent must be rubbing their hands.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This could be pure comedy GOLD - let's hope and pray that he gets the job.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Early Doors said:
So would Alan Ball
Please, tell me he's also in the running. Please. Pretty please.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
23 May 2006
EXCLUSIVE: DOWIE'S OUT . . SOUEY'S IN
EXCLUSIVE PALACE REVOLUTION TOON FLOP LINED UPFOR SELHURST But new boss will lose Johnson
John Cross
CRYSTAL PALACE chairman Simon Jordan is lining up Graeme Souness as his next manager - but Andy Johnson will follow Iain Dowie out of the door.

Jordan wants his next appointment to be able to lift Palace back up into the Premiership and believes former Liverpool and Newcastle boss Souness has the necessary pedigree and experience.

But Jordan has resigned himself to losing England striker Johnson, who was yesterday given permission to leave the World Cup training base in Hertfordshire to go back to Selhurst Park to discuss his future.

Jordan also may be hit with another blow because there were indications late last night that Dowie would be talking to bitter rivals Charlton within the next 48 hours.

The Palace owner said: "I'd be very disappointed if Iain turns up at Charlton, he knows my feelings. I could have made this situation more acrimonious than it has been." Jordan added:

"Bolton have made a bid of £8m for Andy Johnson but he will only go on the monetary terms we agree. I am looking for what he is worth.

Advertisement

"Wigan and Everton have also made bids and other clubs are interested as well.

If I decide to sell Andrew then I will be selling him at a price which suits me."

It is understood that Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp - who has been given a huge fighting fund this summer - has made a fresh approach.

Spurs are also monitoring developments as manager Martin Jol is an admirer of England international Johnson and may make a move if Liverpool made a fresh bid for Jermain Defoe.

It would be a massive blow for Palace to lose Johnson, but Jordan - after fighting to keep him last summer following relegation - will not be able to hold on to him this time. That is a major setback after they lost Dowie yesterday - as revealed in Mirror Sport - who left by "mutual consent".

Dowie went claiming that he wanted to be nearer his family in Bolton but he is in the frame for the Charlton job, while Preston and Middlesbrough are also possibilities. But Dowie goes with Jordan not having to give him a £1m kiss-off and is now free to look for a new job.

Jordan said "The predominant reason for this decision is that Iain has spent two-and-a-half years with a considerable geographical difference between himself and his family. The club has waived a considerable sum in compensation, while Iain has waved a considerable contract."

Dowie said: "I would never talk about other clubs. It is disrespectful. I leave here with a very heavy heart. It is just time for another challenge."

MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN?

SOUEY'S HISTORY

CONTROVERSIAL manager who takes few prisoners.

Fell out with former Liverpool team-mate Phil Thompson - whom he sacked as an Anfield coach - and Kop fans over his links with The Sun newspaper.

He squabbled with Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke at Blackburn and Craig Bellamy at Newcastle.

Sou is a hate figure for fans of Turkish club Fenerbahce after planting a Galatasaray flag in their pitch after a Cup final win.

JORDAN'S HISTORY

HAS a reputation for wanting people to do things his way - or they hit the road.

Six managers have come and gone since the mobile phone magnate bought Palace in 2000.

He also hit the headlines over his hard-hitting attacks on enemies in the game including Birmingham backers David Gold and David Sullivan, who he branded "dildototing owners", and Charlton fans, who he called "imbeciles".

Plans to appeal a £10,000 FA fine after blasting referee Brian Curson in his newspaper column.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ve--dowie-s-out-----souey-s-in-name_page.html

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If Taylor turned down premiership Charlton why on earth would he want to take on Palace?

He's already in charge of a team with more fans and a much better ground, and they're in the same division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here