Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please don't give MURRAY any JIP on Saturday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
YOU may not know. Others who choose to boo him may actually know for sure. What you gonna do then?

I'm quite confident no one here knows for sure, as it sounds like nothing has been decided for definite yet. Still, that never stopped the witchhunt last time, why would it this time round?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The fact Jake Robinson is saying he has heard this a few times now recently and it is a story, means there is SOME legs on it, but I do find it hard to be anything other than agent speak

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If hes of to Palace Gus wont pick him its simple, were up. If he plays saturday im sure its all bollox.

Either way I dont give a shit, Id be delighted if he signs a new contract and stays if not we move on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
By this logic, every player always needs to make a statement every time any of them are ever linked to any club. Correct?

When it's as fuelled as the Bennett one and this one yes. I won't be booing, as I won't be there but if Murray goes to Palace he really can go f*** himself as far as I'm concerned....any other club but NOT Palace. Maybe you have to be a certain age to understand that,

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I sincerely hope those on here saying they think booing is justified are on a wind up. Murray hasn't yet signed a new contract, and has (somewhat inevitably) been linked with other clubs, including our rivals. So what? As others have pointed out, Bennett slapped in a transfer request earlier in the season yet still gets cheered to the rafters.

The difference between the 2 (for me at least) is that Bennett was being unsettled and chased by another club offering him who knows what, he's a young lad and was obviously flattered to be linked to them. Murray appears to be looking of his own accord and appears to be doing a Hammond-if rumours are to be believed.

Stay or go? Either way I won't be booing him unless I see him in that pukey Red and Blue shite.

The difference between the 2 (for me at least) is that Bennett was being unsettled and chased by another club offering him who knows what, he's a young lad and was obviously flattered to be linked to them. Murray appears to be looking of his own accord and appears to be doing a Hammond-if rumours are to be believed.

Stay or go? Either way I won't be booing him unless I see him in that pukey Red and Blue shite.

Appears based on what? That he's been linked with other clubs? Can you really blame his agent for looking at/talking to other clubs? If he can't agree a new contract with us do you not think his agent would be a bit amiss to have no idea who's out there looking for a striker like Murray?

I'd hate it if he signed for Palace, sure. However I find it hard to feel antagonised towards a player who doesn't have the loyalties that we do and who is ultimately looking out for a job for himself. It'd just be a reason to boo and harangue the scum even more when we play them next season. I certainly wouldn't hold it against him on the basis of rumour and hearsay.

Whilst I have no interest in booing him, I would say that;

1) Bear in mind that some of the people posting on this thread know more than is in the public domain.
2) Leaving us for Palace for the sake of a few quid makes him a DICK. 2 years ago then fine, understandable but annoying. Now however? No sorry, you are a DICK.
3) Letting your agent release a story like that to Sky with 5 games remaining makes you a DICK.
4) Refusing to deny the stories if they are not true, knowing the rivalry and being our headline top scorer, well, it makes you a DICK.
5) Like it or not being a professional footballer carries a responsibility to the fans. If he doesn't want to be boo'd then he knows what he has to do. It's not rocket science. If he doesn't, he is a DICK.

Hope you stay though Glenn :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Threads like these make me realise how stupid some of our fans are. Murray's been linked to another club?!?! What a twat, lets boo him....:facepalm:.
For the record I reckon this is just tactics from Murray and his agent to try and improve his contract terms

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Over the fact a rival club is sniffing around him and is likely to offer him a deal.

Hold the witch hunt back until / if he actually leaves.

Some people really want to have their cake and eat it.

This single source rumour has been given credibility in several places by your "inside" information

Still at least you will be able to write a good piece next week, about Albion fans turning on one of their own, it could be worth a new tracksuit top.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
How can Murray make a statement about a rumour, as yet he has not been offered a new deal so he can't be in a position to know if is staying or going. The club need to sit down with him and offer him a deal and now promotion is secured they are in better position to do this. Can't believe a headline on Sky can make so many numpties throw their rattles out the pram........................I'm sure there will be a few more rumours over the summer about players and even Gus! To boo Murray just shows the power of the media over some of mentally challenged fans!!!!

How can Murray make a statement about a rumour

May I direct you to this comment...

"I would like to do it like Sir Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger," added Poyet. "If we are improving and getting better, even if it is slowly, and if we are playing the way I want to, then I will be here for many, many years."

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some people really want to have their cake and eat it.

This single source rumour has been given credibility in several places by your "inside" information

Still at least you will be able to write a good piece next week, about Albion fans turning on one of their own, it could be worth a new tracksuit top.

It is true Palace are interested. I have also been told that they are likely to be offering a better financial package. But Glenn has not signed yet. And who knows whether Bloom et al will respond with a better offer?

He may go. It would not surprise me. I would give him stick then. But not now, while still a Brighton player and still considering our offer.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
1) Bear in mind that some of the people posting on this thread know more than is in the public domain.
2) Leaving us for Palace for the sake of a few quid makes him a DICK. 2 years ago then fine, understandable but annoying. Now however? No sorry, you are a DICK.

I know more than I have said on this thread. But, he has not signed yet. And, if Palace offer him considerably more money for what will be his biggest payday career wise does not really make him a dick. Just someone who is professional rather than a Brighton fan.

I know more than I have said on this thread. But, he has not signed yet. And, if Palace offer him considerably more money for what will be his biggest payday career wise does not really make him a dick. Just someone who is professional rather than a Brighton fan.

As a professional, surely he wants to play in a winning team, in a nice stadium with adoring fans? Surely he dreams of success and glory and not just £££'s? If not, then he is a DICK. Do you think he should go to play for Crawley next season if they offer him say 25% more than we do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here