Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playing Albion crowd noise through the PA in the away end

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As they keep telling us on twitter - it was our Cup Final - apparently.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
It's cute when a a "super club" like Leeds has fans that are willing to chuck outlandish garbage out into social media because they lost to Brighton. Adorable bunch of scamps

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't think this is true. For one. I'm not sure they could isolate one section of the PA could they? Also, if they did do this, why wouldn't they do it in the home end too? To HELP with the atmosphere.

I'd suggest that seeing as the WSU was loud last night, the sound did funny things with the roof.

Really? You think that the atmosphere needed "HELP" last night? Too funny!

It was the best atmosphere for a very long time. The atmosphere was cracking because of the great performance on the pitch. The NS never stopped singing (although we weren't necessarily all singing the same song at the same time). If you really thought the atmosphere was poor last night then I feel for you, I really do!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Champions of Europe as they told us in the queue for the train to Falmer...

So the club sticks a microphone in one of the stands, records the noise, and then plays it back over the speakers, but ONLY in the away stand. Yeah, because that's the first thing you'd think of during a football match? Had they not realised that they were surrounded by Albion fans, and maybe it came from those home supporters?

If I'm wrong, I'll take it all back, but I doubt it happened.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

It was the best atmosphere for a very long time. The atmosphere was cracking because of the great performance on the pitch. The NS never stopped singing (although we weren't necessarily all singing the same song at the same time). If you really thought the atmosphere was poor last night then I feel for you, I really do!

Don't agree with this I'm afraid. Well, it might have been the best for a while, but it was still quiet (silent sometimes) for long periods (from what I heard in the East). Not helped, admittedly, by big gaps in the stands and people leaving from 78-ish minutes. Quite bizarre and I couldn't believe how few people were left at the end.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Read my post again before you feel too sorry for me. Did I say it was poor? No. I said it was loud :facepalm:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Leeds fans have a reputation for being some of the most knowledgeable and sensible fans around, I'll be emailing Barber straight away to address this issue.

SAC

May 21, 2014
This isn't the first time that it has been alleged though, according to the similar threads links. If the club have denied it then that should be an end to it.

If you can isolate the Tannoy for the away end then why not pipe through Achy Breaky Heart or Crazy Frog instead?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would imagine, that the suggestion above, that they were unaware that there are Albion fans in boxes above them, is the answer to this.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Don't agree with this I'm afraid. Well, it might have been the best for a while, but it was still quiet (silent sometimes) for long periods (from what I heard in the East). Not helped, admittedly, by big gaps in the stands and people leaving from 78-ish minutes. Quite bizarre and I couldn't believe how few people were left at the end.

Until we have a transport manager to listens to the fans and their concerns regarding after match transport, and acts on them, then this will continue to be the case.

Shame, as the players deserved a full Amex at the final whistle.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Bet you any money they're on about the montage on the big screen, as has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread. And it has been alleged before, by an equally dim away fan whose club I don't recall.

Really if this kind of thing needs explaining to the Leeds fan then it's probably too complex an idea for him to understand anyway.

He may be shocked to hear that Ring of Fire wasn't being performed live by an in-house band, too. It was a recording, so the plot thickens.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Until we have a transport manager to listens to the fans and their concerns regarding after match transport, and acts on them, then this will continue to be the case.

Shame, as the players deserved a full Amex at the final whistle.

See, I don't get this. In previous seasons I've got the bus back to Shoreham-by-Sea and it's been fine - largely because it leaves at a set time. While there might be a bit of hanging around, it's obviously going to take a bit of time to clear all the people out of the stadium. This season (for a number of reasons), I've switched to the train, which is also fine.

Last night, I left at the final whistle, joined the queue for trains back to Brighton – which was stationary for about five minutes, but then moved steadily – and was back in time to pick up the 22:03 (I think) from Brighton to Shoreham-by-Sea, and was home by just after 10:30! People that were doing the same journey that left before then end would have maybe saved 20 minutes? Wow!

So that's experiences of two different types of transport away from the stadium, and no major problems with either of them :shrug:

SAC

May 21, 2014
See, I don't get this. In previous seasons I've got the bus back to Shoreham-by-Sea and it's been fine - largely because it leaves at a set time. While there might be a bit of hanging around, it's obviously going to take a bit of time to clear all the people out of the stadium. This season (for a number of reasons), I've switched to the train, which is also fine.

Last night, I left at the final whistle, joined the queue for trains back to Brighton – which was stationary for about five minutes, but then moved steadily – and was back in time to pick up the 22:03 (I think) from Brighton to Shoreham-by-Sea, and was home by just after 10:30! People that were doing the same journey that left before then end would have maybe saved 20 minutes? Wow!

So that's experiences of two different types of transport away from the stadium, and no major problems with either of them :shrug:

You should be grateful to the thousands who leave early. Without them you would probably be in a longer queue for the train and back home later!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Lots of chat about it being the pre-match montage. Knowing it is illegal (well, not permitted then) to play home support over the PA during a match, is pre-match singing permitted or should it just be music to get the crowd going. So Ring of Fire could have the Amex backing singers on it right up until the ref blows his whistle, at which point it goes very quiet.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

I guess you are towards the North end of the stadium because I am in the SWC, left my seat on the final whistle and made brisk progress to the station. Long queue but it was moving. Felt I was making good time to Brighton.

However, I was then stuck in the huge queue at Brighton until the 22:33 Littlehampton train and I would have had to have left my seat quite a bit earlier to have made an earlier train from Falmer to make the same train as you from Brighton.

I think where you sit in the stadium has a huge bearing on whether the journey home seems easy or not. Sat at the front row of the SWC means that leaving at the final whistle makes for quite a long journey home because by the time I get to the train queue, half of the North, East and West stands are already there! Having said that, it's a rare occasion that I would sacrifice the last 5-10 minutes of the game to avoid this - I just take it as part and parcel of where we sit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here