Barnes LM not ST

Then after the red.

Calde CB
Orlandi LB
After Orlandi's injury, Bridcutt LB
CMS RM
Buckley LM
Barnes CAM

You cannot afford to have that many players out of position, it clearly doesn't work.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It wasn't an option today was it. Orlandi is clearly a central midfielder, he's played there since we signed him. I'd like him on the left wing so we can stop wasting a striker playing there but he seems to play from the right of the centre which is just baffling to me... despite the fact it has worked recently, it makes our team so lopsided.

Our strongest 11 is as good as anything anyone else has in this league, but we're still in the process of upgrading all areas of the squad. Clearly we're short on centre backs, we only really have three of them and we're now going to need El-Abd bad fit for next week. Saying that though, I thought Calderon had a good game at centre back. I wouldn't want him there permanently because I don't think he has the discipline, but he's a decent option to have.

I get your point in starting this thread, but I don't think it's really relevant today when we had no other options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here