Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Can be bothered to do them all, but Buckley was very very impressive again, Vincelot looks an excellnet buy, very very tidy player, Dunk and Greer played okay, buy were below Sats performance, Noone caused problems all night without any real end result, Casper was very quiet and had little to do, Dicker was poor in the first half, and very lucky not to give another goal away. Mackail-Smith was non exisitent, and the referee was once again shockingly poor. Fat little ****

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Can be bothered to do them all, but Buckley was very very impressive again, Vincelot looks an excellnet buy, very very tidy player, Dunk and Greer played okay, buy were below Sats performance, Noone caused problems all night without any real end result, Casper was very quiet and had little to do, Dicker was poor in the first half, and very lucky not to give another goal away. Mackail-Smith was non exisitent, and the referee was once again shockingly poor. Fat little ****

You're right, CMS just didn't turn up tonight.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Ankergren - 7 - not a lot to do but done the basics well and made one good save in particular early on
Calderon - 7.5 - got forward well, and done the basics
Dunk - 7 - didn't look out of place, done well again.
Greer - 7.5 - same old gordon
Painter - 7 again couldn't knock him today
Buckley - 7 - showed his quality but still so much more to come from him when Gus moulds him properly
Bridcutt - 7 - done basics well but a little quieter then usual
Dicker - 6.5 - not a great game for him but still done well
Vincelot - 8 - looked quality, two great feet!
Noone - 7 - looking sharper every game .. all he needs now is a little bit more luck!
Barnes - 7 - quiet to be honest but worked hard and did the important bit

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Casper 7 - two very good saves

Calderon 7 - more like the early part of last season again
Painter 7 - steady
Dunk 7 - harshly booked
Greer 8 - A rock, brilliant clearance off the line

Dicker 6 - better than Saturday, one woeful passs across the goal early on.
Bridcutt 6 - ok, but not as effective as Saturday.
Vincelot 7 - decent debut
Noone 7 - exciting as always but final product lacking
Buckley 7 - see above

Barnes 6 - sometimes doesn't seem to get a shot off, when he should. Led the line better Saturday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Casper 7 - heart in mouth time when he came out of his box early, thankfully Painter (?) was covering the line, did well in a not too busy for him game.

Calderon 7.5 - better than saturday, more comfortable, still hard working and constantly available.
Painter 7.5 - very good, effective performance, alert to dangers and positioned well accordingly.
Dunk 8 - Another very good performance, you can't tell he's only playing because of injuries to el abd and elphick.
Greer 7 - Far too many errant passes today. Not up to his usual standard, but otherwise solid.

Dicker 7 - a few loose passes early on, but generally solid, and a few good blocks, and worked hard
Bridcutt 8 - Very effective, worked hard, linked up play from all parts of the midfield.
Vincelot 8 - Very good debut, worked hard, created, linked well, and looked to have the strength to hold the ball up even after an energy sapping run late in the game.
Noone 8 - Very positive contribution to the game, needs to release the ball sooner, trying to take on one man too many, or cut back one more time, but can put in some great crosses and of course has pace to scare defendors
Buckley 8 - Had great strength, positive going forward, makes things happen. Great addition to the team

Barnes 7 - Playing he solo role up front isn't the best way to use him, but he did decent enough. Can seem as if he wants the ball to sit perfectly before he'll shoot, but I think his clean through chance today (and the one on one on saturday) just weren't sitting for him quickly enough. Confident penalty, dispatched with decisiveness.

Overall we thoroughly deserved the win. I thought our dominance should have seen more chances, but gillingham were well organised and quite stubborn. They seemed to tire and despair leading to some untidy (to say the least) challenges.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
casper 7
dunk 8
greer 8
calderon 7
painter 7
bridcott 6
dicker 7
noone 7
buckley 8
vincolet 7
barnes 6

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Casper 6

Calde 6
Dunk 6
Greer 7
Painter 7

Noone 7
Bridcutt 7
Dicker-6
Vincelot 7
Buckley 8 MOM

Barnes 6

Ref 4 (Bottle job and got the pen wrong)

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Casper 7 - heart in mouth time when he came out of his box early, thankfully Painter (?) was covering the line, did well in a not too busy for him game.

Calderon 7.5 - better than saturday, more comfortable, still hard working and constantly available.
Painter 7.5 - very good, effective performance, alert to dangers and positioned well accordingly.
Dunk 8 - Another very good performance, you can't tell he's only playing because of injuries to el abd and elphick.
Greer 7 - Far too many errant passes today. Not up to his usual standard, but otherwise solid.

Dicker 7 - a few loose passes early on, but generally solid, and a few good blocks, and worked hard
Bridcutt 8 - Very effective, worked hard, linked up play from all parts of the midfield.
Vincelot 8 - Very good debut, worked hard, created, linked well, and looked to have the strength to hold the ball up even after an energy sapping run late in the game.
Noone 8 - Very positive contribution to the game, needs to release the ball sooner, trying to take on one man too many, or cut back one more time, but can put in some great crosses and of course has pace to scare defendors
Buckley 8 - Had great strength, positive going forward, makes things happen. Great addition to the team

Barnes 7 - Playing he solo role up front isn't the best way to use him, but he did decent enough. Can seem as if he wants the ball to sit perfectly before he'll shoot, but I think his clean through chance today (and the one on one on saturday) just weren't sitting for him quickly enough. Confident penalty, dispatched with decisiveness.

Overall we thoroughly deserved the win. I thought our dominance should have seen more chances, but gillingham were well organised and quite stubborn. They seemed to tire and despair leading to some untidy (to say the least) challenges.

Seems pretty spot on to me. Interesting what you say about Dunk only being there because EL Abd & Elphick are injured. I think I would much rather have Dunk in the team than Elphick now.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Ankergren 5 - spilled the only 2 saves he had to make and had it not been for Greer and then Calde clearing off the line, could've had an embarassing evening.
Painter 6 - bit quiet, caught out of position a couple of times and silly to get involved in the Vincelot incident and pick up a yellow.
Calderon 6.5 - game of 2 halves, thought he was anonymous and misplaced a few passed in the 1st half, back to his roaming best after the break.
Dunk 7 - a lot of time for him, he's strong, quick, positionally good, comfortable on the ball, good in the air...just a shame he's 2 for 2 on bookings.
Greer 7 - goalline clearance was heroic, always makes himself available to Casper, but sold Bridcutt/Dicker short on a couple of occasions.
Dicker 6 - another very average performance by his standards, turned into too many tackles and passing was a bit sloppy.
Bridcutt 7 - tidy as always and brave to take a kick in the face but does risk being tackled in dangerous areas.
Vincelot 8 - had a great game, very tidy, well-rounded player. Jumps about 15 feet in the air too, could be an asset from set-pieces.
Buckley 8.5 MOM - looks a hell of a player. Roamed both wings, quick, can cross, loves running at people - Elliot who?
Noone 7 - drifted in and out of it, a couple of brilliant runs, especially the firs half hour, but also a couple of very loose passes and lost it in silly areas.
Barnes 7 - took the pen well and has definitely beefed up this year, did a better job of holding it up and ran the channels selflessly.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Correct analysis from where I was sat!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Very impressed with Vincelot. Thought he might struggle for a few games until he got into our style of play and used to the size of the pitch, but he was great last night.

harriri2000

Apr 7, 2011
Buckley was bloody superb, he has great pace, unlike Vincelot who got himself in some good positions but didnt have the pace to follow it up. still he made some very good passings.

My biggest disppointment was from Barnes, in the first half he just couldnt hit the target... good pen though!

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
These scores are quite high. We didn't play that well but it was job done.

IMO
casper 7
dunk 6
greer 7
calderon 7
painter 7
bridcott 7
dicker 6
noone 7
buckley 8
vincolet 7
barnes 6.5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that generally we were just about ok, nothing special.

Buckley was good, Vincelot looked very promising, thought Barnes lacked a bit and Dicker was again poor got caught in possession too much, Didn't think Dunk was as good last night and at this rate of a booking every game we will need a deputy for him by the end of August. Needless booking last night pulling player back by his failure to control the ball and deal with it hence allowing the attacker to dispossess him. Other than that he was ok but not so self assured as Saturday.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Thought that generally we were just about ok, nothing special.

Buckley was good, Vincelot looked very promising, thought Barnes lacked a bit and Dicker was again poor got caught in possession too much, Didn't think Dunk was as good last night and at this rate of a booking every game we will need a deputy for him by the end of August. Needless booking last night pulling player back by his failure to control the ball and deal with it hence allowing the attacker to dispossess him. Other than that he was ok but not so self assured as Saturday.

Pretty much agree with all of that. I think most of the marks given above are way to high, we really didn't play that well considering we were playing a div 4 side that will be lucky to get anyway near the playoffs. We hardly had a shot on target, and many on here seemed to think the pen was a bit dodgy too. Buckley and Vincelot worth a 7 then the rest scaled back from there. I know we were missing CMS/KLL/Hokins, but the bench looked a bit thin to me, not really anyone there that you could trust to come on and have an impact had they been needed which would explain why they wern'y used even though we were stuggling to score.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Ankergren (7) - Comfortable, distribution great as usual and he made a fantastic save from Lee in the second half!

Calderon (7) - Passing was good, positioning was good and seems to be back to his normal Calde self
Dunk (8) - I thought he was really good again apart from the lead up to his yellow I don't think he put a foot wrong all night
Greer (7) - Solid and great goal-line clearance but I noticed his passing wasn't at best tonight with more than two going wayward
Painter (7) - His usual consistently impressive performance! Booked for being rightly angry about THAT challenge on Vincelot

Buckley (8) - Consistent threat with his pace, strength and crossing ability. When he properly becomes used to our style he will be a FANTASTIC player
Dicker (6.5) - Passing nowhere near his high standards, with the sloppy pass in front of our area standing out, but his tackling and positioning meant he didn't have that bad a game
Bridcutt (7.5) - Excellent player, though not his best performance - I noticed that when Ankergren had the ball they would tightly mark Bridders meaning we couldn't do our normal thing
Vincelot (7.5) - An excellent and very promising debut. He looked a bundle of energy and his distribution was class. That overhead kick in the first half was hilarious although thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch after he got taken out - thought it could have been serious
Noone (7.5) - Very good again! Consistently beat his man and has such tricky feet he will be very important this season!

Barnes (7.5) - I watched him quite closely and his touch and passing has vastly improved over the summer as has his hold up ability. Very well taken penalty, and I thought he had a pretty good game considering he is not going to be used to leading the line by himself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here