Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
..as nobody seems to be posting tonight:

Sullivan - 2 - absolutely pony for 2 of the goals, although only one kick into touch which was an improvement
Virgo - 4 - Didn't think he was as bad as some people made out, but still got 'done' far too often, and even if the penalty was a dive, leaving a trailing leg in the penalty area is asking for trouble
Elphick - 3 - all over the place
Hinshelwood - 3 - Directly at fault for at least one of the goals, also all over the shop
McNulty - 4 - scored, bugger all else really. Gloves and a t-shirt?
Carole - 6 - a blinding first half with two assists(ish), sussed out in the second half though and did bugger all
Jarrett - 2 - I have no doubts he's a good player, but he was absolute GASH tonight
El-Abd - 3 - didn't do much 'holding' if he was the holding midfielder - game went past him
Forster - 2- abysmal, but not really his fault, RIDICULOUS decision to play him out wide when he's the one who's been scoring recently. Don't recall seeing him moan or dive once though - amazing.
Andrew - 2 - can go back to palace on that display, did nothing
Davies - 5 - won't get an easier debut goal, but didn't do anything else really. Looks FAST though.

I suppose the only encouragement is the fact that they are quite good?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Sullivan - 4
Virgo - 4
Elphick - 5
Hinshelwood - 4
McNulty - 6
Carole - 7
Jarrett - 4
El-Abd - 4
Forster - 5
Andrew - 5
Davies - 6

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sullivan - 4
Virgo - 3
Elphick - 3
Hinshelwood - 4
McNulty - 5
Carole - 7 for the 1st half & 2 for the 2nd half
Jarrett - 5
El Abd - 4
Forster - 6
Andrew - 5
Davies - 7

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Sullivan - 4 Conceded 4 goals (ok penno wasnt his fault) but should have dine better on 2 of the goals

Virgo - 4 Had an ok-ish game but got raped by Boyd and gave away the penno, even if it was a bit dodgy
Elphick - 4 Won some important tackles but nothing special
Hinshelwood - 3 I hope he is still trying to find his feet after so long out, looking good at some points but was at fault for one goal and had some shaky moments.
McNulty - 6 Looked good on Debut and scored a good goal at an important time. Will get better I think

Carole - 7 MOM. Quality 1st half, everything went through him and always looked dangerous but got found out in the 2nd half and wasnt getting the service he did in the 1st half
Jarrett - 4 I liked him at Leicester and thaught he was a good player but wasnt up to that standard tonight
El Abd - 4 Hard to play the 'holding role' when the ball isnt near you but made some good tackles and did ok at Right Back.

Forster - 6 Ran all night but not a right winger. I think he was a victim of Adams trying to change the game without making a sub so early!
Andrew - 6 Good game from the Scummer. Will be good for us.
Davies - 7 Good goal on Debut and was deadly quick. Made out HOOOOFS into the corners lok better because he could catch them!

Overall, we played well 1st half but as soon as the sussed out our 'everything must go through Carole' tactics it all went wrong! I hope they can work out a plan 'B' for the future

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sullivan - 4 - Somewhat at fault for 2 of their goals, therefore difficult to praise him

Virgo - 4 - Thought he was very poor tonight, especially when he moved up to right wing
Hinsh - 5 - At fault for at least one of their goals
Elphick - 5 - Looked shaky, seems to be the norm for him this season
McNulty - 6 - Looked good first half, not so good second (as with the whole team)

Carole - 7 - Brilliant in the first half, very quiet in the second although this was undoubtedly partly to do with Peterborough
Jarrett - 6 - Can't blame the midfield for getting overrun with the attacking formation we had, fairly anonymous though.
El-Abd - 5 - Similar to Jarrett, don't think it's entirely the fault of these two but they weren't great

Forster - 6 - Out of position but still got involved in his usual way, and as usual was the one creating things when the chips were down
Andrew - 4 - After a great performance last time out he was poor tonight, I don't think he won a thing in the air
Davies - 6 - Similar to Andrew, although clearly has a different game. Won't get many easier goals but he put the ball in and that counts.

Subs:
Cox - 6 - Couldn't change the game much

I don't know how we scored 2 goals to be honest, I thought the Posh defence was fantastic - considering we had two big strikers trying to get their head on long balls, the centre backs gave us nothing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sullivan 5 Had better days and kicking has dropped off
Virgo 4 Totally exposed and caught out by winger running at him.
Elphick 3 What has happened to him
Hinshlewood 3 Poor in all areas, needs a spell on the bench?
McNulty 7 Good going forward will need to face a better winger to decide fully as to his defensive ability.
Carole 6 Exciting but no end product too often.
El Abd 4 Needed somebody else to give the ball to when he won it.
Jarrett 7 Plenty of effort and commitment but needed 3rd midfielder.
Forster 4 Totally wasted ,out of position, one of his poorest games for us but not his fault.
Andrew 6 Posed a threat but didnt win enough balls.
Davies 7 Good poachers goal looked a bit raw but will be a success.

Subs:

Cox 5 Made no difference when he came on didnt get into the game.
Fraser 5 Same as Cox.

Management 3 Once again out thought at half time which is becoming a worry

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sullivan 4 - Doesn't/didn't communicate with his defence, indecisive. I'm sure will come good - hopefully just an off-day

Virgo 4 - Dreadful - never a penalty, but caused the incident by jumping in near halfway line.
Elphick 5 - Disappointing, form has dropped off - confidence looks low.
Hinshlewood 5 - Not 'match fit'
McNulty 7 - Good debut, worked well with Carole in first half.

Carole 7 - Good first half - starved of the ball in the 2nd.
El Abd 5 - Game passed him by.
Jarrett 4 - Awful, can't pass. Chases the ball in the wrong areas. Worst of the new players for me.

Forster 6 - Tried hard, but not a winger.
Andrew 6 - No service.
Davies 7 - Best player for me, worked hard - capped a good debut with a goal.

Subs:

Cox 4 - Pointless.
Fraser 4 - Why?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sullivan - 8
Mcnulty - 8
Elphick - 8
Hinshelwood - 8
Virgo - 0
El Abd - 8
Jarrett - 8
Forster - 8
Andrew - 8
Davies - 8
Carole - 8

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Sullivan - 4
Virgo - 3
Elphick - 6
Hinshelwood - 3
McNulty - 6
Carole - 7 1st half, 4 2nd half
Jarrett - 4
El-Abd - 3
Forster - 3
Andrew - 4
Davies - 6

Cox - Looked lively, should have come on for Forster at least by the 60 min mark.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sullivan - 4 - very poor for 2nd goal kicking was dire and put the ball to them an dus under pressure
Virgo - 4 - never looked in control - not really in his posiition at full back
Elphick - 6 - out of position at times, but most reliable defender.
Hinshelwood - 5 - out of poosition - not working as a unit tonight
McNulty - 6 - scored and looked good on the ball, looks a good buy, but got caught in possession too often and that cost us
Carole - 6 - game of two halves - second one best forgotten!
Jarrett - 5 - Worst performance for Albion to date
El-Abd - 5 - didn't do much, not a creative midfield player
Forster - 5- work rate good as usual, but what was he being asked to do and why?
Andrew - 5 - didn't do anything like as well as on his debut.
Davies - 6 - won't get an easier debut goal, but was there to take it which was great. Hold ball up well.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Sullivan- 5- Not as commanding or vocal as he has been
Virgo- 4- Not his position and exposed because we did not really have a right sided midfield player.
Elphick- 6 - looked nervous maybe because of Virgo?
Hinshlewood- 5- Maybe needs a rest, would perhaps play Virgo there against Carlisle.
McNulty-6- Still finding his feet, good going forward.
Al-Abd-5- Not a midfield player, does the best he can.
Jarrett-8- Our best player by a mile. Strong in the tackle and powerful running forward.
Carole- 7- Very dangerous in the first half, needs to be given the ball when he is in space.
Forster-5- Out of position and it showed.
Andrew- 6- Held the ball up quite well, won a fair number in the air.
Davies-6- Good debut, kept going, followed up well for the goal.

Fraser-4- Not enough time to do anything.
Cox- 4- Same, should have come on earlier for Forster.

Management- Decision to play Forster wide right cost us the game as it left Virgo exposed. 3 of the 4 goals came down that side. Also it meant that one of our most effective players was playing out of position.
Whilst it is nice to have more then 2 strikers at the club it is not necessary to play them all, and Micky needs to decide his partnership for Carlisle and go back to 4-4-2.
Personally I would go with Forster and Davies.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Jarrett - 2 - I have no doubts he's a good player, but he was absolute GASH tonight

Jarrett 7 Plenty of effort and commitment but needed 3rd midfielder.

Jarrett 4 - Awful, can't pass. Chases the ball in the wrong areas. Worst of the new players for me.

Jarrett-8- Our best player by a mile. Strong in the tackle and powerful running forward.

Jarrett 7 - quality in the first half, still decent in the second. I like him LOTS.

:shrug:

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sullivan - 2 Haven't been impressed with him at all yet and believe he's contributed to us conceding quite a few goals now, definitely time for FDM to come back. Especially as we're in a relegation battle and mistakes are going to prove costly.

Virgo - 4 Not a great performance, Boyd ripped him to shreds.
Elphick - 4 At times great, at others woeful. No consistancy at the moment.
Hinshelwood - 5 Similar to Elphick really, can be good, can be poor. Can't seem to concerntrate for 90 mins.
McNulty - 7 Looked pretty decent. Tried to keep the ball on the floor instead of lumping it and got himself a goal.

Carole - 7 For his first half performance alone. Maybe held onto the ball a bit too long at times but a constant danger. Second half anonymous.
Jarrett - 5 Probably his worst game so far for us. He did get about the pitch a lot but wasn't good on the ball.
El-Abd - 6 A bit better than Jarrett overall, but would prefer Livermore to be given a go in the middle for a few games.

Forster - 5 Great effort but little reward.
Andrew - 5 Quite quiet overall, think Murray will replace him straight away whenever he returns to fitness.
Davies - 7 Committed, pacy and usually a threat when he had the ball. Showed some nice touches and looks very promising.

Cox - Didn't really get involved in open play. Took a few set pieces, most were poor though.

Fraser/McLeod - Not enough time to have any impact.

Adams 5 - Good starting line up, but didn't change things early enough in the second half.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here