Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers 6. Not a lot to do, but a couple of iffy moments.

Whing 8. Keeps getting better. A great signing.

ElAbd 6. Outjumped by their striker. Couple of dodgy moments. I would like to see Guy back.

Elphick 8. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Richards 7. Gets better with every game.

Robinson 7. Lucky goal. Not his best game.

O'Callaghan 8. Class ... except for a couple of dangerously wayward passes.

Hammond 7. Good game, but nothing spectacular.

Martot 7. Best game for the Albion, but missed a sitter in the second half and should also have done better with a header later on.

Forster 8. Very good game. Now I know why we signed him.

Savage 9. MOM without doubt. He was everywhere. Some great touches for a big guy. And his heading appears to be much improved.

Sub
Cox 7.

Manager 7. Would have been a 9, but why did he make the substitution (OK, so maybe Forster couldn't handle 90 mins after injury and sickness)? And why bring on Cox who played so poorly on Sat? He should have brought on Elder.

Team performance 9. If we continue to play like this we can make the playoffs or even an automatic promotion spot!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

ElAbd 6. Outjumped by their striker. Couple of dodgy moments. I would like to see Guy back.

Martot 7. Best game for the Albion, but missed a sitter in the second half and should also have done better with a header later on.

Savage 9. MOM without doubt. He was everywhere. Some great touches for a big guy. And his heading appears to be much improved.

Sub
Cox 7.

Manager 7. Would have been a 9, but why did he make the substitution (OK, so maybe Forster couldn't handle 90 mins after injury and sickness)? And why bring on Cox who played so poorly on Sat? He should have brought on Elder.

Team performance 9. If we continue to play like this we can make the playoffs or even an automatic promotion spot!!

Don't agree with the O'Callaghan mark thought he gave the ball away too much and tried to be fancy in the wrong places. would like to see move upfield rather than look for the 50 yard killer pass

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Kuipers 6. One good save but nowt else

Whing 7. did alright

ElAbd 6. did alright bar a couple of dodgy clearances

Elphick 7. did alright

Richards 7. which one was he? :D

Robinson 7. did alright, only a 7 for goal, would've got 6 as he looks for the killer ball too often

O'Callaghan 7. Whats he got against the French then? shouting at Martot all game...weird!

Hammond 6. Average, started well but just seemed lost in the middle and gave the ball away too often for my liking

Martot 7. did alright, has potential

Forster 7. never got a decent shot on goal, and for a striker thats not good enough, but did alright

Savage 7. won the headers, plopped around with the ball quite often, made his presence felt, but overall did nothing out of the extraordinary.

Sub
Cox 10. MOM for me just cos he's a MIDGET in the STRIPES.....WICKERD!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 6 - didn't have anything to do apart from a screamer of a goal
Whing - 7- turned into trouble a few times, but generally sound
Elphick - 6 - shrugged off to easily for the goal
El-Abd - 7- didn't do anything wrong
Richards - 7 - solid, but weak distribution
Martot - 6 - his best game today as he actually seem to try, but still didn't look like he can cut it at this level
O'callaghan - 6 - in control, but too much sideways passing
Hammond - 6 - more influential, but again wasteful with posession
Robinson - 7 - shinner effort but it's a goal. Lots of bright running
Forster - 5 - i don't think i've seen a more lazy player in my life.
Savage - 7- erratic, could probably have done better with a couple of half chances

Cox - 6- energetic, looked like he'd had a rocket up the arse, although we conceded as soon as he came on.

Can't help but wonder why we didn't throw on a striker at 1-1...were we happy with a draw? It was all rather negative - lots of possession, no end product.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Do not agree with Elphick and the comment thought he was very mediocre this eveing and was led a merry dance for their chap to have a shot and score. Not one of his best games but perhaps we are getting to expect too much from him and are forgetting that he is still only 19 and inexperienced.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

----------------------------------------

it's all down to opinions but I can't believe we watched the same match!

I agree. Richards was my MOM - I thought mainly due to his distribution. It's nice to see a full back not give the ball away and keep checking inside. How many times would Mayo have 'chipped' it down the line?

Forster?? Thought he was excellent, very sharp and encouragingly quick for a 34 year old. Confident he will finish the season with at least 15 goals (if he stays fit).

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Kuipers - Not much to do, could do nothing about the goal, a good save, dodgy kicking
Whing - Solid but sometimes that long crossfield ball is pointless especially to Cox
Elphick - Wins every header but hoofs it to much
El-abd - No complaints
Richards - Looked good, touch let him down once or twice
Robinson - Look up
Hammond and G.O.C - They are the same type of player making the same movements, I think we should push O'callaghan right on as an AM to give more support to forwards or vise versa.
Martot - Good in the air and good workrate, missed a sitter that in the end cost us
Forster - Really good tonight
Savage - Won loads of headers, did well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would loved to have awarded Martot a nine, because if he had put away that chance , and lets be honest he should have hit the target from that range, then that is the mark he would have got in his best performance so far in a Albion shirt.

also crappy header at the end.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kuipers 7

Whing 7

ElAbd 6

Elphick 8

Richards 6

Robinson 8

O'Callaghan 8

Hammond 7

Martot 7

Forster 7

Savage 9. MOM

Cox 7.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

To be fair, i'm usually a bit shit at ratings - if a couple of moments stand out, then i judge a player on them i guess. I recall Forster just looking at balls that were more than gettable about 3 times, and have marked him on that. Generally, i suppose he was alright...if you ignroe the fact that he was a striker who didnt' have a shot.

Richards seemed to cut inside a lot when he could have possibly used the ball better, and had a bad run of 3 bad passes in a minute, but i thinking about it generally was ok.

Oh well, it was a bit frustrating all in all, whatever way you look at it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Forster was really sharp tonight. Some great turns and excellent movement. Brilliant run to set up Martot for what should have been the winner.

To mark him 5 is embarrassing and says a lot more about your lack of football knowledge than it does about his performance. :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
To mark him 5 is embarrassing and says a lot more about your lack of football knowledge than it does about his performance. :thumbsup:

Good to see you've attended lessons from The Large One in developing an over-inflated ego, and judging anyone who dares disagree with you as being stupid.
:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here