Brighton
wrong account.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Can't find another one...

Smith 5 - doesn't inspire me with confidence

Hoyte n/a - silly boy
Virgo 6 - good first half but was a little sloppy in the 2nd half. Oh, and STOP TAKING FREE KICKS!
Elphick 6 - Better than in recent times i.e. not hideously awful
El-Abd 5 - beaten with ease time and time again. Not as bad on the ball as usual though

Bennett 9.5 - STUNNING. Was operating as a full back but yet was still our most dangerous attacking threat throughout much of the game. Was not really playing wing-back, more right back AND right wing. Incredible energy levels.
Dicker 8 - for an hour was absolutely superb, passing with incredible composure as always. Faded and looked like he was tiring later in the game.
Crofts 7 - played like Crofts. Need him to be a bit more of a goal threat in my opinion though.
Cox 7 - first 25 minutes was a real livewire but faded as the game went on.

Forster 6 - good celebration for the pen, but otherwise was not his normal excellent self.
Murray 8 - 1st goal was a little lucky but generally played very well.

Craig Davies 6 - 10 for endeavour, 2 for finishing. I'll settle in the middle.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would go along with that, but would give Forster a 7.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Smith 5

Hoyte 5
Elphick 5
Virgo 5
El-Abd 5

Bennett 9
Crofts 8
Dicker 8
Cox 7

Murray 9
Forster 7

Davies 8

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I am sorry but what exactly did Smith do wrong today to not inspire you with confidence or get a 5? He is stuck behind a struggling defence and there is nothing he could do about any of the goals.

I guess I don't feel like he did a lot right. I don't feel he has a presence or a command of his box, and this may seem harsh but does anyone else feel he is too short for a goalkeeper?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Smith 5 - Didnt do much wrong but still conceded 4.
Hoyte 5 - Didn't seem to do anything wrong before his sending off.
Elphick 4 - A couple of great challenges, looked to lose him man for two of there goals.
Virgo 5 - The slightly better of the two today, lucky not to be sent off.
El-Abd 6 - Did get done a couple of times but looked pretty stong most of the time and helped out going forward.
Benett 8 - took his goal well, superb going forward and did a great job at full back after Hoyte's red card.
Dicker 8 - Did his usual great job in the middle, some great passes, stopped a few attacks.
Crofts 8 - Similar to Dicker, did another great job in the middle of the park.
Cox 7- Started really well but faded towards the end, some great play but let himself down with a few poor crosses in to the box. And another dive which didnt help!!
Forster 8- Took his penalty very well, looked a little isolated in the first half. Some great moves as usual, generally played very well.
Murray 9- MOM, Superb all round performance. Great play for his 1st goal, (although a bit lucky with the deflection) seemed to be working much harder. Good to see him playing with a smile on his face again

C.Davies 8- Finishing let him down twice but had a big impact after coming on, his pace and physical presence troubled the wycombe defence. Harshly had a good goal ruled out

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Smith 6 - bit unlucky with pen, looked solid at other times
Hoyte 5 - could have got a yellow, but silly all the same
El-Abd 5 - pretty poor at defending
Virgo 6 - dreadful freekick aside, i thought he looked solid. Very harsh pen
Elphick 6 - good determination
Cox 6 - some nice touches, but faded off
Bennett 7 - good signing, but does give the ball away
Crofts 8 - links play really well, great return ball to Davies down the right
Dicker 7 - quiet towards the end, but a class act
Forster 6 - 6 only by his high standards
Murray 7 - great to see him look so up for it

Davies 7 - i really think he's not far off being an immense player

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Elphick 4 - A couple of great challenges, looked to lose him man for two of there goals.
El-Abd 6 - Did get done a couple of times but looked pretty stong most of the time and helped out going forward.
Benett 8 - took his goal well, superb going forward and did a great job at full back after Hoyte's red card.
Dicker 8 - Did his usual great job in the middle, some great passes, stopped a few attacks.
Cox 7- Started really well but faded towards the end, some great play but let himself down with a few poor crosses in to the box. And another dive which didnt help!!
Forster 8- Took his penalty very well, looked a little isolated in the first half. Some great moves as usual, generally played very well.
Murray 9- MOM, Superb all round performance. Great play for his 1st goal, (although a bit lucky with the deflection) seemed to be working much harder. Good to see him playing with a smile on his face again

C.Davies 8- Finishing let him down twice but had a big impact after coming on, his pace and physical presence troubled the wycombe defence. Harshly had a good goal ruled out

Would agree with that

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Smith - 5 - Can't blame him for the goals. Done O.K. Kicking MUCH better than FDM.

Hoyte - 2 - Do not understand people saying he didn't deserve a red card. He booted someone in the leg, off the ball, due to frustration because he couldn't tackle someone stronger than him. If it was the other way round, you'd be calling for their players head.

Virgo - 5 - Didn't see the penalty clearly, sounds a little unlucky. Free kick was HILARIOUS. Never again please Adam. Overall done OK.

Elphick - 4 - A couple of good challenges, but just not good enough over the 90 minutes.

El-Abd - 6- Thought it was one of his better games. Going to go as far as saying he was our best defender yesterday. Teams obviously do their research, and he must know he's going to get a lot of play coming down his side, which he did, and handled it fairly well.

Cox - 6 - Good to see him in the starting 11. Started really well. Looked to shoot when he had a bit of space. Helped El-Abd out by getting back well.

Bennett - 9 - MOM - I don't know many right wingers as good as him going forward, that are as equally good at defending. Thats twice now (that I've seen), this game and MK Dons, where he's had to drop in at right back due to a red card, and yet still manages to bomb forward, and be involved in most attacks. Should be playing in the Championship.

Crofts - 6 - Was pretty tidy. Agree that he needs to adapt his play to go foward more.

Dicker - 7 - Agree that he faded towards the end, but for the first 3/4's of the game he controlled the game. Plays neat, tidy, little passes, which is what we need to stop us from hoofing the ball.

Forster - 6 - Was playing well, but felt he should have come off a little earlier for Davies.

Murray - 8 - Great to see the smile on his face. Looked like he really wanted to be there. Worked himself into the ground. Bit lucky with one of his goals, but he was in the right place at the right time. Would have been MOM of Bennett wasn't.

Davies - 6 - He's going to look pretty good coming on against a 10 man, tired, Wycombe team. The turn and finish for his disallowed goal was a moment of quality. His two earlier identical efforts, slicing the ball 10 yards wide, where poor.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008

Elphick less than Hoyte. :wozza: you are having a laugh right?

If not how did you come to this decision please?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Elphick less than Hoyte. :wozza: you are having a laugh right?

If not how did you come to this decision please?

Once again Elphick was at fault for 2 of there goals, not being anywhere near tight enough to his man. Before his sending off Hoyte looked to be doing a pretty good job

Chazza12

Cranium Of Titanium
Mar 24, 2008
Davies looked bright when he came on
Should have won it for us but the linesman gave offside when davies was clearly the right side of the defender

Everyone deserved at least 6 but our defence is still a shambles
Elliot Bennet deserves a knight hood :lol:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Once again Elphick was at fault for 2 of there goals, not being anywhere near tight enough to his man. Before his sending off Hoyte looked to be doing a pretty good job

I thought elphick did ok. Seems he is the designated scapegoat for the moment though. And there is no excuse for hoyte getting sent off that early for such a stupid reason.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I thought elphick did ok. Seems he is the designated scapegoat for the moment though. And there is no excuse for hoyte getting sent off that early for such a stupid reason.

Have a look at Wycombes 3rd and 4th goals, shocking defending from Elphick, and no i am not just using him as a scapegoat as you can clearly see that he loses him man twice :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here