Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Hull?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
In my opinion:

Brezovan: 7) he learned to catch the ball again, therefore looked more confident and gave more confidence to the defence, A couple of great saves

Reyes: 6) very poor first half, got better second

Greer: 7) Solid at the back, played a few more long balls than normal

El Abd: 8) Back in the centre of defence and looked great

Mattock: 6.5) Not his best game but he was marking a pretty tricky winger, put in one amazing crunching tackle

Bridcutt: 6.5) He looked void of anything in first 10 minutes, losing ball, giving it away, but then got better in second half

Navarro: 6.5) Nothing spectacular, dependable

Razak: 7.5) Tremendous first half, pace power, running with the ball going forward. Has really fast feet for a big guy, few showboats in his locker

LuaLua: 7) Lively on the wing, but end product was a bit off

Barnes: 6.5) Not really sure where he was playing, but did well. Annoyingly kept going down trying to win free kicks instead of trying to play

Mackail-Smith: 7) His best performance in a while, unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions. Tried a brilliant overhead kick too. Buried the header which was disallowed which was encouraging to see

Buckley: 6.5) Looked dangerous running with the ball, but didn’t get it that often

Assulin: 7) bag of tricks, pretty strong for a midget. Looks like Messi, plays a bit like him too.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Brezovan - 7.5 - Made a couple of very good saves and looked assured most of the time from crosses (a couple of moments where he possibly should have been more commanding)
Reyes - 6 - A few sloppy passes but did ok
Mattock - 7 - Solid, didnt get forward as much as I would have expected
Greer - 8 - Very calm and assured, exactly what we needed
El Abd - 8 (MOM) - Solidity itself, see above
Bridcutt - 6.5 - Not his best game, some woeful passes in the first half, but much better in 2nd
Navs - 7 - Did ok
Razak - 7.5 - Looked good when he got forward, but didnt get on the ball often enough
Barnes - 7 - Worked hard defensively and linked up well a few times with CMS
CMS - 7 - Continous closing down nearly fashioned a chance
Lua Lua - 7 - Had a couple of good runs but didnt have many opportunities to really go at them

Buckley - 6 - I hope this is just a blip, but he looks a shadow of his former self before the recent hamstring tightness
Assuin - 7 - Looked lively when he came on, and appeared (i say that because I couldnt see it properly) to do a pretty neat trick on the touchline to turn and make space

Very happy with the performance and in particular the clean sheet, most welcome after Sunday - Hull havent conceded a goal in 6 games and you can see why, and we kept them out very well the other side. Now to keep Chopra quiet on Saturday please!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Come on, already!!

Someone else on here must have been at the game and can enlighten us with their thoughts?

Billy_Britain_HCAFC

Jan 10, 2012
The boy Razak was your best player in the first half.. thought Brighton looked a good footballing side in spells, certainly one of the better teams to come to the KC this year, it was a good open, entertaining game..

I thought we done enough to win it, but I'm extremely biased..

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The boy Razak was your best player in the first half.. thought Brighton looked a good footballing side in spells, certainly one of the better teams to come to the KC this year, it was a good open, entertaining game..

I thought we done enough to win it, but I'm extremely biased..

Fair assessment. A very open game with lots of chances at both ends. If your lot had brought their shooting boots they should have nicked it inspite of Brezovan doing some good stuff. The pitch was a bit of lottery and we resorted to more long balls which isn't our style. Most importantly we steadied our ship after Sunday and blooded some new players against a decent team. Undefeated in the league in 2012.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Oh Ok then,
Brezovan- 8 Determined not to be beaten, won out in a one on one with Stewart. Totally pissed off the Hull support with his saves.
Reyes - 5 What has happened to him? His second coming seems similar to one Micky Adams!
Mattock - 6 Seems a little off the pace, not quite reading the game? Lucky for him El-Abd is covering.
Greer - 8 Looked happier in harness with El-Abd . Calm and assured.
El-Abd - 8.5 BRIGHTON ROCK
Bridcutt - 6.5 Liverpool hangover. Not his usual self but did make a great goal line clearance that kept it 0-0
Navarro - 6 Steady kept midfield ticking over but I think we need better.
Razak - 7 Burnt brightly at first, thought wow! Faded as the game progressed. Potential
Barnes - 7 Remarkable how he has adapted from forward to midfield. Got forward well early on and defended well as Hull pressed
CMS - 7.5 His usual industrious self with some good attempts on goal. Liked his thumbs up to the supporters at the end.
LuaLua - 7 Busy not as good as Liverpool but he ran himself into the ground, looked relieved to have a rest when subbed

Buckley - 6 Found the RUGBY surface at Hull a bit tricky, surprising really as he came from the ploughed field at Watford, should be used to it.
Assulin - 7 What do they say about the nicest things can be found in small packages....this is it!

Overall pleased with the point. Hull are a good side and will challenge the top teams. We needed that performance to regain our balance. As the players went off you could see the pride return.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average match ratings v Hull (3 votes)

El-Abd 8.17
Greer 7.67
Brezovan 7.50
Razak 7.33
Mackail-Smith 7.17
Assulin 7.00
Lualua 7.00
Barnes 6.83
Bridcutt 6.50
Mattock 6.50
Navarro 6.50
Buckley 6.17
Jara Reyes 5.67

NB This is for the hull match, for Ipswich match ratings go: Match Ratings - Ipswich (H)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here