Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Arsenal (away)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bart 7 looked sharper and mixed up his distribution
Hannibal Veltman - a big fat 10. MOM
Dunk 6 made up for his error
JPVH 8 - a warrior, clash of heads and up in 2 seconds
Jake 7 - hairy first 20 but showed good character, thrived on the right late on
Milner - Wasn’t missed too much
Ayari - Definitely a player in there 6
Baleba - Once he takes a moment just to assess his options he will become simply outstanding 7
Mitoma - just a joy to watch 7
Welbeck - Didn’t impact the game up front but did some serious work in midfield
Pedro - What a player 8
Minteh - Strength and power and created the goal, unlimited potential 7
Pervis - I like what he brings to the table, looking forward to him returning to match fitness 6
Enciso and Adringa - no real impact

Hurzeler - Not sure but I think he is only 31. Has adapted well to the PL. Would say if you are going to get booked make sure it’s for something worthwhile 8

Ref Upheld the rules of the game, let the challenges fly but if I supported Arsenal I would be gutted but the fact is that Rice was a bit of a pudding.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Baleba - Once he takes a moment just to assess his options he will become simply outstanding 7
Pedro - What a player 8
Pervis - I like what he brings to the table, looking forward to him returning to match fitness 6

Hurzeler - Not sure but I think he is only 31. Has adapted well to the PL. Would say if you are going to get booked make sure it’s for something worthwhile 8

Ref Upheld the rules of the game, let the challenges fly but if I supported Arsenal I would be gutted but the fact is that Rice was a bit of a pudding.
Pretty much agree with that.
Who’s this Jake guy? (Starts humming the Jake Robinson song)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pedro - What a player 8

No real argument with that. Fans excellent today too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Bart - 7
Veltman- 8
Hinsh - 7
Dunk - 6
JPvH - 7
Milner - 5
Baleba - 7
Mitoma - 8
Minteh - 7
Pedro - 7
Welbeck - 6

Ayari - 7
Pervis - 6
Rutter - 5
Enciso - 6

Fab - 7

Think the ref had a good game. 8

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Veltman 11
Jao Pedro 8
Mitoma 8
Hinsh I'll give an 8 . . . A thankless task and he survived, then swirtched to RB and took the only decent free kicks/crosses . . . Our new Pascal in the making
JPVH an 8 too
everyone else at 6's & 7's really

the last 2 results really bodes well for the club/squad/team/manager . . Digging in and getting results despite issues . . . Lack f familiarity currently being the big one.

It has been a 9/10 start to the season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bart 9 - Couple of great saves - kept us in it.
Veltman - 9 - Won us the point
Dunk 6 - Not ready still and massively at fault for their goal, but what a pre-assist !
JPVH 8 - Superb as ever - not sure exactly what teh Arsenal fans had against him, but that just makes it better.
Hinshelwood 7 - Did well enough - looked lost in the first 20 minutes but came back well.
Milner N/A-
Ayari 7 - Very decent
Baleba 8 - Superb - a real talent
Mitoma 8 - Getting back to his best - we need our attackers to be ready for the ball coming in - Welbz should have goyt on the end of one of hos cut-backs.
Welbeck 7 - Decent shift, but nowhere near his recent high standards - probably well handled by their CBs
Pedro 9 - Our best player in the first half and goal scorer - he gets MotM for me.
Minteh 6 -Not as good as in previous games. Still a decent prospect
Pervis 6 - Needs game time
Enciso N/A
Adringa N/A

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Bart 9 - Couple of great saves - kept us in it.
Veltman - 9 - Won us the point
Dunk 6 - Not ready still and massively at fault for their goal, but what a pre-assist !
JPVH 8 - Superb as ever - not sure exactly what teh Arsenal fans had against him, but that just makes it better.
Hinshelwood 7 - Did well enough - looked lost in the first 20 minutes but came back well.
Milner N/A-
Ayari 7 - Very decent
Baleba 8 - Superb - a real talent
Mitoma 8 - Getting back to his best - we need our attackers to be ready for the ball coming in - Welbz should have goyt on the end of one of hos cut-backs.
Welbeck 7 - Decent shift, but nowhere near his recent high standards - probably well handled by their CBs
Pedro 9 - Our best player in the first half and goal scorer - he gets MotM for me.
Minteh 6 -Not as good as in previous games. Still a decent prospect
Pervis 6 - Needs game time
Enciso N/A
Adringa N/A
Pervis also needs to be told if Pedro is in a really good position in the box pass the ball. Stop keep trying to score wonder goals. Thought he was guilty of that on Tuesday night as well. Pedro was livid, still having a go after the final whistle.

P.C. Beard

Aug 8, 2011
Bart - 7, made some good stops, think he could have done better with the goal though, made it easy for Havertz.
Veltman - 8, solid, didn't have much to do, excellent shithousery.
Dunk - 6.5, awful for their goal, made up for it with the pass for ours. Needs to get back to his old self.
JPVH - 8, another excellent display, nothing fazes him now.
Hinshelwood - 7, targeted in the first half for good reason, and struggled, but managed to turn the tide and rough up Saka. Some lovely one touch passes.
Milner - N/A
Baleba - 7, makes much better decisions now, proper athlete.
Mitoma - 7, put some good crosses in and helped out well defensively after a shaky start.
Minteh - 7, great run for the goal, good energy and pressing.
Pedro - 8 MOM, seems to be everywhere, almost like he has a free role. Sometimes at DM position, sometimes at CF. Showing a maturity in his game now. Cool finish.
Welbz - 6, not really involved, up against a tough defence. Set a high standard so far which he didn't quite match.
Ayari - 7 - there's something about this lad, certainly doesn't look out of place. Made us look much more solid. Could/should have won it for us.
Perv - 5, looks way off the pace, understandably. Really hope he can rediscover his form from 2 seasons ago.
Rutter - 6, someone mentioned Locadia, and now I can't unsee it. Should have done better with his chance. Early days.
Adingra - N/A
Enciso - N/A

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'd love to hear how Baleba did playing in that central midfield role.

Sounds like he did OK aswell on the scores. Did we look stronger with him than with WBG? How wellndid he cover the defenders? What was his decision making like?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Verbruggen 8 - can't ask for much more than that, good thing he didn't get his hands on Havertz attempt as that would have been a red.

Veltman 9 - total control over Trossard. Excellent.
van Hecke 8 - brilliant again.
Dunk 8 - mistake for the goal but otherwise great and did a lot of playmaking
Hinshelwood 7 - really rough start but in the end had a good game.

Milner 5 - very anonymous start to the game before going off injured.
Baleba 7 - had a lot to do and did it ok though lost ball dangerously too often.
Joao Pedro 8 - burning hot, maybe too hot in some moments. Close to a 9. Great game.

Minteh 6 - struggled to make the right decisions. Worked hard though.
Welbeck 6 - didn't get much service but also didn't do much with what he got. Was ok.
Mitoma 7 - decent performance and tried to help out defending (though it really isn't his thing)

Ayari 6 - struggled to get into the game before the send off. Decent after that.
Rutter 5 - did not accomplish a lot
Perverto 6 - was ok I suppose, had a pretty easy job at that point

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bart - 7. Great save V Havertz
Veltman - 9. Main reason we got the point and that impression of Trossard falling over was wonderful
Hinsh - 6. Targeted the whole time and looked vulnerable early on. Mitoma helped coming back. He looks more comfortable at RB
Dunk - 6. Great ball to make up for that error. He was already thinking about what to do with the header before he even won it. Prone to these mistakes when he overplays.
JPvH - 8. Very good.
Milner - 6
Baleba - 6. He has brilliant attributes but unlike Gross or Gilmour he doesn't know his next pass until he has the ball and he really should have put Minteh in during the first half but over played.
Mitoma - 7. Some nice jinxs through and helped Jack out.
Minteh - 7. Great header first half and holding off their CB was class for our goal.
Pedro - 8. Class and great to see him fristated with his teammates making the wrong bloody decision when they were a man up
Welbeck - 4. It's tough againsgt Saliba and Gabrield but his first touch was very poor and his flicks were a waste of time

Ayari - 6 Slotted in well. Wish he did better with that chance but like the way he keeps things ticking and plays the ways he's facing.
Pervis - 6
Rutter - 5
Enciso - 6

Arteta - -10. Gaslighting Legoman Poundshop Pep Action Man Whining Irritable Knobhead
Piers Morgan -10
Martin Keown -10
Shaka Hislop -10

So as a man of no numbers out of 10 ...as per sooo

Verbruggen looked comfortable but there still that tendency to pussy foot around instead of launching it ... and yes on the whole i like the progression out from the back but once in a while get rid

Veltman ,JPVH ,Dunk ,Hinshlewood

Overal good , Veltman is a major of the dark arts he knew exactly what he was doing with Rice and it wasnt addimg iit to risotto.
JPVH is a force of nature but can get caught out
Dunky looks out of sorts perhaps the international break will help
Hinshlewood looks decent ... and no doubt against 'easier' sides might be comfortable but against top class wingers he struggled and perhaps should be 2nd choice to Estupinian.

Milner was unfortunate
Ayari is a definite find he looked comfortable and adventurous
Baleba Improving but needs to look before he does some things but given time he will be a powerhouse
Mitoma was quiet but that might have been down to the way Arsenal recognised his danger better when down to 10
Welbeck was his usual adhesive self wasnt going to get much in the first half
Pedro ..... hes annoying for other sides hes confident and it helps us most of all he knows where the goal is
Minteh was ok but still isnt Adringa who i prefer

Adringa was decent , Ensciso is a live wire ,Estupinian is getting back to his former self apart from his shooting ,rutter i am concerned about ... ok hes new it takes time but just didnt seem to click will hold Judgement

So there you go utter ramblings but there my opinions take it leave put it in the bin .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here