Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings v Forest at home

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ankergren 6 - looked iffy on crosses and positioning, kicking less accurate than last weekend. Clean sheet was more to do with defence than keeper.
Taricco 7 - solid game
Dunk 6.5 - mostly solid, a bit rash when out of position (covering other defenders and the like)
Greer 6.5 - as dunk
Reyes 7 - as Taricco
Bridcutt 6.5
Navarro 6.5
Noone 6
Barnes 6
Paynter 6.5 - contributes more than he is given credit for
CMS 6.5

Lualua 7
Vinelot 7
Buckley 7

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ankergren 6 - looked iffy on crosses and positioning, kicking less accurate than last weekend. Clean sheet was more to do with defence than keeper.
Taricco 7 - solid game
Dunk 6.5 - mostly solid, a bit rash when out of position (covering other defenders and the like)
Greer 6.5 - as dunk
Reyes 7 - as Taricco
Bridcutt 6.5
Navarro 6.5
Noone 6
Barnes 6
Paynter 6.5 - contributes more than he is given credit for
CMS 6.5

Lualua 7
Vinelot 7
Buckley 7

I'd make it:
Ankergren 5 Slow, awful distribution, unsettling

Taricco 6.5
Dunk 7
Greer 7
Reyes 8

Bridcutt 7
Navarro 5
Noone 7 Double marked.
Barnes 5
Paynter 5
CMS 7

Lualua 7
Vincelot 8
Buckley 8

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Angerkren 6

Reyes 8
Greer 7
Dunk 7
Taricco 7

Bridcutt 6
Navarro 5
Noone 6
Barnes 5

Paynter 4
CMS 7

Subs:

Lua Lua 7
Buckley 7
Vincelot 7

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Ankergren 6 - flapping at crosses though made a good save in second half
Taricco 6.5 - solid
Dunk 6 - occasionally loses his marker
Greer 7 - excellent positioning
Reyes 6 - nice touch though couple of misplaced passes
Bridcutt 6 - would like to see him making bigger tackles
Navarro 6 - solid
Noone 5.5 - lots of hustle and bustle but no killer pass
Barnes 6 - flatters to decieve
Paynter 5 - anonymous
CMS 7.5 - gave his all (as per) and set up our goal

Lualua 7.5 - a danger as soon as he came on
Vinelot 7 - solid
Buckley 7.5 - sweet finish

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ankergren 6 Improved through the game, but it wasn't a game for goalies.

Taricco 7 Positioned himself well, against Greening and nos 12
Dunk 8 MOM, once he decided to go forward with the ball.
Greer 7 The passing round the back early on was getting silly
Reyes 6 Didn't use the space in front of him, although solid defensively

Bridcutt 7 Put himself about, what's changed in him from August/Sept?
Navarro 6 Also solid enough, but neither are 'seeing' the killer pass
Noone 6 No end product and quieter today
Barnes 6 Out of position, we looked better when subbed, the same can't be said re Harley last week.

Paynter 5 Could have done with a better performance, still not looking like he's 'ready'.
CMS 8 Must dream of KLL starting.

Lualua 7 That's how to cross. Either out for corners or to Albion players.
Vincelot 8
Buckley 8

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Casper 6
Reyes 6
Garrick 6
Greer 7
Dunk 7
Navarro 6
Bridcutt 7
Noone 6
Barnes 6
Painter 5
CMS 6

Lua Lua 7
Buckley 6
Vin slot 6

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't think CMS had his best game, but i'm gonna give him a 10. Simply because even after 92 minutes of running his socks off and getting beaten up by Wes Morgan he can still find the energy to roast a full back down the flank and drill a plum cross into the box. Incredible, just incredible!!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Ankergren - 6
Taricco - 7
Dunk - 7
Greer - 7
Reyes - 7.5
Bridcutt - 7
Navarro - 6
Noone - 6
Barnes - 5
Paynter - 5.5
Mackail-Smith - 8

LuaLua - 7.5
Vincelot - 7
Buckley - 7.5

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ankergren 5 - Had little to do, and didn't do it overly well. His worst game since returning, but doesn't mean he's a bad keeper, he isn't.
Jara Reyes 6 - Gloriously flairistic but not a great deal of substance/desire there I don't think.
Greer 7 - Can't fault the man for anything really.
Dunk 7 - Same as with el Capitano.
Taricco 6 - Wonderful pace in the second half to reach a loose ball. Highlight of the match!
Navarro 4 - Not a bad player, but a bad performance.
Bridcutt 6 - Not playing at his best level, which is why our team isn't. Not helped by our tactics I don't think.
Noone 6 - Not at his best, but he is so exciting to watch.
Barnes 5 - Offered nothing, but playing out of position constantly, not going to help him.
Paynter 4 - Worked hard off the ball, did a lot of running around. Has to play better than this, but still a league 1 striker.
Mackail-Smith 7 - Got nothing from the ref, or Morgan, but kept running and set up the winner.

Subs;
LuaLua 7 - The man is getting back into form and was unlucky not to set up atleast one goal!
Buckley 7 - Hit the winner, made some good runs. Needs a proper go in the side.
Vincelot 7 - Just a damn good footballer.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Ankergren - 6
Taricco - 6
Dunk - 7
Greer - 7
Reyes - 7
Bridcutt - 6.5
Navarro - 6.5
Noone - 6
Barnes - 6 Wrong position is best running onto the ball and finding space in the box
Paynter - 6
Mackail-Smith - 7

LuaLua - 7
Vincelot - 7
Buckley - 7

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I don't think CMS had his best game, but i'm gonna give him a 10. Simply because even after 92 minutes of running his socks off and getting beaten up by Wes Morgan he can still find the energy to roast a full back down the flank and drill a plum cross into the box. Incredible, just incredible!!!

Lol, quality post!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Isn't it great how almost every poster disagrees with at least three others.

Look - we didn't play our best as a team today, but we stuck at it and got a winner at the death. Everyone played their part. Rejoice - we are 6th!!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Ankergren 7 - have people learnt nothing in 2 years? He's not going to launch it long so shut the f*** up and let him pass it out.
Reyes 8 - MOM for me, very very classy player.
Greer 7 - solid as usual.
Dunk 7 - ditto Greer.
Taricco 6 - pretty average game I thought, gave it away a few times. LOVED his celebration in the centre circle though, on his knees facing the West Stand.
Bridcutt 7 - tidy as usual sweeping up 2nd balls, don't remember him having it much otherwise
Navarro 7 - him having a run in the side has seen us win 4 from 5. Breaks up play well.
Barnes 6 - looked lost, unsure of his position, but still puts in a great shift. Want him back upfront so much it hurts.
Noone 6.5 - would've got an 8 for the first half, when he tormented their full back, but very anonymous second half.
Paynter 5 - does try, and being asked (like Barnes) to play a wider/deeper role, but never jumps for headers and first touch is shocking. Thought that was what he was got in for?
Mackail-Smith 6.5 - standard great shift but got dominated all game by their absolute unit of a CB.

LuaLua 7.5 - fantastic, I maintain he hasn't looked fit previously but made the full-back his bitch when he came on.
Buckley 7 - Mr Late Goal digs us out of a hole again. Direct running, just hope his hamstrings got through it ok!
Vincelot n/a - no real time to do much

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ankergren 7 - have people learnt nothing in 2 years? He's not going to launch it long so shut the f*** up and let him pass it out.

Agreed. I am getting sorely sick of the guy behind me who continually criticises him for this. At one point he even shouted 'Bring back Kuipers!'. Yeah, cos his distribution was GREAT, wasn't it?! DO ME A FAVOUR.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Ankergren 6 - flapped at a few things and lucky not to concede
Reyes 6 - good defensively, lacked a bit going forward
Greer 6 - not as solid as usual today and almost cost us a goal
Dunk 8 - i thought he was excellent today
Taricco 7 - fairly solid and reads game well
Bridcutt 5 - did not play as well as he can as midfield over-run 2nd half
Navarro 5 - looked tired and some really sloppy passing second half
Barnes 5 - worked hard and tried to get things going but better up front
Noone 6 - good in first half but they had him well marked
Paynter 6 - worked his socks off and probably had his best game, but needs to play further forward
Mackail Smith 6 - too many poor balls to him, virtually all lost causes and marked out of it UNTIL 2 late lung-busting runs, one leading to the late winner

Subs:

Lua Lua 7.5 - excellent introduction again, three good crosses and tracked back to help defence
Vincelot 6 - quick thinking to set up the goal
Buckley - no rating, only touched the ball twice - and scored the WINNER!

Need to be more attacking at home, play with 2 wingers and give them the ball.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Gus today: "we are what we are".

Can we stop the effing moaning please? We won. This division is bloody hard work. We've had injuries left right and centre and guess what? We're not the best team in the world. Get on the Gus Bus full time and stop the bitching.

Or continue with your tedious groaning somewhere else. At least let the rest of us enjoy supporting the Albion without having to come on here to continual "Gus didn't do this/that/the other etc etc".

Read your history books and be damned effing grateful we are where we are and we're in a position to try and improve.

Thanks.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gus today: "we are what we are".

Can we stop the effing moaning please? We won. This division is bloody hard work. We've had injuries left right and centre and guess what? We're not the best team in the world. Get on the Gus Bus full time and stop the bitching.

Or continue with your tedious groaning somewhere else. At least let the rest of us enjoy supporting the Albion without having to come on here to continual "Gus didn't do this/that/the other etc etc".

Read your history books and be damned effing grateful we are where we are and we're in a position to try and improve.

Thanks.

:) :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here