Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Leeds

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
5 across the board from me. Nobody was totally culpable, but nobody performed well. They were totally outclassed collectively today. Very disappointing but not totally unexpected.

You can see why Leeds have only conceded 8 goals this season but I was a little perplexed with Forster and Murray. They seemed to be playing too far apart. Oh well.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We were thoroughly outclased today, 6's across the board.

Dicker had a woeful game though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone catch Poyet hit the dug out in frustration over Murray igoring his instruction to defend?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Smith 5 - not at fault for the goals but keeps letting them in !
Whing 5 - got caught out a few times - gave ball away cheaply
Bennett 4.5 - Worst game for us lost a lost of possession
Tuni 6 - I thought he played well -caught out for 2nd goal >
Elph 5.5 - Fairly solid
El Abd - 6 BNothing bad did'nt spot the usual calamity
Dicker 5 - not good today
Crofts 6 - worked hard
Cox 5 - OK
Forster 5 - not a lot of service
Murray 6 - not much service worked hard a gainst a well organised defense.

What a waste of time should have just agreed with the last 2 posts.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No doubt the best team won. Leeds will be champions this season unless they seriously mess up. It will be good to get them out of the division!

Smith 5. He needs to keep a clean sheet against a decent team before I'm convinced. FDN back for Tuesday if he's fit.

Whing 5. Not back to his best.

Tunnicliffe 6. Played fairly well. May have been partly at fault for the second goal.

Elphick 5. OK.

ElAbd 5. Played fairly well considering he's not a LB.

Bennett 4. In the first half he didn't get enough of the ball for long periods. Unfortunately when he started to get more involved he let himself down. Not impressed today.

Croft 7. Prob MOM. Worked hard.

Dicker 6. Some nice touches but gave the ball away a few too many times.

Cox 5. Did not impress.

Forster 6. Ran around a lot but poor service.

Murray 6. Some very nice touches. Good in the air. Poor service from the wings.

Subs:

Navarro 7. Did OK when he came on.

McLeod 7. Much better than Cox. Started to make thing happen.

Davies 5. From where I was sitting (Block H) didn't look like he did much.

Manager 7. Did the best he could with what we've got. Liked his attacking substitutions. Didn't work, but top marks for trying.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
When I read comments like "My man of the match was probably El-Abd perhaps" I wonder if I was at the same game.

Poor today and completely outplayed, out fought and out thought. Not a disaster though.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't be fussed to mark them all but thought Whing struggled which in turn meant Bennett struggled as he didn't seem to trust what Whing was doing and kept coming back which in turn let there left side run at us. Disappointed with Forster didn't get in to the game at all. Think it would have been different if there 17 had been booked early on though. Smith had no chance with the goals and didn't have anything else to do so how can people have a go at him?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Smith 6
Whing 6
Bennett 5
Tunnicliffe 6
Elphick 4
El Abd 5
Dicker 6
Crofts 7
Cox 4
Forster 4
Murray 5

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
All very poor today. Bennett was just appalling today but then he did have 2 men on him most of the game & his confidence suffered as a result.

Too many players had a bad day at the office today but you have to give leeds credit. they were well organised and were better than us in every position.

A word about navarro tho. i thought he looked great when he came on!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
When I read comments like "My man of the match was probably El-Abd perhaps" I wonder if I was at the same game.

Poor today and completely outplayed, out fought and out thought. Not a disaster though.

Agreed. He didn't have a shocker. Just got found wanting by a very very good Leeds team. Same for Whing.

Smith 4 more assured coming out.
Whing/El-Abd 3 both are a bit crap against good teams
Elphick 5 Once again a more measured performance. Well done Tommy
Tunnicliffe 4 Okay performance
Bennett 3 worst performance yet
Dicker 4 So-so from him. Didn't look up for it.
Crofts 4 Should have been more vocal as captain.
Cox 5 Was busy down the wing but with little effect
Murray 5 Strangely, one of the few that looked up for it
Forster 3 worst performance by him. Just not his day

Ref - 7 one of the better refs at Withers this year. Should have got his card out a bit more but did alright.

Brighton crowd 6 meh. One of those games to forget
Leeds crowd 10 fantastically vocal. Best I've ever seen/heard at Withers.

Right. Watch the end of Star Wars and then Harry Hill for an hour.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
McLeod 7. Much better than Cox. Started to make thing happen.

:eek:. Make things happen? What exactly? Leeds goal kicks and throw in's from his woeful crosses? He did ping in one dangerous corner but even that was too close to the keeper.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
i didn't actually notice him once, awful by his standards.

They can all play much better than that. They looked totally in awe of Leeds and many of them made uncharacteristic made errors - Dicker nearly released Beckford with a back pass, Bennett's control (or lack of it) on the touchline from the free kick etc etc

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

I'm glad to read a comment like that because it must mean it was all a horrible dream. Soon I'll wake up, it'll be sunny and dry and I can take myself off down to the game, where hopefully Jimmy McNulty will be playing at left back, Leeds will be shit and we will play them off the park..

According to the Oxford English Dictionary: An Oxymoron: El-Abd, Man of the Match

Smith 4 - not his fault directly but very shaky performance and plenty of the crowd turning on him in the second half where I was. Get rid.

Whing 4 - typical Whing really - not embarrassed but basically talentless. Get rid.

Elphick 3 - needs to learn how to mark for 90 minutes, no good to us. Get rid.

Tunnicliffe 3 - very poor, and I don't know whether it was him or Elphick responsible for the second but whoever it is should be SHOT.

El Abd 4 - try as he might he just isn't a football. Get rid.

Elliott 2 - worst game for us by a mile, don't know what he was on today.

Dicker 2 - similar to Elliott.

Crofts 4 - best of a shocking midfield but still a million miles off Leeds' pace.

Cox 3 - not good enough, get rid.

Forster 1 - total joke of a performance from a great player.

Murray 4 - at least tried to make things happen, even if his teammates made it impossible.

I thought it was Whing at fault for the second goal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Leeds played bennet extremely well...in fact they did their homework and eveytime we got the ball, they pushed up on us an cut out any space we had.

put this down to experience and move on.

Town had a fantastic win though...up to third!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here