Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Forest at home

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No idea about ratings as i was drunk and convinced we would lose. I had a horrific day but thankfully this win has helped me lot.

Well done BHA

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale 7. Not much to do, distribution good.
Bruno 8. Took care of Antonio, showed why he's in the team ahead of Rosenior.
Bong 8. Quick and tenacious against the skilful Ward.
Greer 8. Solid, experienced defending.
Dunk 9. Immaculate, attacked the ball well at set pieces, one amazing run into the opposition area.
Lualua 8. Gave their right back a torrid evening, fine finish for the goal.
Kayal 8. The team boss. Skilful and nasty in equal measures.
Stephens 7. Gritty type who did the nuts and bolts well.
March 7. Flashes of skill combined with quiet periods. Set piece play needs a bit of work.
Baldock 7. Almost curled in a beauty, his partnership with Hemed will improve given time.
Hemed 7. Solid start, denied a debut goal by a keeping worldie. Loved his attitude.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Overall a decent performance though we were lucky not to have conceded late on.

March would be really good if only he wasn't so one-footed. At this level you simply can't keep shuffling the ball onto your favoured side all the time.

Baffled why Ince doesn't start every game? Great ball winner, good distribution and skill to go with it. Our defence always looks much better with him in front of them.....

Still need more flair in midfield but good to start with a win and a positive performance...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Overall a decent performance though we were lucky not to have conceded late on.

March would be really good if only he wasn't so one-footed. At this level you simply can't keep shuffling the ball onto your favoured side all the time.

Baffled why Ince doesn't start every game? Great ball winner, good distribution and skill to go with it. Our defence always looks much better with him in front of them.....

Still need more flair in midfield but good to start with a win and a positive performance...

Baffield why Ince doesnt start, but then go on to say our Midfield needs more flair...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Upon a few days reflection:

Stockdale 6
Bruno 8
Greer 6
Dunk 7
Bong 8
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
March 7
KLL 8
Baldock 7
Hemed 8

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Amazed to see people listing this moment as a plus. Was a really poor miss, given the time and space he had.

Given our failings last season, I'm just glad to see a striker try an effort on goal.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Stockdale 6 - Not much to do at all.
Bruno 7 - decent game. LOVE the beard.
Greer 7 - Certainly still up to the level we need.
Dunk 7.5 - Showed quality. Still made an early mistake which on another day would of cost us.
Bong 7.5 - solid and quick. Really good debut. Linked up well with LuaLua and likes to overlap.
Kayal 8 - Ran the show IMO. A natural leader and bossed the midfield. Got forward more too.
Stephens 7 - missed him last season
March 6.5 - Out of the game in the first half. Better in the second. Hopefully gets more consistant as he season runs.
KLL 8 - Some moments of quality. Shut a lot of people up.
Baldock 6.5 - Still don't think he is going to be a goal scorer. Hope i'm wrong.
Hemed 7 - Good debut. Not the hold up player i thought. Could work well with BZ.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Stockdale 6.5 - not much to do but did it well.
Bruno 7 - excellent going forward and did okay against Antonio in the first half - was roasted in the 2nd half.
Greer 7.5 - solid, commanding.
Dunk 8 - MOM - great game. Snuffed a lot out, not sure how he stopped that scramble on the line??
Bong 7.5 - a unit with a bit about him going forward. Can see him being a cult hero.
Kayal 8 - busy, skilful, commanding, fast becoming our key player.
Stephens 7 - was excellent first half but looked tired towards the end. Dovetails well with Kayal and will chip in with some important goals this year.
LuaLua 7.5 - great goal and a constant threat but still a little brainless in possession at times.
March 6.5 - frustrating day - put in a great cross for Hemed but passed carelessly at times, should have scored when through on goal and looks terrified of being tackled. I'd like to see him being more direct and running at people.
Hemed 7 - a solid start - great header kept out by a worldy save. He looks to have a good instinct, but his touch was a little ropey on occasion - time will tell.
Baldock 6.5 - ran himself into the ground and make some fantastic runs off the shoulder for passes that wouldn't come, but struggled to really get involved that much.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite agree, would you say Tomed's was a bad miss though?

I wouldn't, because Hemed didn't actually do a lot wrong. Timed his jump, won the header, put plenty of pace on it, kept it under the bar. Save was a worldy.

He was quite brilliantly set up by KLL, but it was just inches wide. I like Baldock a lot more than you do, and think he'll have a good season. You can let me know if he doesn't.

I don't dislike Baldock. He works pretty hard, and clearly has some ability - witness cracking goals against Ipswich and Arsenal. The fact it was 'just inches wide' isn't much of a defence in this case - he had about ten feet of open goal to aim at. Therein lies the issue - lack of composure in front of goal. I hope you are right, although I think once the squad is complete he'll start very few games.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I wouldn't, because Hemed didn't actually do a lot wrong. Timed his jump, won the header, put plenty of pace on it, kept it under the bar. Save was a worldy.

I don't dislike Baldock. He works pretty hard, and clearly has some ability - witness cracking goals against Ipswich and Arsenal. The fact it was 'just inches wide' isn't much of a defence in this case - he had about ten feet of open goal to aim at. Therein lies the issue - lack of composure in front of goal. I hope you are right, although I think once the squad is complete he'll start very few games.

Your view on Baldock suprises me! It was poor that he didnt hit the target but I still think he will be leading the line alongside Hemed for the majority of the season.

As for Hemeds header, Zamora would have scored that all day long. Decent effort though.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Re Rosenior (may have spelt that wrong) - He looked absolutely mustard when he came on (well out of positioni may add). Just seemed to look so neat and quick - anyone else appreciate his cameo...?

Not bad mate, quite a likeness, but I would have liked to have seen him with a more bushy moustache and of course an orange codpiece.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here