Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player possibility

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I was talking to some one from the club yesterday at Dover, said person told me there is a player on his way from Rangers(newco) and Jordan Rhodes was apparently at the club and bloom was willing to risk paying five million for him, I have no need to come on here and bullshit, just thought I would relay a message, would be great if jordan Rhodes was true.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I was talking to some one from the club yesterday at Dover, said person told me there is a player on his way from Rangers(newco) and Jordan Rhodes was apparently at the club and bloom was willing to risk paying five million for him, I have no need to come on here and bullshit, just thought I would relay a message, would be great if jordan Rhodes was true.

I see dead people

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Whether its true or not, bloom would be bloody off his trolley to risk 5million on what is a division 3 player who's not played at this level especially as CMS was a similar risk last year and he failed to really shine as was hoped.

And I personally hope we don't go in for Rhodes no matter what his price is.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Is there really anyone in the Rangers now that would do anything good at us? I could only think of Kyle Bartley on loan from Arsenal who Poyet wanted not too long ago.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Whether its true or not, bloom would be bloody off his trolley to risk 5million on what is a division 3 player who's not played at this level especially as CMS was a similar risk last year and he failed to really shine as was hoped.

This.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
All I can say about the Rangers player is, this is what I was told "big black fella, midfielder or defender"....I kid you not! :lolol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

And I personally hope we don't go in for Rhodes no matter what his price is.

Absolutely this ... Rhodes may well become a star of the future but these are the sorts of gambles clubs that can afford to lose their money take

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Perhaps, Maurice Edu - USA International. Attacking midfielder I think.

Or Sone Aluko - has 12 goals in 21 games with Rangers, which isnt bad for a winger - granted they were in the easier league that is the SPL though. But do we need another winger ?

And Rhodes wont happen, spent a few million on a League 1 striker who scored loads in the league which got their team promoted via the Play-offs last season - cant see we would risk a larger amount of money for possibly the same thing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If they think he will score goals FREELY at Championship level I would suspect the club might risk £5m on a player no matter where he comes from - whether it would be Rhodes or not I have no idea. It's a matter of speculation (say a £2m/£3m loss if the player doesn't pan out for us over a couple of seasons) compared to the £90m estimated "reward" from promotion.

Has Sone Aluko got fixed up from Rangers yet? Not a position we want to fill necessarily but a real gem of a winger and going to have a considerable future sell-on value if we got him for free now.

edit: Maurice Edu, as mentioned above, would be a good shout - ticks all the boxes and adds another flag to our tally of nations :)

In fairness to the OP I don't doubt them at all and it could well be entirely kosher but equally I don't put it beyond someone at the club to try to see if they can get a rumour posted on here :lol:

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
All this Rhodes business is bullshit. If he stays in the Championship he's already stated he'll stay at Huddersfield. If (and thats a big if since he's already pledged his immediate future at Town) he does move it will be to the PL. So stop it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here