Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season? Very tricky decision

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just not that simple though is it. Of course he has been superb, but should player of the season always by default be the man who has scored most?
I chose him as much for his defensive work and penalty winning ability as his goals.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
1. Bridcutt
2. Bennett
3. Murray

Harsh to leave out any of the others though

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Between Painter and Murray possibly , though Anchorman has proven to be a very astute signing, Calderons goals must be taken into consideraton and Bennetts assist ratio is mental,but for the 2 daft sending offs Greer would of been up there, his distribution has been superb , so after carefull consideration ile plump for Bridcutt :) if ever a player made more of a contribution to this club than he has in such a short space of time then i must of missed it, the lads a special player and destined for the top ,hopefully with us

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Very very hard call,could be 1 of about 9 and no one could argue,but if i really had to choose then El Abd would just about edge it for me.

Beartown Seagull

Jan 11, 2006
Brighton
Given that in the past few seasons our player of the season has either left us or been dropped, I'm considering voting for Holroyd or one of the two Argentinians.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
1. El Abd
2. Bennett
3. Murray
4. Ankergren

...with the rest not far behind. It's been a fantastic team effort, Brian.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's still Bennett for me. I think he's faded off the radar a little as he hasn't been quite so impressive since Christmas than he was before (apart from the last couple of matches) but I'm sure he has been responsible for more goals than anyone else on the team.

I think he just nudges it infront of Ankergren, El-Abd, Greer, Painter, Calderon, Bridcutt and Murray. I can't choose between a single one of them.

pretty much this.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
My vote would go to Murray, however i do think El-Abd will win it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Laim Bridcutt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Abd for me - living proof the Gus bus can work wonders on anyone if they make the effort

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
El Abd for me - living proof the Gus bus can work wonders on anyone if they make the effort

Slightly unfair on El-Abd. He has always been a decent player. Granted, he has improved a great deal of late, but Gus didn't transform him. El-Abd seems to work tirelessly in training and works on his weaknesses. He is heading towards the usual peak of a professional player, to boot. Also, as the team operates as a team and operate our current system, he is under less pressure than sitting back under McGhee/Wilkins or no real game plan Adams.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Painter...started every game and gone about his business without being noticed, Mr reliable...IMO doesn't get enough recognition....but as you have all said could same same about so many this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here