Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off dates confirmed

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Club tweet confirms as follows:

@OfficialBHAFC: Champ Play-off SF dates: 1st Leg - 6thv3rd 3 May (7.45); 5thv4th 4 May (7.45) & 2nd Leg - 3rdv6th 7 May (4.30) 4thv5th 8 May (7.45) #BHAFC

Last edited:

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Is this 100% accurate, I mean can this be trusted?

The missus is looking to go to New York on 11th -18th and didnt want to commit just in case we actually did get into the playoffs. I've heard elsewhere the final is 19th.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Looks like if we sneak into the playoffs we'll be playing our away leg on the 7 May.

Yep. I'm hoping for that. It's my birthday and I'd quite like a play-off final place as a present! More than likely it'll be at Upton Park too unless they completely implode

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Is this 100% accurate, I mean can this be trusted?

The missus is looking to go to New York on 11th -18th and didnt want to commit just in case we actually did get into the playoffs. I've heard elsewhere the final is 19th.

yep the final is the 19th mate.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thursday/Friday - Monday/Tuesday? - normally they stick the Championship ones on the Weekend don't they?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Given we may well finish 4th or 5th Ive got some compromising to do as the 4th is the other halfs Birthday.

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Play-Off Dates Announced

The Football League have confirmed that the Championship Play-off Semi-Final dates will take place during the first and second weeks of May.

First legs: The team which finishes sixth will host the team that finishes third on Thursday 3rd May* (7.45pm) and the fifth-placed finishing side will host the team that finishes fourth on Friday 4th May (7.45pm).

Second legs: The return legs will take place the following week; third will host sixth on Monday 7th May (4.30pm) and fourth will host fifth on either Tuesday 8th May or Wednesday 9th May** (7.45pm).

The Championship Play-off Final will take place at Wembley on Saturday 19th May - kick-off 3pm.

* Please note, if Albion finish third in the Championship the first and second legs will be reversed: Albion's home leg would take place on Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th May and the away leg will take place on Bank Holiday Monday (7th May).

** The exact date for this fixture will be confirmed by the Football League following the FA Cup Semi-Finals, which are scheduled to take place on Saturday 14th April and Sunday 15th April.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm that the fixtures for the 2012/13 season will be announced at 9am on Monday 18th June via seagulls.co.uk.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"* Please note, if Albion finish third in the Championship the first and second legs will be reversed: Albion's home leg would take place on Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th May and the away leg will take place on Bank Holiday Monday (7th May)."

So, are they basically saying we can't play at home on a Bank Holiday?

[Expletives deleted]

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Are we not allowed to be at home on the Bank Holiday Monday because of Leeds rioting in Bournemouth or is there some other reason?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
I am being thick too - this makes no sense does it? How can you play on Monday and then again on Tuesday or Wednesday ??? Am I missing something?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
exactly its bollocks - or we are both really stupid?!! :lol:

No, I think they've made a mistake there. I hadn't read that bit, was just working out when we might be at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here