Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastics who work in Brighton

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It also make me laugh when there team loses and two minutes after the final whistle they are laughing and joking like the match never took place. Even now touching 40 i get pissed off with a defeat and that normally lasts until we play our next game..

So, so true. It tarnishes my Saturday night if the Albion lose - even if it's away and i've not been! I see many who give it all the chops at the tele during the game and then just forget it and laugh about the pub if they've lost.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So, so true. It tarnishes my Saturday night if the Albion lose - even if it's away and i've not been! I see many who give it all the chops at the tele during the game and then just forget it and laugh about the pub if they've lost.

Whether you suffer is up to you. You're not more of a supporter if you choose to suffer than one who's been to the same game and chooses not to operate for the rest of the weekend with a cloud over their head.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I've been to too many Albion losses to remember.Wouldn't have been so many if I'd thrown myself off Beachy Head after the first defeat.Mind you,I was too young to go to Beachy Head by myself,but I guess my brothers would willingly have helped !

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I have more respect for people who live in other countries that support teams like United/Chelsea/L'pool than people who for example are born in brighton but support Chelsea.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Saw this in the Liverpool Forum

AnimalMasch

Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Re: League Cup 3rd round draw (Brighton away)
« Reply #153 on: Yesterday at 04:56:49 PM »I am soooooooooo desperate to get a ticket. I would literally give my right arm.

I have lived in Brighton most my life, but have never supported the Seagulls (what a rubbish name anyway) probably mainly due to the fact that they didn't take me on as a youngster and I ended up at Palace for a while instead, if I'm honest. As a result I actually developed a lot of resentment for them, especially when they started to do well.

Got so many Brighton supporter mates who already think they will do us over. Since the new stadium around here has been built, and with promotion last season, there is suddenly a real big buzz around Brighton and the team, and they have made a fantastic start to life in the Championship, sitting proudly atop of the league after 5 games.

I went to the first ever game at the 'AmEx' stadium (just to see what it was like really) and you could sense there is a real feeling of expectation as now, with the club under new owners, and a very good young manager in Poyet, they sense the premiership may be coming in the next couple of years.

Saying all that, I would love to be sitting in the Liverpool end when we rump that back down to Earth!!! Shame, as I have no chance of getting a ticket :-(

This twat better not be in front of me

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I hate it when people's reason for supporting a Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal etc is ".... because my dad/grandad/uncle/auntie did". Support your local team!!

Heres a scenario for you - If you moved out of Brighton to Nottingham, for example, if you had a child would you expect them to grow up supporting Forest/County or Brighton? When you put it like that, its not such a easy answer!

Dad 'supports' Liverpool and can probably name 7 players getting one wrong as won't realise they left. Little real interest in football but they were good when he was a kid, lived fairly near there, and watches for results most weeks and watches match of the day occasionally. Will 2/3 of the time know the next opponent. Can name old players but not years etc. they played accurately :shrug: More into golf.

Brother 'supports' Liverpool and plays alot of FIFA. Can name starting line-up and couple subs but knowledge is from FIFA and highlights. Won't know who most of the signings are as outside Liverpool and top 6 it's who's good today. Lower league or foreign knowledge is down to top 10 nations international squads. Know's the top players from past 15 years or so for 'his' team but 0 youth, 0 chance to tell you what any player won or club won let alone when if more than couple seasons ago. :shurg: More into basketball / who's better on FIFA :facepalm:

I actually play football, play management games, play FIFA, check internet daily for both teams, reply to boards couple times a day (used to be both teams for years and years now just here), see around 10 games live a season due to finances and work commitments, watched 95% of Liverpool games on streams live (less last couple of years as 'Albion time' has overtaken) and yet could name about 30 Current Brighton players at any time in last 20 years as knew who was in every level of the club, plus who we linked to, next 6 or so fixtures all the time and more, talk about 'that' game 5+ years ago even if wasn't there and know who scored or sent off or what talking point was etc. most of the time. An actual SUPPORTER and thus while always FOLLOW my family team, actually SUPPORT a team and thus always going to be my LOCAL one!

I could never 'support' Liverpool in my eyes as went about 1.5 games a year at most and family is maybe that every 6 or 7 years, but deffo followed them more than 99% of their so called fans ever have as I love football and want somewhere to put my energies and passion. Albion was first but inaccessible so Liverpool probably just about matched them for time spent and interest. Doesn't stop me supporting Brighton whether we were down in 4th tier or if we get to the top. Will always be "a Brighton fan who follows a family team" (way have always told people even when 'we were shit') and hope to get my family interested and along to a few games. Not deluded enough to think they will ever be supporters of ANY club as they are not real football fans, but hope rather than Brighton being their new '2nd team' as I've heard when I go on and on at them, they will look for our results at least as keenly as Liverpool's and come to the odd game, have a bit of knowledge.

My kids will hopefully be proper Seagull fans and I'll do everything in my power to take my brother's progeny to the Amex and get them hooked too! If they want to follow Liverpool fine, but certainly not someone with zero link to and SUPPORT their proper local team they can actually see live. Learn enough about the game and how it's played being a proper fan, to beat their uncle/dad at FIFA even if he is a top side like 'pool and they are lowly middle of the Prem (Championship or even stuck down in 4th tier) Brighton as they know about the game, and THEIR team :thumbsup:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Great story from Turkey a few weeks back where we had some scousers in our apartment and the bloke asked Junior who he supported so he said BHAFC, scouser said "well someone has to" followed by "that's scouse humour".

Junior looked at him totally deadpan and said "that's not funny at all"

Brilliant!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Same with Chelski. Famously, they had some tiny gates in the 1980's and early 1990's. Once Bates then Abram bought trophies, grown men and women switched their support to them. Fact.
When did bates "buy" trophies ?? perhaps a "knowledgable" "true" fan like yourself should make sure of your facts before you open your trap, and lets face it, all the arse kissing sycophants talk about ferguson "building" a team again at united, he has bought, yet again, the vast majority of this team, or poached them as juniors.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This.
The Arsenal and Chelsea 'fans' I know were not born in London, and nor were their parents.
Just switched to these 2 clubs during the George Graham, or Hoddle/Vialli/Mourinho eras.
Or perhaps some always were fans but didnt go due to a shit standard of football and a ground that was falling apart, perhaps like the 12,000 odd lifelong fans who now have season tickets to the amex ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here