Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastics who work in Brighton

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
its their loss, no amount of seeing man u on tv winning what ever, can even come close to the highs and lows of actually going to live matches

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
people that claim to support another team, usually premiership, and then refer to the Albion as 'we' when talking about them, piss me off the most.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hillarious Thread. We have all had to put up with these idiots almost every day. I actually feel sorry for them. Some of my best memories are getting the train down to Hove aged 13 with my mates. Paper round money would pay for the train, a visit to "Tummy Burgers", then a Gulls Eye outside the church and a programme and on to the North Stand. The highlight of every week back then. Just have to pity the new breed of armchair fan.

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
i was a plastic glory hunter until i was 7 as my dad moved around the country alot......liverpool was my thing....then in 1976 after moving to surrey my dad said one day do you want to go and watch brighton today or crystal palace.......i dont recall saying "who wants to watch a bunch of pikeys playing for their supper" and it was most probably "brighton please daddy"......but the rest they say is history!.......and i have a plastic man city fan at work(never been ever) but books days off to watch them on tv.......i just ignore any football related chat with him and it drives him crazy,these people really are worth going out of your way to ignore

D

Deleted User X18H

I am so gutted I am not in the office next week

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me that almost all the people that say they support a premiership team have never actually been there.
When you ask why they don't go, they almost always trot out the old excuse, "it's too expensive".

These people are NOT football supporters and they don't really support that team (whichever team it may be). It's just bragging rights down the local pub and a replica shirt, and no more than that.
And the drivel they spout about "their team" is only repeats of what's been said on the TV or radio.

Cock on!:wanker::wanker::tosser::tosser:all of them

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
But this thread is about plastic Premier League fans. If your friends buy season tickets and end up supporting us then surely that is a good thing?

How else can our fanbase grow?
I see your point there but it is annoying to hear these people talking about Brighton and going to games now we are doing well, but they weren't when we were fighting relegation were they. And when we hit a bumpy patch they will go straight back to the premier league to watch them on a small box.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can be a problem with your Kids when you live away from Sussex. Both my lads were born and lived for over 20 years in Suffolk. We often went to Portman road especially in the Bobby Robson era. They were swept up through schools into the Ipswich Town Fan Base. We also went to the Goldstone and Albion away matches. Both lads now support Albion and Ipswich. Both now live away from Sussex. I think their number 1 team is Ipswich but they probably would not dare admit that to me!

Would have been hard not have turned out an Ipswich fan if you had that wonderful team of Wark, Brazil, Mariner, Muhren and Thijssen on your doorstep!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blackburn shirts in Brighton

1995 - Lot's
2011-as many as Palace.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Blackburn shirts in Brighton

1995 - Lot's
2011-as many as Palace.

That was the biggest joke of the lot! Blackburn ffs! I will relish the day when the streets of northern outposts are dotted with our replica shirts as we tear the Premiership a new arzehole.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Premiership fans I know who took the piss that I supported Brighton are beginning to quieten down now, In manchester at my local bar....one guy said you'll be straight back down and will lose Poyet to someone like West Ham :lolol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The Premiership fans I know who took the piss that I supported Brighton are beginning to quieten down now, In manchester at my local bar....one guy said you'll be straight back down and will lose Poyet to someone like West Ham :lolol:

I hope you swiftly told him to do one!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I hope you swiftly told him to do one!

On trying to educate these United fans on the infrastructure being built in Sussex, they listen to what they want to listen to....if a club is not in the champions league....they aint worht bothering with...I just laughed at his ignorance! :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Imagine if we applied our approach to football clubs to bands:
- You can only go and see your local band.
- You can't just buy a band's music - you have to watch them live otherwise you're a plastic.
- You can only like one band.
- When the band's output deteriorates, you still have to go to their gigs for ever more, and you can't ditch them for anyone else!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here